How do I turn off beginner mode in DJI Fly V1.1.4 for Android?
5741 3 2020-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xformer
lvl.1

Germany

Hello, everybody,

my son bought a Mavic Mini and has a lot of fun with it. Now, he has flown it quite a few times we want to turn off beginner mode. I searched the internet and this forum and there is always the answer 'Turn it off in the Settings menu of the DJI FLy app'. We looked into each and every menu item of the app but we can not find a setting 'Beginner mode on/off' or similiar.

Can anybody help us with that?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Frank
2020-6-19
Use props
xformer
lvl.1

Germany

Just in case, somebody else stumbles upon this issue:

There is no "Beginner mode" in the DJI Fly app. The reason why the Mavic Mini would not fly more than a few yards away is that it recognized a "load", which was caused by the propeller guard we had installed. After a few seconds there would be a very, very short message that says "load detected" and then the device would no longer fly far away. We removed the propeller guards and then there is no longer this restriction.

I really wonder why installing a propeller guard would cause such a severe restriction. This does not make sense to me. Would it be possible to remove this. I mean this guards just weights a few grams...

Regards,
Frank  
2020-7-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It doesn't take much. My prop guards weigh about 28 grams total and that is enough to limit it. I sometimes instead use a block of flotation material on top that weighs about 7 grams with rubber straps and that has no preformance limit imposed.
2020-7-6
Use props
xformer
lvl.1

Germany

OK, I see. Thanks for pointing that out. I really wonder why this little gadget that a genuine DJI part leads to such a severe restriction.
2020-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules