Huawei P8 Lite sound issue with Osmo Pocket
696 6 2020-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pubpourfab
lvl.2
France

Hi,
It's very confusing : my P8 Lite 2017 connected like a charm with my Osmo Pocket (Mimo app starts)...but, my videos has a very disturbing high pitched sound...
I tested the Omso Pocket with a Redmi Note 7, and the sound is ok...
Could you help me to solve this problem, please....?

2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there pubpourfab. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Osmo Pocket. Upon checking the mobile device ( Huawei P8 Lite ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Pocket and on the DJI Mimo  application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said gimbal and for the said application. There is a possibility that the Huawei P8 Lite will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and with the said gimbal we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while in use. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

2020-6-24
Use props
pubpourfabfree.fr
lvl.2
France

Thank's pour the reply Stephen.

...But i just don't understand why the list of compatible devices is so short (???!!).
Using the same Osmo Pocket with a friend's Redmi Note 7 (not in the "official list") is ok (no audio issue).

So, to buy an Osmo Pocket means to buy another phone? Very confusing (ans ecologically absurd) !
2020-6-24
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

pubpourfabfree.fr Posted at 6-24 03:12
Thank's pour the reply Stephen.

...But i just don't understand why the list of compatible devices is so short (???!!).

Hi.
Are you using the base port of the Osmo Pocket with your phone or the side port with an adapter or additional lead? I am not getting the sound issues you are describing. I would first suspect the lead if using one. If using a third party adapter for the side port, check the connecting pins for poor contact.
If you could upload a video showing the problem, that may be helpful.
2020-6-24
Use props
fabfabfab
lvl.2
France

Hi Ray!
Thank's for your attention... I finally change my phone to a Redmi Note 7(my wife is a adorable ;-) ) and everything works fine...so far.
2020-7-1
Use props
djiuser_q6cvp9qU2sjg
New

France

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 2020-6-24 05:06
Hi.
Are you using the base port of the Osmo Pocket with your phone or the side port with an adapter or additional lead? I am not getting the sound issues you are describing. I would first suspect the lead if using one. If using a third party adapter for the side port, check the connecting pins for poor contact.
If you could upload a video showing the problem, that may be helpful.

Hi Ray-CubeAce
The thread is quite old but I wondered if you could still help since it seems so rare to find someone using a huwaei p8 lite and an osmo pocket ! Can you confirm that you have been able to use the osmo pocket 2 without issue with this phone? Thanks!
2021-9-1
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

djiuser_q6cvp9qU2sjg Posted at 9-1 12:46
Hi Ray-CubeAce
The thread is quite old but I wondered if you could still help since it seems so rare to find someone using a huwaei p8 lite and an osmo pocket ! Can you confirm that you have been able to use the osmo pocket 2 without issue with this phone? Thanks!

Hi.
Sorry for the late reply.
Due to local conditions and event restrictions I've not been using the Osmo Pocket much the past year or more.
It is possible to use the the P8  lite under certain conditions.
You stick to using HD and not 4K. The phone can't handle 4K.
Use the base port of the Osmo pocket to connect to the phone. The side port is not reliable and keeps disconnecting.
As far as I can see for Android phones, the compatibility issues arise when the phone can't either record the same resolution or frame rate that the Osmo Pocket is set to or the phone cannot record video at a constant frame rate so doesn't see the codec in use in the Pocket.
However, once connected and following the restrictions above it has been stable in use. You do lose the ability to use an external mic at the same time.

Ray.
2021-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules