Buy local - shipping estimates from DJI are wrong!
949 14 2020-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FkAe5wodcqlo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33829 ft
United Kingdom

I can appreciate that buying a newly released product could have an effect on delivery times as there will be a higher demand for the product, however, I would assume the website would reflect this.
At the time of purchasing my Mavic Air 2 (on Sunday 7th of June 2020) the site said there would be 2-5 business days for delivery after payment was confirmed. My payment was made and then confirmed via email within 15 mins of each other. Great, that means that at the latest I would get my new drone on Friday the 12 at the latest ready for the weekend!

How wrong I was...

After being on chat every day to DJI, and getting the same scripted responses, I eventually managed to get an agent that informed me that there wasn't actually stock available. They had been lying to me saying "it will be shipped asap".

The product was eventually "shipped" on Tuesday the 16th (9 days after I purchased the product) so again I assumed there would be no more than 5 business days for it to arrive.

HOWEVER, after talking to a lovely DHL agent in their call centre, it appears this will not be the case!

The 'express shipping' part of the delivery is only once the item has reached the destination country. Items are packed onto a pallet from China, moved to a DHL warehouse and then a few items at a time are then flown to the destination country. Only once ALL the items in the pallet are at the destination country, will the delivery status be updated, and ONLY then will they be sent to their final destinations.

The kicker is, I could have bought the same bundle for the same price at my local high street photography store, that have them in stock, with next day delivery!

I can't even get a refund on the drone until it arrives at my door. Who knows when that will be...
2020-6-19
Use props
TheVoT
lvl.3
Ireland

Oh god... and mine that was bought the day after (3531057992918) isn't even shipped yet..
2020-6-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience caused. I have managed to get your order number via your forum account, I will forward it to our logistics team for a check. If there is an update, I'll let you know, thanks.
2020-6-19
Use props
jjcmini
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-19 05:31
Hi there, we sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience caused. I have managed to get your order number via your forum account, I will forward it to our logistics team for a check. If there is an update, I'll let you know, thanks.

I would love to think you will be able to update me, but this is the same scripted response that gets added to most of these forum threads...
2020-6-19
Use props
Armhunter
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-19 05:31

Order Number:0010055895453

From what I have been reading, DJI doesn't carry inventory or has a huge lack of inventory.  If my item can not be shipped out today can you please cancel my order.  I will order it from another vendor that has plenty of units.

I appreciate your help.  It would be nice if you guys stated you are out of stock, or show an estimated shipping date.. Not 3-5 days when I come here and see people waiting 14-20 days.  

Thank you!
2020-6-19
Use props
Drone Taiwan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 535230 ft
Taiwan

I bought mine on June 4th, and just got it yesterday
The handling time said one working day when i purchased it, but actually took 13 days for handling, one day for shipping to arrive where i live, and one day for customs clearance, so a total of 15 days to get my drone.

Everyone knows that we are in a pandemic, and that working hours and working environments have changed drastically, and we can accept that there might be delays on the shipping, airport customs, and that kind of stuff.

But DJI must have to be honest on the handling time. If you put the handling time is 15 days, i know what im getting on.
So from DJI side, we felt scam, because you lied to us on the handling time. If you put down handling time 15 days due high demand, pandemic, etc, every client will understand.
But if you put one day for handling and takes 13 days, it just damage the brand image.

Be honest with your clients and you wont get that much bad image
Specially now that DJI is in some kind of trouble with the Autel stuff.
2020-6-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Armhunter Posted at 6-19 12:11
Order Number:0010055895453

From what I have been reading, DJI doesn't carry inventory or has a huge lack of inventory.  If my item can not be shipped out today can you please cancel my order.  I will order it from another vendor that has plenty of units.

Hi Armhunter, sorry to keep you waiting, the estimated shipping date of your order is 1-3 business days, the warehouse is still processing it. We do have a little pressure in the warehouse recently and we will do our best to optimize it. The package has been completed and we will push the team to ship it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2020-6-21
Use props
jjcmini
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Day 15 since spending close to £1,000 on a drone and I still don’t have it...

Can I either have:
A. An update on my purchase location or
B. A full refund
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jjcmini Posted at 6-21 23:39
Day 15 since spending close to £1,000 on a drone and I still don’t have it...

Can I either have:

Hi jjcmini, your package has been arrived in the UK and preparing to clear the customs at present, it will be delivered to you soon after the customs clearing finished by DHL. Thanks for your patience.
2020-6-22
Use props
jjcmini
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-22 00:01
Hi jjcmini, your package has been arrived in the UK and preparing to clear the customs at present, it will be delivered to you soon after the customs clearing finished by DHL. Thanks for your patience.

How do you know this? DHL website has not been updated? This is great news if this is true!

After speaking to an agent on the DJI chat and to DHL themselves over the phone, neither can confirm that my package has left China... Not sure DJI Natalie's comment is correct, but I live in hope!

2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jjcmini Posted at 6-22 00:38
How do you know this? DHL website has not been updated? This is great news if this is true!

After speaking to an agent on the DJI chat and to DHL themselves over the phone, neither can confirm that my package has left China... Not sure DJI Natalie's comment is correct, but I live in hope!

Our logistics team confirmed with the DHL, and it is the latest update, for your information. I'll push our logistics team to continue to keep an eye on it, I hope you will receive the package soon.
2020-6-22
Use props
TheVoT
lvl.3
Ireland

any news on your package? mine is still in China..
2020-6-23
Use props
jjcmini
lvl.1
United Kingdom

TheVoT Posted at 6-23 14:08
any news on your package? mine is still in China..

So I have rang DHL and they can’t confirm where the package is. So much so that they have logged it as potentially lost so they are investigating now. Last time it was stamped was Wednesday the 17th as leaving the warehouse at China. Nothing since.

Not sure where DJI has their info from, but there is no record of them contacting the logistics company (DHL)

Not impressed as nobody seems to know where it is so a £1,000 drone paid for that I have yet to receive
2020-6-23
Use props
NEV72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23287 ft
United Kingdom

Wished i had come onto the forum before i spent £1300 on a bunch of DJI products direct!! 17th June and still no sign - DHL UK inform me that they have shipped NON Express in Bulk so the first post makes sense.
I also could have got it local and same day and now 100% regret not doing that but thought going direct would have more assurances!!
Loads of people banging on how good DJI products are so went direct!!! Customer service, chat etc is all scripted BS and promises of delivery time scales are WAYYYYYYYY OFF 2-7 days..... more like 2-7 weeks!!!

I hope when my items arrive they are in PERFECT working condition and also have no issues with them as dread to think if i have to deal with DJI direct.  I will buy in the UK next time IF THERE IS A NEXT Time.
2020-7-15
Use props
jjcmini
lvl.1
United Kingdom

NEV72 Posted at 7-15 05:23
Wished i had come onto the forum before i spent £1300 on a bunch of DJI products direct!! 17th June and still no sign - DHL UK inform me that they have shipped NON Express in Bulk so the first post makes sense.
I also could have got it local and same day and now 100% regret not doing that but thought going direct would have more assurances!!
Loads of people banging on how good DJI products are so went direct!!! Customer service, chat etc is all scripted BS and promises of delivery time scales are WAYYYYYYYY OFF 2-7 days..... more like 2-7 weeks!!!

It was painful waiting, and I wouldn’t have been as bothered if the delivery dates were more accurate.

Once mine came it was worth the wait, but only just. And the £19 compensation (after complaining and requesting something back) doesn’t really cover the 1k price tag.

Keep on at them and try ringing DPD. I requested a tracker for ‘lost item’ from them and suddenly my parcel turned up the next day. It does take a while for it to get to the uk though but once here it’s normal deliver time (around 2 days or so)
2020-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules