Flashing Front Lights
1126 6 2015-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elbicho
lvl.1

United States

I have a Phantom 2 w/Hero4 camera.

I am getting flashing red lights on the front at power up and the motors will not spin up.
The bird goes through the normal sequence of warm up and the compass calibrates.

This is all while the front lights are flashing red, then they go to a constant alternating
left, right flashing red.

I have done all the calibrations over and over and over.  Uninstalled and downloaded new
assistant software several times.  Changed the Main Controller to a new on and then back
again.

All of the things on the assistant look normal.

What will fix this so I can fly again?

Also how do I add a video to this post?

Help!

2015-6-17
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

Did something set it off to start doing this or you just powered up one flight to the next and it suddenly started the weird flashing?
2015-6-17
Use props
dodox
lvl.2

Philippines

Hi elbicho my P2V+ also encounters a front light blinking but it will start to blink 55secs after start-up at first all props were ok  then the right side props will slow down and the light start to blink this is the link I sent video to DJI for support since my unit is under warranty and they diagnosed that  something wrong with esc and advised me to send the to Hongkong. I didn't send my  drone. I  just manage to replaced the esc by myself and now it is ok.
2015-6-17
Use props
elbicho
lvl.1

United States

How do you know if there is a bad ESC and
how do you tell which one is bad?
2015-6-17
Use props
dodox
lvl.2

Philippines

elbicho@comcast Posted at 2015-6-18 13:17
How do you know if there is a bad ESC and
how do you tell which one is bad?

I really don't know the DJI technical and the store who provided me the spare ESC diagnosed  that most likely my ESC is defective but they are not 100%  since they only watch the video I sent to them,  maybe you can do same thing just take a footage of your drone and email it to DJI technical support.  
2015-6-17
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

I would say the one that is flashing is bad. You can definitely tell there was something wrong as there was a barking noise coming from that Phantom.
2015-6-18
Use props
elbicho
lvl.1

United States

Are we talking about the rear lights or the front lights?
They have different indications.
I asked DJI what the front & rear lights are suppose to indicate
and they did not tell me.
2015-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules