Newbie needs help ! Video breaking up
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yarnik
lvl.1

France

Hi, I have new to me a P3 pro and an Azus Google Nexus 7, which I understood was compatible. All works fine when not recording video, but as soon as I go into record, the video movement breaks up (even on the bench in close proximity) as though the downlink was weak or the screen can't cope with the bit rate, and the Phantom becomes unflyable from the screen. I've tried changing the recording video format to the lowest possible and changing the frame rate but nothing helps. However, replaying the recorded video direct from the Phantom to the remote, even 4K, works fine. So question: does the downlink video (to the "live" screen) switch formats when going into record ? Can the downlink video be locked into a low resolution/bit rate while recording at a higher value ?  
Apologies if I have completlely missunderstood whats hapening here, maybe it's a common user error !
2020-6-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The video recorded to the SD card in the aircraft will always be OK, and no, the video does not change format once recording, and the video sent back to the RC unit is already at a lower resolution, it is only 720p. What is most likely happening, is that you have got video caching selected, so the 720p video feed is being recorded to your phone, and the phone is having difficulty handling it. Go into the settings, find video caching and if it is on, switch it off and see if that helps.
2020-6-19
Use props
USS ENTERPRISE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2063642 ft
South Korea

isn't The P3 outdated?
2020-6-19
Use props
USS ENTERPRISE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2063642 ft
South Korea

i recommend mavic mini
2020-6-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The P3Pro is still a better machine than the Mini.... It may be older, but it is stable, flies better and can handle stronger winds.
2020-6-19
Use props
yarnik
lvl.1

France

Many thanks for your replies. I'll do some more testing today. Yes, I realize the P3 is an old model but I couldn't afford a brand new Mavric, etc. My logic was better to get a good second hand drone with a good reputation rather than a cheap new one. I must say I'm amazed at how well it flies. I'm not surprised that DJI cornered the market for quality drones.
2020-6-20
Use props
yarnik
lvl.1

France

Update: SUCCESS  !  - Many thanks, GEEBAX, you were spot on !  Switched off video caching and all is well now.  Thanks again.
2020-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules