Can't connect to Android via USB-C adapter
3695 8 2020-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tofi
lvl.1
Germany

Hey there!

I have my OP since roughly a year and I'm quite happy with it.
This january I also bought a new phone (Samsung A50) and everything went smoothly. Wireless connected via 5ghz, Smartphone Adapter connected easily, all Mimo feaures worked.

Today I found out that this is no longer the case:
I can still connect via Wifi and if I use a USB-C to Micro-USB adapter, I can connect it to a friends phone.
If I connect it via USB-C to my own phone, it does nothing anymore.
My phone can still connect to PC and charge just fine, it just seems that the Osmo Pocket doesn't want to play nice anymore.

Has anybody experienced this and can help me out?

2020-6-20
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Have you done the usual - restart the phaone, delete and re-install Mimo, ... etc?
2020-6-20
Use props
Tofi
lvl.1
Germany

Ah yes, here is what I tried so far:

- reinstalled Mimo
- restarted the phone
- charged the Osmo Pocket (because it was well below 25% and I thought that maybe it won't "connect and charge" to my phone below that)
- connected it to a different phone via USB-C smartphone connector + micro USB adapter (this works)
- connected it via the Wifi module (works)
- the only thing I haven't tried yet is resetting the Osmo Pockets factory settings, since I'm scared I might need to activate it again, which I could not do right now

First I thought my phones USB-C port might be janked, but I can charge it just fine and data connection with my PC works instantly as well.

When connecting it to my phone, it doesn't even charge my phone anymore which was usually my notification that I connected it correctly.
2020-6-20
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Do you have any friends with Pockets? Maybe try their smartphone adaptor.
2020-6-21
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Has your phone had an Android update? It may have nothing to do with the Pocket and everything to do with the OS. It's just a thought but I've seen some apps rejected on OS updates where Google is not happy about security of the app. I may be wrong but my phone is older and won't accept the new operating system and is fine.  
2020-6-21
Use props
Tofi
lvl.1
Germany

@Curt1591
Sadly no. I only had the chance to test out the Osmo Pocket on a friends phone (with the micro-USB adapter). There it worked.

@Ray-CubeAce
Oh I bet I had multiple updates between when I last used the Osmo Pocket on my phone and now.
Connecting it on the phone is not my main way of using it, so I can't pinpoint the exact day/week (or update for that matter) where it stopped working.

What I find curious is, that it won't even recognize the Osmo Pocket as a "power bank" anymore. I was used to it charging my smartphone whenever I connected it. This doesn't happen anymore.
Even though (like written in the initial post, USB-C charging as well as Data transfer from my PC still works perfectly fine as it always had.
2020-6-21
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Tofi Posted at 6-21 04:20
@Curt1591
Sadly no. I only had the chance to test out the Osmo Pocket on a friends phone (with the micro-USB adapter). There it worked.

The reason I said I wasn't sure is because I hadn't checked if the Osmo Action was suffering in the same way with the Mimo app  (I don't have the Action so would need to check the Action thread). If it isn't I'm wondering why so many problems with the Pocket.  I know the Pocket has not always communicated with other phones well but this is the first time I've seen someone post that it did work but now not.
Super worrying.
Ray.
2020-6-21
Use props
Tofi
lvl.1
Germany

By now I am 99% certain that my smartphone connector (USB-C) is somewhat janked. Here is why:

When pluggin in the Osmo Pocket normally (on the right hand side of the smartphone, so OP screen and smartphone screen is visible to me) it will not recognize the Osmo Pocket.
If I turn it around (so the Osmo Pocket screen isn't visible to me, when looking at the Smartphone screen) the OP will be recognized.
I tested it with an USB-C extension cable, and the same phenomenon appears. I assume that the Micro-USB adapter I used to test it with on a friends phone works around this issue.

I still have a DJI Care Refrsh thing until 28.06.
Does anybody know if this can help getting a replacement USB-C connector to me?
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing your personal insights on what happened to your DJI Osmo Pocket. With regards to the DJI Osmo Pocket USB-C connector. Kindly please visit our official DJI online Store for more details about the said accessories. Thank you.
2020-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules