Request for FC's gyro metadata recording during air unit recording.
3394 6 2020-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
throneoffarming
lvl.1

South Korea

This suggestion is welcomed by all DJI FPV user.

Drone's FC includes a gyro.

The air unit is connected by FC by TX.

When recording, record the gyro's metadata together.

And if you make the video format compatible with GoPro, We can use Reel Steady for that video.

If this offer is accepted, people will buy an air unit instead of buying a gopro.

We ask for a positive review.
2020-6-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there throneoffarming. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates, kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and your insights are greatly appreciated.
2020-6-22
Use props
sseefried
lvl.1

Australia

This is SUCH a good idea. ReelSteady produces the nicest looking FPV footage but it would be really nice if we didn't have to buy a GoPro to use it. Better yet, perhaps you could do the stabilization on the Air Unit itself while filming?
2020-9-8
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

sseefried Posted at 9-8 18:19
This is SUCH a good idea. ReelSteady produces the nicest looking FPV footage but it would be really nice if we didn't have to buy a GoPro to use it. Better yet, perhaps you could do the stabilization on the Air Unit itself while filming?

Sadly I doubt they are able to do it in current Air Unit - it's already overheating ;)
so there is not much compute power left as we see it already suffer from many d/c, shutdowns etc

but that idea of gyro data gather is great! would make life so much easier
(I think You should be able to extract it from blackbox on FC, but if we can have them easy accesible together with video feed od SDcard- that would be so nice)
+1 for this idea
2020-9-9
Use props
sequitur
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

This would be a game changer.  Especially if it was done not just for DJI drones but also for the Action Camera.  I don't know if mobile phones can record gyro data, but if so embedding it in videos shot using the Mobile gimbals would be fantastic as well.  Could DJI embed gyro data in any of the videos on any of their products which could be stablized using Sony Catalyst along with or instead of ReelSteady.
2020-9-22
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

+1 +2 +3 for that idea that would really be a great help. I think it's still doable if You got FC with blackbox
but that's a lot of work, (get gyro data to blackbox, then convert it, and finaly try to use with video) a simple save as extra file in AU would make it so much easier
2020-9-23
Use props
throneoffarming
lvl.1

South Korea

I think DJI has enough technology to realize this idea.

Since reelsteady has become the Gopro family, it needs coordination between companies, but I still think it's possible.

I think it is not technically very difficult to record video and gyro metadata in synchronization.

I need to create a CLI that can link beta flight gyro data in Air Unit Rx, but I think that is not difficult either.

The most important thing is whether DJI wants to do it.

When this idea becomes a reality, people will buy two air units instead of the GoPro 8.
2020-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules