20934 27 2020-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TimothyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Fly App needed for my new Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Mini does not install on a Samsung Galaxy TabA.  You can't even download it from the Play Store to the tablet.  Which seems odd to me.  My TabA is the latest model/version.  The DJI Fly app installs just fine on my new Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra phone.  
I was successfully able to download the DJI Fly install file and sideload it to my TabA with no issues.  The DJI Fly app on the TabA does recognize both the new Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Mini.  

Has anyone else done this successfully and if so have you had any issues flying?

The DJI Go 4 app installs and operates just fine on my TabA for my Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic Air and Spark.  So when is DJI going to update the DJI Fly app so that it can be downloaded and installed via the Google Play Store onto the TabA?

2020-6-19
Use props
Hotrod in Daytona
lvl.3
United States

I use the TAB S5E.  I know its more $$$$ but the screen is so much brighter which is what your spending the dollars on.
2020-6-19
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hotrod in Daytona Posted at 6-19 13:19
I use the TAB S5E.  I know its more $$$$ but the screen is so much brighter which is what your spending the dollars on.

Sounds great!  However, I am not asking about the TAB SSE.  I am asking about the TabA...
2020-6-19
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Since you have managed to install DJI Fly on the Tab A, the only way to check if it works is to test fly it.

2020-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hithere, the DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as below:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.
3. Supporting ArmV8 64-bit architectures (64-bit processor).

Please check whether your tablet meets the requirement above. If it is not working, there might be a compatibility issue, it is recommended to use the phone in the recommended list for a better experience: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads
2020-6-20
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks...however, that did not answer my question.  Also, I don't see any list per the link you sent
2020-6-20
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-20 02:46
Hithere, the DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as below:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.

The Samsung Galaxy TabA 8 does indeed meet the installation environment requirements.  As stated, I can download the .apk file from DJI.com and sideload it just fine on the Galaxy TabA and it all works.    If the TabA did not meet the installation requirements sideloading the .apk file would fail right?  
  • So...why does DJI not allow the download and install of DJI Fly app to the TabA directly from the Google Play Store when it does for the DJI Go 4 app?
  • Also, why doesn't DJI support ALL newer Android devices that meet the installation requirement.
  • And lastly... when will DJI get off their ass and start supporting these devices??

2020-6-23
Use props
3JdadTsi
New

Canada

Hello Timothy.
You said that you download and installed DJI Fly Pilot to your TAB A and side installed it.
Did it work? If yes, how did you get it installed?
Thanks.
Ayo
2020-11-10
Use props
3JdadTsi
New

Canada

How come DJI  has not issued an update software patch to enable Samsung Tab A to be used as a monitor for Mavic Mini?
Ayo
2020-11-10
Use props
Devearl Leo
lvl.1
United States

I paid over $140 for the Samsung Tab A! Why the hell doesn’t it load?? Not compatible???

DJI, FIX THIS!!!!!
2020-11-12
Use props
Devearl Leo
lvl.1
United States

3JdadTsi Posted at 11-10 22:57
How come DJI  has not issued an update software patch to enable Samsung Tab A to be used as a monitor for Mavic Mini?
Ayo

THIS IS INSANE!!!
2020-11-12
Use props
Devearl Leo
lvl.1
United States

3JdadTsi Posted at 11-10 22:51
Hello Timothy.
You said that you download and installed DJI Fly Pilot to your TAB A and side installed it.
Did it work? If yes, how did you get it installed?

Yes, please explain. Thanks!
2020-11-12
Use props
RussellBDrone
New
Flight distance : 319760 ft
United States

My tab A had same " not on Samsungs Google Play Store " issue. side load as well and everything is working.. bought a sunshade and screen is plenty bright...
2020-11-23
Use props
djiuser_2XXQHk8YMtEI
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi, i have an Samsung tab a  10.1inch ,i donwloadit it from DJU ,but it is not possible to install.The DJI Go 4 works very well with my mavic pro2 it it possible that that the Fly app not work with 32bit Samsung Tab a?
2021-1-24
Use props
kwpodolsky
lvl.1
United States

I have a Samsung Tab A 8" (SM-T380) and if I go to Play.Google.Com, the DJI Fly app doesn't even show up.  Go 4 does as does others.
SO... I went to the DJI site, used the QR Code and downloaded the APK file.
Tried to install it and got an UNKNOWN ERROR.
Why is it I can run DJI Go 4, Litchi, Dronelink, Kittyhawk, AirMap, FT Aviator and others, but I can't install/run DJI Fly???
2021-3-28
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

kwpodolsky Posted at 3-28 07:16
I have a Samsung Tab A 8" (SM-T380) and if I go to Play.Google.Com, the DJI Fly app doesn't even show up.  Go 4 does as does others.
SO... I went to the DJI site, used the QR Code and downloaded the APK file.
Tried to install it and got an UNKNOWN ERROR.

The FLY app needs a 64 bit system. Some Tab A's are not 64 bit.
2021-3-28
Use props
djiuser_QKhb68IfDJ2n
New

United States

GaryDoug Posted at 3-28 14:56
The FLY app needs a 64 bit system. Some Tab A's are not 64 bit.

Thanks to all for helping us Galaxy TAB A peeps. PhoneDB says my Samsung SM-T580 WIFI Tab A is 64bit.  Android My Device says 2gb ram but can't see if 32 or 64 os

I downloaded the current dji fly apk from dji. Per instructions I made permission to run 'untrusted apk' .. THE app installs to about 75% and reports : App not installed.

Running Android 8.1.0 O-r-e-oooooo
Maybe I've turn a system apk off ?
Any help appreciated.
2021-4-3
Use props
djiuser_QKhb68IfDJ2n
New

United States

Hey Mates ! Dji Fly apk lists supported haaaardware.
If read ... Galaxy tablets do not appear .. Phaablets and phooones .. not tablets

- what .the ...  ?

Whatever. How do I cast my samsungs20 to my wifi tablet (hey happy DJI doesn't mandate wearing a mask while flying)
2021-4-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_QKhb68IfDJ2n Posted at 4-3 18:13
Thanks to all for helping us Galaxy TAB A peeps. PhoneDB says my Samsung SM-T580 WIFI Tab A is 64bit.  Android My Device says 2gb ram but can't see if 32 or 64 os

I downloaded the current dji fly apk from dji. Per instructions I made permission to run 'untrusted apk' .. THE app installs to about 75% and reports : App not installed.

I don't know why so many users expect the Tab A to work when DJI does not say it will. The T580 processor is plenty powerful but it has NO magnetic sensor, so part of the display will NOT work That may be why DJI does not list it. Android version doesn't matter a lot, 64 bit devices have been supported since Android 5 and DJI says FLY needs Android 6.
2021-4-4
Use props
djiuser_CPyQPgFyXNNk
New

United States

RussellBDrone Posted at 2020-11-23 07:45
My tab A had same " not on Samsungs Google Play Store " issue. side load as well and everything is working.. bought a sunshade and screen is plenty bright...
I have the the 21 so i can fly, but i picked up this little tabA to try a bigger screen. Obviously having the same issues you guys have had. So what is this "side loading"? I gotta try this or im gonna eat the cost of this damn tablet
2021-9-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_CPyQPgFyXNNk Posted at 9-26 00:54
I have the the 21 so i can fly, but i picked up this little tabA to try a bigger screen. Obviously having the same issues you guys have had. So what is this "side loading"? I gotta try this or im gonna eat the cost of this damn tablet

Try downloading from the Galaxy store.
2021-9-27
Use props
djiuser_RqZ5wHbx6jq7
New

United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-27 05:35
Try downloading from the Galaxy store.

This option worked for me on Galaxy A51. Many thanks
2021-12-30
Use props
djiuser_Da6vZtj0LkXM
lvl.1

Switzerland

Devearl Leo Posted at 2020-11-12 19:06
I paid over $140 for the Samsung Tab A! Why the hell doesn’t it load?? Not compatible???

DJI, FIX THIS!!!!!

I am on your side DJI FIX FIX THIS I HAVE A TAB A TO
2022-1-22
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am on the same boat... this tablet is plenty powerful enough... Android v10. Sideload ends in "Not Installed" for me.
2022-5-7
Use props
Robert129
lvl.1

Canada

Can you PLEASE post or send me a detailed how to install on a Samsung Tab A8 as I have tried many many times and am finding it impossible.  Cheers.  Bob
2022-10-3
Use props
djiuser_PCZHtd6se8f8
New
Flight distance : 3501 ft
United States

I have a galaxy s20 fe I have to go to DJI website for updates and app installs . It doesn't make sense why it's not in the play store anymore.
2022-10-9
Use props
djiuser_PCZHtd6se8f8
New
Flight distance : 3501 ft
United States

TimothyD Posted at 2020-6-20 07:00
Thanks...however, that did not answer my question.  Also, I don't see any list per the link you sent

That's all I'm able to do is go to DJI website for updates it's not in the play store anymore for some reason. My app would crash every time I tried to launch it until I went there for an update.
2022-10-9
Use props
djiuser_A49EFXfC0zpY
New
Flight distance : 2477 ft
United States

Devearl Leo Posted at 2020-11-12 19:06

DJI, FIX THIS!!!!!

I have the same tab and if i. Correct its the 10.1 screen right it will download you just have to go to your settings and select allow download from unknown source and instead of downloading the app type it in your browser with apk download after and fo from there
2023-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules