Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sony A6300 & Sirui 50mm Anamorphic
2699 1 2020-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MoFoHo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all! Just in case anyone is considering this lens...
I just thought I'd post some images of the Ronin SC sucessfully balanced with my Sony A6300, and the new-ish Sirui 50mm/f1.8 Anamorphic lens.
I really wanted to keep the Sonys battery/SD card bay clear, to allow easy swapping out of batteries and SD cards. I had to position the A6300 as far back as possible, even removing that 'quick set and forget' clamp that fastens onto the base plate. It doesn't add too much when attaching a variable ND filter to the front of the lens, but a small conterweight would be required to achieve perfect balance. When in underslung mode, the built in lens hood will clash with the gimbal roll motor if you're not careful.
Just wondered if this is any use to anyone. Battery bay.jpg Sirui 5.jpg Sirui 3.jpg Sirui 2.jpg Sirui 1.jpg
2020-6-21
Use props
TeamBryGuy
lvl.1

Canada

Hey! Thanks so much for posting this. I have the same setup and I'm happy to see someone else does as well! Just wondering how the focus motor is with the Sirui lens. Any issues you've encountered so far?

I was hoping to get the raveneye as well, but I'm under the impression it won't work with the a6300. Wondering if I should just get the focus motor alone.
2020-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules