3137 11 2020-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why does the Recenter Gimbal action set the gimbal to -90 degrees, straight down? I would rather it set it to 0 degrees, straight ahead. I only recently started using the gimbal offset feature and did not like it pointing the gimbal straight down upon reset.

2020-6-21
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Press it again (momentarily after the first press) for 0 degrees. Agreed I wish it would reset to 0 degrees initially. But I do like and find it beneficial to be able to toggle quickly to 0 and -90 degrees.
2020-6-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When at -90 pressing the fn button again resets it to zero
2020-6-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks to both of you guys. That was driving me crazy. I was having some problems with it because I had the light set to one press and the gimbal set to two presses. However even when I pressed twice, most of the time the light changed setting. Setting it to one press for gimbal re-centering made it much easier and repeatable.  I could not find those details in the manual so I guess it just comes with trial and error?

Thanks again.
2020-6-21
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

It is in the manual, on page ten where the programmable button is discussed. Maybe the description could be clearer, but the behavior is by design and correctly documented.
2020-6-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 6-21 11:31
It is in the manual, on page ten where the programmable button is discussed. Maybe the description could be clearer, but the behavior is by design and correctly documented.

Ah yes, cleverly hidden in the product profile section on page 9. But not in the actual Remote Controller features section where it belongs. How convenient.

How on earth did DJI ever pass ISO 9001 qualification?

2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am happy to know that your previous query was answered. If you have other query or concern, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-6-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 6-21 11:17
Thanks to both of you guys. That was driving me crazy. I was having some problems with it because I had the light set to one press and the gimbal set to two presses. However even when I pressed twice, most of the time the light changed setting. Setting it to one press for gimbal re-centering made it much easier and repeatable.  I could not find those details in the manual so I guess it just comes with trial and error?

Thanks again.

You're welcome
2020-10-2
Use props
djiuser_p9IoKpFdyM3w
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6381 ft
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 2020-6-21 11:31
It is in the manual, on page ten where the programmable button is discussed. Maybe the description could be clearer, but the behavior is by design and correctly documented.

What the manual says is "Press once to recenter the gimbal or tilt the gimbal downward."  

However, if you've turned on "Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation" (which several YouTube videos recommend), the second press move the gimbal to its upper limit, i.e., +20°, rather than 0°.
2021-6-20
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

djiuser_p9IoKpFdyM3w Posted at 6-20 15:19
What the manual says is "Press once to recenter the gimbal or tilt the gimbal downward."  

However, if you've turned on "Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation" (which several YouTube videos recommend), the second press move the gimbal to its upper limit, i.e., +20°, rather than 0°.

My MA2 doesn't do this. First press is -90 and second press immediately after reaching -90 returns the gimbal back to 0 degrees even though "Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation" is enabled.
2021-6-20
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

How on earth did DJI ever pass ISO 9001 qualification?

They are based in....... Never mind.
2021-6-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Right...the first letter in ISO is for International ;-)
2021-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules