Feature request to make HDR video truly good
367 2 2020-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

To the DJI moderators, please pass this request along to your development team. While I understand why it's not trivial to allow manual settings in HDR mode (because it's basically using 2 sets of settings at the same time), please at the very least add a way to set the minimum acceptable shutter speed. The fact that it's very often going all the way to 1/30 shutter speed makes the footage very blurry if flying close to objects. With its current mode, the only way to get nice footage out of it is to be far away so there's not that much motion in the shot. At the very least, if adding this setting is not trivial, hardcode it to not go lower than twice the framerate. Bumping the ISO is much better than creating this much motion blur. I took some HDR video earlier today and I had a ton of shots that I now see were shot at ISO 100 and SS 1/30. That's really-really not good, ISO 200 and SS 1/60 would have been MUCH better.

Thank you.
2020-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ice_2k. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2020-6-23
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Thanks, Stephen.
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules