Did I brick my P4? Firmware issue and Ipad Mini 2 DJI GO 4 problem
787 1 2020-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PHREAKTOR
lvl.2
United States

I have been flying perfectly for a week now using my p4 an DJI GO 4 on my iPad Mini.  Occasionally the error message statin "The current device cannot use DJI GO 4" until I powered on the P4 and it would work fine with no issues whatsoever.  Today, I went to fly and when I logged in to DJI GO4, I noticed it said there were firmware updates for the RC and AC.  I tapped the one for the RC and it started beeping 4 timess in rapid sucession. THen the screen went to the error screen described above.  The drone has rapid yellow LEDs indicating it is not paired.  The RC has a cyan/light green status LED and the last white LED is blinking while the other three are solid.

The RC doesn't power cycle as normal now either.  When I press Power on the RC, all 4 LEDs blink and then I hold the POwer button and it powers off, but when I press it again, it goes right back to the 3 solid/one flashing status as described earlier.  I tried to update the drone firmware to the latest version in DJI Assistant 2 and it fails at 99%.  Now the DJI GO 4 app only displays the error screen, so I cannot access the settings.  I read somewhere that the iPad Mini 2 is not compatible with the app, but it worked fine until I attemtped to update the firmware.  Is the RC bricked?

Can anyone please help?  I'm super bummed I can;t fly today because my Dad is here and wants to see it.

2020-6-19
Use props
PHREAKTOR
lvl.2
United States

Currently chatting with Support.  They are saying it was caused by the iPad being incompatible, but that does not explain why the AC FW won't update.
2020-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules