AirUnitLight / Caddx Vista - Randomly dropping mbits
4072 5 2020-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maGgo
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,

Im having an issue with my air unit lite aka caddx vista.
It happens that without a crash just from one flight to another the mbits which usually stay at 25,2 - 25,4mbits dropps randomly below 15-17mbits or lower like 5-7mbits.
The image is getting really bad at this time and im getting a bad performance.
Im running the latest firmware .005, 700mw, temp control is on, low latency mode and focus mode.
What could cause this behavior?
Does anybody else have the same problem?

Here is a video with google dvr and burned in osd informations.
Check 00:20min or 03:38
In the middle of the flight it stays most of the time solid:
https://youtu.be/Cpl2TByP6L8
2020-6-19
Use props
WeatherB
lvl.3
Canada

I suspect it is due to heat build up in the vista. It looks like you let it sit for a bit before taking off and the issue resolves itself after you fly for a bit (i.e. vista gets some airflow). Most of us have turned off the temp control and we plug in and fly right away.
2020-6-19
Use props
maGgo
lvl.1

Germany

WeatherB Posted at 6-19 04:53
I suspect it is due to heat build up in the vista. It looks like you let it sit for a bit before taking off and the issue resolves itself after you fly for a bit (i.e. vista gets some airflow). Most of us have turned off the temp control and we plug in and fly right away.

But why do i get the same behavior at the end of the flight ? And why does it happen after more then 20 lipos on this quad with no issues so far?

Additionally, i have anothe build with vista unit, and i behave exactly the same and have no issue like this.

Could it be that this is caused by voltage spikes? meaning my Cap is maybe broken?
2020-6-19
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

maGgo Posted at 6-19 04:58
But why do i get the same behavior at the end of the flight ? And why does it happen after more then 20 lipos on this quad with no issues so far?

Additionally, i have anothe build with vista unit, and i behave exactly the same and have no issue like this.
Years ago I repaired two TVs that had bad capacitors. The labels had melted off. It’s not likely the capacitor is bad and does not show visible evidence that it is. Are you using a stack that is made for the DJI system? This would make swapping out the two air units easier if both of them have a connector. Is there adequate room for cooling on the one that is possibly overheating? Next step for me would be to either swap out the vista unit with one from another quad or to buy an extra to swap out. Then if it turns out to be the Vista, I would try to get it warrantied.
2020-6-19
Use props
maGgo
lvl.1

Germany

No i wont touch my only setup which is running. Thats to risky imho.

I tried to swap the Cap to another to verify that this is not causing the issue.
And the result is that if i try to arm the quad, the airunit will stop video transmission and i get a black screen. so it is getting worse and worse every time i arm the unit.
By the way, i thought maybe its duo to overheating, but the airunit is cold and wont get warm or even hot.

I guess its broken and i conntacted the reseller...
2020-6-21
Use props
maGgo
lvl.1

Germany

it would be intressting to know what dji is thinking about this problem. Because it happens the second time to me.
Is there a DJI representative in this forum who will give us a statement, or is there no support by dji ?
2020-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules