IMU initializing. Retrieving IMU data. (Code: 30066)
14367 19 2020-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LzOaQv4bjjx6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1293 ft
Spain

Hi all.

I have the MA2 for just 10 days.
When I received the drone, I updated the firmware, set up everything and did a small flight just to see that everything was fine.
2 days ago I updated again the firmware and today when I tried to fly... it was impossible because I always get the error "IMU initializing. Retrieving IMU data. (Code: 30066)"

I tried everything... I recalibrate the IMU several times in different locations (in my house without GPS, outside with strong GPS) but nothing.
I reboot the drone several times and nothing.
Finally I tried to update again the firmware with DJI Assistant 2 and... the DJI Assistant is not working because is stuck in the screen where it shows the USB cable (my laptop is a Dell XPS 15 with Windows 10).

No idea what is happening and no idea what else can be done.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2020-6-20
Use props
vmpVs6EjwtP1
lvl.2
Germany

I have the same Problem ..

First time some 180019 and 180018 errors from the front Sensor ..

Then never Start again ..

Fly it 2 Days without anny Error , than it sucks up ..
2020-6-21
Use props
djiuser_LzOaQv4bjjx6
lvl.1
Spain

Hi all.

Today I went to the official store & support in Madrid and they told me the following:
- An IMU problem cannot be fixed and it is mostly related to the motherboard.
- As the drone was bought in the offical online DJI shop, they cannot help me in doing a return or refund... so I have to manage everything via e-mail with them.

I cannot understand why the official store & support in my town cannot manage this situation and now I have to deal with support via e-mail.
Of course, as the drone has less than 14 days, I have requested the refund.
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. This is not the experience that we wanted you to have with your new DJI Mavic Air 2. If you have any other concerns with DJI, please post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_LzOaQv4bjjx6
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-28 21:23
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. This is not the experience that we wanted you to have with your new DJI Mavic Air 2. If you have any other concerns with DJI, please post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Hi.

I also want another experience, but not only with the drone but also with the after sales team.
I requested the refund one week ago, and I'm still waiting for an answer...

In Amazon you can request a refund in just a couple of cliks.
Here, after 3 emails and 2 chats with the support team, I'm still waiting after one whole week.

Sorry but this is impossible to understand.
2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_LzOaQv4bjjx6 Posted at 6-29 03:47
Hi.

I also want another experience, but not only with the drone but also with the after sales team.

Hi, there. We're sorry to know about this. We pulled up your email using your DJI Forum account. I believe the designated team created a return/refund case for you. We'll seek the attention of the team for further assistance. Thank you in advance for your patience.
2020-7-1
Use props
djiuser_LzOaQv4bjjx6
lvl.1
Spain

Hi DJI Diana.

Yes, I received the mail with the form on Tuesday, and today I have received the shipping label.

Thanks!
2020-7-2
Use props
fans9a3bc752
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2221683 ft
United States

I'm also having an IMU error code 30066 for my brand new magic air 2.
what's going on with this? Its like some days it has a good day and will let me fly and other days it will not take off due to the IMU. in the menu it says that the IMU is ready to go but on the main piloting screen its a red bar with the IMU warning and will not take off.
2020-7-16
Use props
djiuser_j4PpEF58Nhtv
lvl.1
Denmark

Any news on how to fix this problem ?=
2020-7-18
Use props
djiuser_LzOaQv4bjjx6
lvl.1
Spain

As far as I know, it is a problem related to the motherboard, so it cannot be solved.

On the other hand, I sent back the drone and I'm still waiting for any information regarding my refund request.
The drone was delivered to DJI 2 weeks ago (Tuesday 07) and it hasn't been processed yet... so more than 1 month since I started the refund request and I still have to wait more...
2020-7-21
Use props
Ramprabu
New

Norway

Hi, I bought my first drone Mavic air 2 two days back and activated yesterday and this day morning i updated the firmware and the problem started appearing "MU initializing. Retrieving IMU data. (Code: 30066)". I calibrated several times but the same problem persist. I have bought that in the local store and now planning to return it back. Can you please send me an email so that I can take it along asa confirmation.
2020-7-25
Use props
fanscad6f7c1
New
Flight distance : 522484 ft
Russia

Ramprabu Posted at 7-25 00:14
[view_image]

Hi, I bought my first drone Mavic air 2 two days back and activated yesterday and this day morning i updated the firmware and the problem started appearing "MU initializing. Retrieving IMU data. (Code: 30066)". I calibrated several times but the same problem persist. I have bought that in the local store and now planning to return it back. Can you please send me an email so that I can take it along asa confirmation.

Hello!
Today I have the same problem with error code 30066.
I have no crashes.

For my opinion the problem starts after updating firmware by using DJI FLY

To fix this issue, you need to refresh your firmware on your drone and remote controller by using “DJI Assistant 2” on PC.

When refresh my firmware by DJI Assistant 2, the problem with Error 30066 was solved.

i spoke with people from DJI online support, and they recommend me to do that, and now I say it to you.

2020-8-4
Use props
Alonsovic
lvl.1
Spain

fanscad6f7c1 Posted at 8-4 01:49
Hello!
Today I have the same problem with error code 30066.
I have no crashes.

I refreshed the firmware using DJI Assistant for Mavic and the problem was still there.
2020-8-4
Use props
fanscad6f7c1
New
Flight distance : 522484 ft
Russia

Alonsovic Posted at 8-4 09:23
I refreshed the firmware using DJI Assistant for Mavic and the problem was still there.

Which DJI Assistant do you use?

DVI Assistant 2 ?
2020-8-4
Use props
Alonsovic
lvl.1
Spain

I use the "DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic"
2020-8-5
Use props
Pools
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I might as well join the crowd but slightly different. Like others have said, I to have ONLY had mine 2 weeks. Firmware updates correct and complete. Wanted to calibrate imu just for the heck of it. Nope, nada! Right after firmware update and before 1st flight, imu won't go past 95% period. Went ahead and did a low and slow flight. Everything ok. Did a 1 mile flight, everything is fine. I'm just leary that the imu won't calibrate. Yes I have tried almost everything. Reboot several times, placed the drone on different areas on the ground and inside my house on a pool table. Can't get anymore level than that! I really don't know if I should email dji and see about an exchange or not. I had a mavic air that was a lot of fun but wanted the better camera and the flight time, distance. It is a 1 gen and I know it so I will have patience as long as they will communicate with me.

Update 8/6/2020; Looked into more threads and finally found the answer an hour later.
Yes imu was stuck at 95% but followed the other drone images going from one side to another.
It worked! Complete! Then I thought, lets go fly! Did 20 minutes then went to sport mode. Bad joice. Almost dark outside at a decent speed, went out of sight then I heard a thud.
Well it ended up in a palm tree. All I'm thinking is thank God for the Refresh insurance!
25 feet in the air, took a 2x4x4 and threw it at it. A few throws later I hit it and it came down in some plush grass.
The palm tree fans cushioned the crash! Nothing wrong with it. I should play the lottery today!

2020-8-5
Use props
djiuser_PnmULGL2vs9q
New

Colombia

This is 2022... and DJI has the same problem? I just have one month with my AIR 2... and now I got the message: IMU INITIALIZING. Retrieving IMU data (Code: 30067)
2022-8-15
Use props
Cameraman Steve
lvl.1
Flight distance : 555778 ft
United States

i have the same issue right know 4.19 2023
2023-4-19
Use props
djiuser_SDseVJkrlhrX
New

India

Hi Dji support team

I have purchase a new mavic mini dji drone just a few days ago and my first flight was wonderful near a river but unfortunately my drone got stuck into a tree and fallen into a river and I some how found it and took it out from river after an hour ago later I removed out the battery and put some mineral water and open it with the help of screwdriver and clean with alcohol again assembled it as it is in tried to turn it on luckily got on and it's not able to take it off now it's showing an error code of IMU 30066 as well as gimbal error 40012 and also getting over heated can you please try to solve this issue or help me out from this I am really missing my drone to take a flight once again
2023-5-24
Use props
djiuser_SDseVJkrlhrX
New

India

Plz help me out on this issue
2023-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules