Compass issues
431 5 2020-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365233 ft
United States

Recently updated the firmware, now getting compass errors and I have calibrated the compass. This is in wide open area and I get the red blinking box. Anyone else?
2020-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi DukeNukemNY, sorry to read this, does the error display calibration failed or something? To calibrate the compass, please ensure:
1. Do not calibrate your compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, and steel reinforcements underground.
2. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys or cellular phones.
3. Do not calibrate beside massive metal objects.

If the issue persists, may we have a screenshot of your APP 'the red blinking box'? You may also refresh the firmware and try again.
2020-6-21
Use props
YevhenUA
lvl.1

Ukraine

Do you mean red blinking box in the down of the screen? It means the problem with compass of mobile device, not the aircraft. I have the same issue and it happens randomly. I think it`s bug in DJI Fly, but support can say that I use not compatible device (I use Xiaomi Mi9T). I tried to use Iphone 7, which in compatible devices list, but its compass didn't work at all, I had this blinking red box for all the time of flight. What`s wrong with this DJI Fly app? DJI need to fix all the bugs before providing it to users. I bought Mavic Air 2 for $1250 and I also need to buy compatible phone for it? But as I see, Iphone 7, which present in compatible models list, have the same troubles, and my not compatible Xiaomi Mi9T works even better. It is problem of DJI Fly app because I found the users, which uses Mavic Mini (also DJI Fly), on this forum with the same problem.
2020-6-21
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365233 ft
United States

Thanks for the feedback. Turned out to be the IOS had the compass turned off, not sure how that happened but all good now.
2020-6-22
Use props
Lampengeist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45085 ft
Germany

I've seen this also if I stand still and don't move the RC. It seems that the compass of the phone goes to hibernation if no movement is detected over a period of time. The red box shows up, if I shake the RC with the phone the direction arrow reappears and everything works fine. Phone is an iPhone 8
2020-6-23
Use props
Lampengeist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45085 ft
Germany

Sorry, double post
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules