Phatnom 4 Pro Calibration Failure 0FL252.358215
606 4 2020-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SleekApex
lvl.1

Australia

I have had my Phantom 4 pro and it has been working well since I bought it. After the last firmware update last year, I keep getting a message on the Control thhat the calibration is required. I have downloaded and installed the latest DJI Assistant 2 for the Phantom and tried to do the calibration various times.I have watch youtube videos on how to do the calibration and I know I am not doing it wrong.

I complete all the screens where I have to point the sensors at the screen and move the drone in the direction of the blue box.
It says that it is calibrating and I see the perccentage show up that it is calibrating and eventually it stops with this error message
Calibration failed
Calculation error. Recalibrate now.
Contact DJI support if this persists
0FL252.358215

I have tried with different screens. I sometimes get no black dots on the calibration screen and then have to restart the computer and drone.
I have swapped screens from a 34" screen to a 26" screen with no success.
I even changed the resolutions of the screen from 3440*1440 to 1920*1080 on the 34" screen.
On thhe 26" screen the resolution is 1920*1200, I even changed thast to 1920*1080.

I have increased the brightness on the screens. I have turned the light on in the room as well incase it was too dark.
I have removed the ND filter and isntalled the stock standard filter on the camera.
I have cleaned all sensors to make sure that all is okay. when doing the calibration the screen captures/live feeds do not show any distortion or issues with the image
There was an instance where it asked for the screen size and I typed in 26". I wasn't sure what format to type in the screen size as it gives you no indication what they are expecting.

I am at my wits end with this now as I have wasted 4 hours on this with no success. This drone was fine and had no issues until the last drone. I feel as if DJI have done this on purpose to force me to by a newer drone. I can't even think about selling this drone to get a new one because of the calibration message.
I really can't afford a new drone, unless I sell this drone, which is not possible now.

Is it really that hard to calibrate the sensors?
2020-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi SleekApex, sorry for the trouble with the vision calibration. 0 stands for the downward vision system. FL means the focal length is largely different from the normal value. It may be caused by a screen size test error, it is recommended to set the display’s resolution to the recommended default value. (Usually, the 14-inch display’s resolution should be set at 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 17-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1280*720. The 19-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 22-inch display’s resolution: 1680*1050 or 1920*1080. The 24-inch display’s resolution: 1920*1080 or 1920*1200.)
2020-6-20
Use props
SleekApex
lvl.1

Australia

So I should be using a 24" screen to do the calibration then?
I have grabbed a 20" screen, set the resolution yo 1366*768 and have found that I do not get the black round dots in the test screen. I get a blank screen.
2020-6-21
Use props
SleekApex
lvl.1

Australia

So I spent some time trying different resolutions with no success.
Eventually I gave up and changed it to the default resolution of 1680 * 1050 which is the default for this screen in windows 10.
I launched the DJI Assistant 2 and it allowed me to successfully calibrate the sensors.
Thank you for your help
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SleekApex Posted at 6-21 02:19
So I spent some time trying different resolutions with no success.
Eventually I gave up and changed it to the default resolution of 1680 * 1050 which is the default for this screen in windows 10.
I launched the DJI Assistant 2 and it allowed me to successfully calibrate the sensors.

It's good to know the issue was solved, nice try, hope you enjoy flying.
2020-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules