DJI's quality control seems amateurish!
427 3 2020-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

I bought a Mavic 2 Pro with Goggles RE about 1 1/2 years ago. The RC has just been sent back because it mysteriously stopped working with my Crystalsky this Spring. The goggles have been used 2 or 3 times for a few minutes each time and they no longer work properly - the main menu appears only once in a while now and the camera view blanks out periodically. I don't know much about the hardware side of electronic equipment, but I've beed heavily involved with the programming side of personal computers since the 70s. I can honestly say that I have never had more unreliable equipment than the DJI offerings that I've purchased. Almost everything seems to have some kind of a problem.

I'm told that solutions to my various problems might be to reinstall firmware, jiggle connectors, buy new cables and a variety of other voodoo fixes. Are you serious? In my over 40 years of computer experience I've never had as many headaches with unreliable electronic equipment as I've had with the DJI stuff. What kind of quality control is this? Folks, get your act together before a competent competitor comes along.
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello there, we appreciate your feedback and sorry for the unpleasant experience with our products, the electronic components of the aircraft are much more complex and delicate than the computers. We will keep improving our products‘ quality and firmness. It is also recommended customers to protect the device properly in the daily maintenance, appreciate your understanding.
2020-6-22
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Canada

My apologies for the heated comments… written at the height of my frustration in trying to get my equipment to function properly.

For some reason the SC, M2P and the Goggles RE are working in harmony today. Maybe EMI or RFI or some other interference could have been the cause of my problems yesterday. Or it could be the order in which I turned on the various pieces, or it could be just waiting for each piece to fully boot up and link to each other. For example, today I couldn’t see the camera view in the SC, but I could in the Goggles. I turned the SC off and on again and both worked properly. I have no idea what caused the problem other than one piece of equipment waiting for another to fully boot up before they could communicate.

May I say that I think DJI drone technology is a marvel of electronic ingenuity. I do realize the complications involved in designing and building such products, but I do wish there was a more informative and helpful user interface to identify problems, considering the sometimes chancy communications between the various pieces. Maybe if an error code could be displayed and checked against a trouble shooting list. Something. As it stands now, our only choice is outside help, or trial and error, or selling off everything and buying some expensive wine with the money.
2020-6-22
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Canada

Actually everything is not harmonious yet. The Video feed to the goggles drops quite often, but hitting the Back button seems to restore it. Once in a while the SC boots up with no video feed from the M2P. Rebooting the SC once or twice seems to restore the video. Might be a weak WiFi signal in my house. Who knows. I should also mention that when the video feed to the SC is blanked out, I can still snap images. Does anyone else have this problem?

A recent observation... When the video feed to the SC comes up blank, I brought down the "Quick Settings" menu and hit the Linking option, even though the M2P had already been linked. Then hit the Linking option again to stop the process. This seemed to fixed the video feed problem. I don't have a clue what I'm doing, I'm just pushing buttons to see if something works.

2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules