Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to Stop Automatic Landing
717 4 2020-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcello6
lvl.2

Brazil

Hi,

I've developed an app that generates waypoint missions. Most missions end with final action set to Return to Home. The drone fly to its set RTH altitude, goes home in a streight line and then begin the landing procedure. The issue is that sometimes the pilot identifys that the landing point is not safe anymore ( say a car or some person is standing there or the precision landing failed and the drone is going close an object ). In this situation I need a way to allow the pilot to stop the landing procedure, but there is no way to stop it.

I've tried pressing pause button, pressing and hold, pressing multiple times. Switch to sport mode. Switch modes back and forward multiple times. All actions stops the landing breefly and then it resumes. This behavior happens even when the drone controles LCD show "Landing". Pressing pause while its written "Going Home" stops the landing. But after the controller shows "Landing" seems to be no going back. Even if the drone still 50m+ high in the air.

This behavior brings extreme hazard to UAV operations and should be fixed ASAP. Maybe pressing pause once should stop it.
2020-6-19
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Make sure you have enabled: setSmartReturnToHomeEnabled which will then trigger a 10 second countdown before RTH is executed.  The pilot can then either cancel RTH or just let it happen  

You can read more here:

confirmSmartReturnToHomeRequest  
https://developer.dji.com/api-reference/android-api/Components/FlightController/DJIFlightController.html#djiflightcontroller_confirmsmartreturntohomerequest_inline
setSmartReturnToHomeEnabled

https://developer.dji.com/api-re ... ohomeenabled_inline

2020-6-19
Use props
Marcello6
lvl.2

Brazil

After the pilot accept the return to home action, when the aircraft start its decent to the ground. How does the pilot abort this action? That's what i'm asking.
2020-6-20
Use props
kv886
lvl.4

Hong Kong

I found an API cancelLanding. Is this what you need?
2020-6-21
Use props
Marcello6
lvl.2

Brazil

Reading the API seems that calling cancelLanding will actually stop the automatic landing as intended. But, do I need to implement a listener for the user pressing the pause button on the controller and then call this method? I thought that this was the default behavior of the controller pause button.

I will implement this ASAP and test if it works. I'll bring back the results of the tests this week.

Also, in the possible event that my controller disconnects from my mobile app during the landing procedure, this implementation will not work. In this case, what can I do to prevent the landing?

I'm bringing this up not to nitpick , but my concern is that UAV operations should be treated as common aviation operations. Every event should be though out in order to have the safest operation as possible. If there is no way to prevent the landing after it start, I need to know for sure in order to plan for it.
2020-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules