674 8 2020-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ra Phi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 353271 ft
Switzerland

Hi,

I've just got my MA2 today and was very excited about it - until I realized that I have to use the DJI Fly App. I had much more control over various settings in DJI Go4 with my MA1, setting battery warning limit for starters but there are also no settings for saturation/contrast/sharpness. Panorama mode is also lacking and the options for the fN button on the remote are very limited, e.g. I cannot set it to focus the map or show me battery status. I don't understand why DJI has build a superiour version of the Mavic Air1 in every possible way but forces us to use an inferior and dumbed down app.

I understand that they are trying to make things easier for beginners but why not give an expert-mode in addition for people who know what they want to achieve? Or is there a way to use the DJI Go4 App with Mavic Air 2?

2020-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ra Phi, Mavic Air 2 doesn't support DJI Go 4, and some features ate not available for Mavic Air 2, it is not all about the APP. But we will keep optimizing, please stay tuned to the future update, thanks for your support.
2020-6-20
Use props
Ra Phi
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-20 02:39
Hi Ra Phi, Mavic Air 2 doesn't support DJI Go 4, and some features ate not available for Mavic Air 2, it is not all about the APP. But we will keep optimizing, please stay tuned to the future update, thanks for your support.

Hi Mindy, well at least I found panorama mode, don't know why I didn't see it before. All the other options are missing though indeed.

But I only today noticed one of the most important features for me is missing in DJI Fly too: Apparently it's not possible to adjust the speed of the gimbal when adjusting it with the wheel on the remote, nor is it possible to set "smooth stop" or however this was called in GO4, to have the gimbal speed gradualy reduced when reaching an end-point. Smooth gimbal transitions are a real hassle this way, I hope this will be added to DJI Fly App very soon.
2020-6-20
Use props
Ra Phi
lvl.4
Switzerland

Ra Phi Posted at 6-20 04:42
Hi Mindy, well at least I found panorama mode, don't know why I didn't see it before. All the other options are missing though indeed.

But I only today noticed one of the most important features for me is missing in DJI Fly too: Apparently it's not possible to adjust the speed of the gimbal when adjusting it with the wheel on the remote, nor is it possible to set "smooth stop" or however this was called in GO4, to have the gimbal speed gradualy reduced when reaching an end-point. Smooth gimbal transitions are a real hassle this way, I hope this will be added to DJI Fly App very soon.

I just realized that Expo/Sensitivity Settins are also missing in the DJI Fly App... I mean cmon, I understand that the aim of the new app is to not overwhelm beginners but can't you imagine that many customers buying the Mavic Air 2 were previously flying the Mavic Air 1?

DJI please, PLEASE listen: give us back full control over the drone or just make DJI Go4 compatible with the Mavic Air 2. I was so excited when I got my MA2, and the drone itself is almost perfect but now that the "discover-what-the-bird-can-do-phase" is over and I want to get back into serious filming, I am very frustrated with the DJI Fly App.

Not only are very important features for experienced pilots missing, the DJI Fly App also crashes way more than GO4. The other day my screen just went dark midflight and I had to restart the app, it was quite a scary moment. Please for the love of flying, let people choose which app they want to use. Those who are happy with DJI Fly should use that app and those who want more control and app-stability can use DJI GO4.
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ra Phi Posted at 6-21 10:20
I just realized that Expo/Sensitivity Settins are also missing in the DJI Fly App... I mean cmon, I understand that the aim of the new app is to not overwhelm beginners but can't you imagine that many customers buying the Mavic Air 2 were previously flying the Mavic Air 1?

DJI please, PLEASE listen: give us back full control over the drone or just make DJI Go4 compatible with the Mavic Air 2. I was so excited when I got my MA2, and the drone itself is almost perfect but now that the "discover-what-the-bird-can-do-phase" is over and I want to get back into serious filming, I am very frustrated with the DJI Fly App.

All your feedback has been forwarded to our R&D department, we will keep improving our products according to customers' voice, please note the future update, thank you very much.
2020-6-23
Use props
Ra Phi
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-23 05:00
All your feedback has been forwarded to our R&D department, we will keep improving our products according to customers' voice, please note the future update, thank you very much.

Hello Mindy,

thanks for the reply, for your convenience, these are all the settings in one place which I miss the most (in order of appearance):
- Gimbal speed
- Gimbal smoothness
- Cinema Flying Mode
- Fn Button functionality
- Picture settings: saturation/contrast/sharpness
- EXPO settings
- Battery Warning adjustment
- Sensitivity settings
- Gain settings

I won't bother you again though, thanks for forwarding my feedback to R&D. I know from other forums that I am not the only one missing some or all of these features. And of course I will read every update announcement and keep hoping ;)
2020-6-23
Use props
fans49ab7096
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2477 ft
United States

Will the app be updated so that this can be a good product to film with?  I am about to go to another brand and give up on DJI.  DJI, what is going on???

All the above things that the person said LAST YEAR are essential and missing!
2021-9-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Much of what you’re complaining about is on the fly app, and they’re plenty of panorama modes including some new modes, maybe you need to find your way around the app first. In many ways its a far better app and certainly from a photography point of view dji has made fly app a lot less cluttered much more streamlined and easy to navigate.
Using both apps it takes a bit of getting used to but I think in time you’ll come round and see why fly app is actually pretty good.

- Gimbal speed (on fly app)
- Gimbal smoothness (on fly app)
- Cinema Flying Mode (Cine Mode on RC)
- Fn Button functionality (you can set button on remote)
- Picture settings: saturation/contrast/sharpness (Missing !!!)
- EXPO settings (in App)
- Battery Warning adjustment (Battery warning available)
- Sensitivity settings (in app)
- Gain settings (in App)
2021-9-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans49ab7096 Posted at 9-26 11:36
Will the app be updated so that this can be a good product to film with?  I am about to go to another brand and give up on DJI.  DJI, what is going on???

All the above things that the person said LAST YEAR are essential and missing!

No they’re not. Read above post Number 8
2021-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules