884 5 2020-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NightWolf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398560 ft
Italy

Hi everyone,

When applying the ND filter to the gimbal I noticed that I have to remove a gimbal frame which has no transparent plastic layer protection. As you can see it I can put my finger through it. Is it normal or is it broken?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S9zuiT1FsQ_4_xyZv8sHYw9rcqjml9XH/view?usp=drivesdk

2020-6-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

its normal

so mayby its better to have a ND filter on it for lens protection....(well, i did...)

cheers
JJB
2020-6-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I noticed that I have to remove a gimbal frame which has no transparent plastic layer protection.
What is between that frame and the lens?
Isn't there a clear window ?
2020-6-21
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

No...with the Fly More Combo you get three filters...the frame is just a space holder to cover the mounting holes until you put a filter on.  They probably should have included a UV filter for those that don't want to mess with filters but want to protect the camera lens from bug scratches and debris.
2020-6-21
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 6-21 17:38
No...with the Fly More Combo you get three filters...the frame is just a space holder to cover the mounting holes until you put a filter on.  They probably should have included a UV filter for those that don't want to mess with filters but want to protect the camera lens from bug scratches and debris.

I had the same question. I've been using the filters on occasion and I thought that maybe a clear lens protector had broken loose from the frame while taking on and off. Seems like there should be a clear lens protection when flying without a filter. Oh well. My Mavic Pro is the same way but no need to remove anything beforehand when installing filter. My Phantom 4 Pro has a screw off clear lens that protects the camera glass.
2020-6-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there NightWolf. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry about the lens frame if the DJI Mavic Air 2. The DJI Mavic Air 2 lens frame does not have a transparent glass attached to it. Again, thank you for sharing your insight with regards to this matter and thank you for your support.
2020-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules