652 4 2020-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimmyPickles
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40889 ft
United States

Hi All, I have 2 Fly App questions...

1. There is a directional indicator on the bottom of the main screen.  What does it mean when the indicator turns red?

2.  Under the transmission tab / Channel Mode, mine is set at manual.  I don't believe I have ever touched that tab.  Is manual the default?  Auto seems more intuitive.

Thanks,
jp
2020-6-20
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That is the device compass indicator. If it isn’t working there is an issue reading your device compass. If it fails in flight simply turn the remote upside down and back to reset it. If it fails before you even take off you may need to enable location services for the compass and calibrate it depending on what device you use. I also find flying in airplane mode helps remove any interference with the compass. The remote does seem to interfere with the device compass also. I noticed connecting my iPhone XS phone to the remote changed the direction of North, literally saw the compass change once I connected the device to the remote. But so long as you start up the remote first, then drone then connect the device you should be ok.

For transmission have it on auto. Manual you have to choose the optimal channel and while you are flying that can change mid flight so I find auto more useful. You don’t have to worry about it using auto also.
2020-6-20
Use props
Raymacke
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481995 ft
United States

With the last firmware update mine defaults to MANUAL on every start-up.  
2020-6-20
Use props
Skydiver021
lvl.4
Serbia

Raymacke Posted at 6-20 20:35
With the last firmware update mine defaults to MANUAL on every start-up.

Mine is always on auto, last firmware (500)
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. As advised by 22340179 at post #2, if the aircraft orientation show a red indicator, you may need to calibrate the GPS of the mobile device to correct this. For the second question, using the auto in the channel mode under transmission tab helps the drone to choose the best channel in the mission area automatically. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you.
2020-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules