Mavic zoom vs Pro
824 4 2020-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimdoyle2
lvl.1

United States

I am looking to buy one of the 2 units.  the Zoom or ProThree questions;

what size raw file does the zoom produce?

is this the same sensor as in the Phantom 4 Pro?

and are the gimbels and cameras interchangeable?

thanks

2020-6-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Zoom uses a 1/2.3" sensor (the P4P has a 1" sensor as does the Mavic 2 Pro (The Mavic 3 Pro has not even been announced yet and it will probably be quite a while until it is).

The Zoom takes 12mp stills in DNG RAW. The M2P and P4P take 20mp stills.

None of the Mavic's have modular gimbals so can not be interchanged - however, there is a way of swapping out the M2Z and M2P gimbals but it's a home based task taking hours and not advisable for the typical user. It will also void your warranty. I would recommend the M2P over the Zoom due to having the superior camera.

That said, the new Mavic Air 2 has a 1/2" sensor (larger than the Zoom) and takes 48mp stills. Be sure to check that out as great value.
2020-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The zoom has one great advantage you don't get in any current DJI drone.
It has the optical 50mm zoom
This can make a huge difference if you like that 'compressed' feeling a 50mm shot gives you.
2020-6-23
Use props
Drone-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

As a freelance journalist I use the zoom because I take advantage of the 48 mpg an 96 zoom on 1080. 96 zoom works only at 1080. I do recommend a smart controller if you need to do live feed
2020-6-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jimdoyle2. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing DJI. The main advantage of the cameras on both the DJI 2 Mavic Pro and the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom is a follows :
The Mavic 2 Pro comes equipped with the all-new Hasselblad L1D-20c camera. The brand new 1-inch CMOS sensor has an active sensing area four times more effective than the original Mavic Pro. The large sensor also means better performance in low-light environments with a more extensive ISO range, and max ISO lifted from 3200 to 12800.
The Mavic 2 Zoom is all about dynamic perspectives and is powered by a 1/2.3-inch 12-megapixel sensor with up to four-times zoom, including a two-times optical zoom (24-48mm) for more creative aerial photography options.
In addition I will post a link ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ) where in you can compare the DJI Mavic 2 Pro with the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and with other DJI Consumer drones. Thank you.
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules