Ghost Spot Source?
589 4 2020-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I noticed a ghost spot moving through my video and I'm really puzzled as to what may have caused it. I have attached a video containing three sequences. The first one is the recorded video from the MA2. You will see the spot appear bottom center and then move vertically through the grassy field and up into the trees. The second sequence is a closeup (2x) of the first seq. And finally, the third shows the spot, within a brighter highlight oval, traversing diagonally across a field and then across, right to left. The sun is to the back of the MA2 and I don't believe there could be anything high enough to reflect sunlight both up into the trees AND down into the grassy fields with such a narrow beam. And with the camera poininting in the opposite direction of the sun, it can't be a lens reflection.

2020-6-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure why that happens, but I can assure you that you are not the only one.
I have seen that with every drone I have owned.
2020-6-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is called Heiligenschein, you can read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heiligenschein
2020-6-19
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Learned two things today, this is a phenomenon that others have experienced and it has a name - Heiligenschein. I would say it was appropriate as there is a church on the other side of the trees. Thanks Woe and Geebax.
2020-6-19
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Yeah, it’s basically looking down the length of the drone’s shadow...it’s the ray formed as a continuation of the line of the sun and drone.
2020-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules