Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric Bartolo
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Hi,

After updating to betaflight 4.2, when I try to fly my quad, I have no idea of telling how much battery I have left as the voltage stays at 0.00v.

Has anyone encountered this bug before?

MSP is set for the UART 1
in "Power and Battery"  the voltage meter source is set to "Onboard ADC", however, battery is still not being read.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
2020-6-19
Use props
SmooveG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3556 ft
Netherlands

I flashed a new build Kakute F7 V1.5 to betaflitht 4.2. Using UART 4 for the air unit. I don't have that issue.
I have the correct and updated battery voltage both in betaflight and my DJI goggles.
Mine is also set to "Onboard ADC" in "Power and Battery".

So it must be something else causing your 0.0V reading.

2020-6-24
Use props
Eric Bartolo
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

SmooveG Posted at 6-24 04:27
I flashed a new build Kakute F7 V1.5 to betaflitht 4.2. Using UART 4 for the air unit. I don't have that issue.
I have the correct and updated battery voltage both in betaflight and my DJI goggles.
Mine is also set to "Onboard ADC" in "Power and Battery".

Issue solved - apparently I was flashing the from target despite version saying one thing, the actual target was different as I message the drone supplier.
2020-6-24
Use props
SmooveG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3556 ft
Netherlands

Eric Bartolo Posted at 6-24 05:22
Issue solved - apparently I was flashing the from target despite version saying one thing, the actual target was different as I message the drone supplier.

I understand you flashed the wrong target?
Then I'm surprised that you only had the 0V issue and not a hell of a lot more

Good thing you were able to figure it out.
Happy flying.
2020-6-28
Use props
John1196
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,
I have a similar issue along the same lines, no battery voltage displayed.

I have a wing with a F405 flight controller in it and everything is fine. I turned off the voltage indication in the betaflight OSD as the voltage is displayed in the DJI aircraft voltage display in the goggles. Bottom right just to left of timer. I assume it senses the supply voltage to the unit and displays it.

I have a second air unit I am using as just a video tx in an old fixed wing, no flight controller etc. As the DJI air unit is powered off the flight pac  I would expect the battery voltage to be displayed next to the aircraft symbol arrow. However it just reads 0.

If you just power the DJI air unit and have no other connections should it send the supply voltage to the goggles.

Thanks
2020-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules