Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activation is Prohibited (Error Code 1112)
2217 15 2020-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InfamousScribbler
lvl.1

Canada

Hi there!

I am having issues with my new Mavic Air 2 drone, which, as the title says, is prohibited from activating with my account. I've tried to activate it yesterday before and after downloading and installing the firmware update that was waiting for me on the Fly app's dashboard, but nothing happened except getting the message ''Activation is prohibited - Please contact DJI support (1112)''. I've tried reaching out to DJI through the online chat, but no matter what time I try, the platform is always offline. I've sent an email, but I'm repeating it here in hopes that either of these ways to reach DJI support will be fast. I'm just hoping that something happens quickly, whatever it is. If it can be fixed remotely, that would be great. If not, well I'll see if I want to ''try my luck'' again or just get a refund and walk away. (Obviously I'm very upset, I was looking forward to using a drone for a few months now and I had finally managed to jump through all the hoops, and then it just... doesn't want to be activated...)

Serial Number: 3N3BH4F00201KB
Model: MA2UE3W

Please let me know if you need anything else to prove that this wasn't stolen during transport or whatever it is that actually happens when that issue arrises. I would be very unhappy if I paid $1600 CAD to experience the joys of postal service delays for the next few weeks/months...
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Hi there, please accept our sincere apologies for the troubles with the activation, we have detected an abnormal activation of your aircraft and unfortunately, it cannot be solved remotely. It is recommended to contact your reseller or DJI support www.dji.com/support for the replacement service, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2020-6-21
Use props
InfamousScribbler
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-21 19:01
Hi there, please accept our sincere apologies for the troubles with the activation, we have detected an abnormal activation of your aircraft and unfortunately, it cannot be solved remotely. It is recommended to contact your reseller or DJI support www.dji.com/support for the replacement service, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

No, I'm sorry but your "sincere apology" isn't enough. How can this even happen? What *is* this issue that so many new Mavic Air 2 users have to deal with? And why is it a common error at all? From what I've seen, DJI believes that the units may have been stolen during transport and have been locked down on DJI's end. Is that true? And if it is, then WHY can't DJI remove the lock if you get the proper proof that I've bought the unit and that I did indeed receive it?

Or is it because DJI has shipped units that didn't get tested before they went out and some of them just aren't good? Are you expecting people who gave you $1000+ to just test out which ones actually work?

Either of those scenarios aren't acceptable, and I can't believe that the official response to all of this is "Oops, better luck next time!" What guarantee do I have that the next one I get will work as intended and won't be locked down for some mysterious reason? I do not see the appeal of waiting another 2-3 weeks of shipping delays only to risk finding out that I got another bad unit, and if I don't have some guarantee or compensation for the trouble I'd have to go through again, I might just get a refund instead.
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

InfamousScribbler Posted at 6-21 20:57
No, I'm sorry but your "sincere apology" isn't enough. How can this even happen? What *is* this issue that so many new Mavic Air 2 users have to deal with? And why is it a common error at all? From what I've seen, DJI believes that the units may have been stolen during transport and have been locked down on DJI's end. Is that true? And if it is, then WHY can't DJI remove the lock if you get the proper proof that I've bought the unit and that I did indeed receive it?

Or is it because DJI has shipped units that didn't get tested before they went out and some of them just aren't good? Are you expecting people who gave you $1000+ to just test out which ones actually work?

No, this is not related to the stolen drone during the transportation and it is not a software issue either, it must be replaced no matter via the reseller or the DJI support. We understand how frustrated you are after long waiting for the drone, so sorry about this unpleasant experience with us. Currently, the only suggestion we can provide is swapping the drone, hope for your understanding.
2020-6-22
Use props
VipX1
lvl.1

Ireland

InfamousScribbler Posted at 6-21 20:57
No, I'm sorry but your "sincere apology" isn't enough. How can this even happen? What *is* this issue that so many new Mavic Air 2 users have to deal with? And why is it a common error at all? From what I've seen, DJI believes that the units may have been stolen during transport and have been locked down on DJI's end. Is that true? And if it is, then WHY can't DJI remove the lock if you get the proper proof that I've bought the unit and that I did indeed receive it?

Or is it because DJI has shipped units that didn't get tested before they went out and some of them just aren't good? Are you expecting people who gave you $1000+ to just test out which ones actually work?

Did you get a replacement drone yet? Does the replacement work?
I've got the very same issue but I'm afraid of sending the drone back incase it is lost in transit.
2020-7-7
Use props
Flycaster
Captain
United States

Something is off with this error code and such......
2020-7-7
Use props
MisterFrag
First Officer
Flight distance : 84928 ft
United States

It has to be costing DJI and their resellers a fortune, not to mention the frustration and wasted time experienced by their customers. I'm baffled that DJI hasn't resolved this issue yet.
2020-7-7
Use props
InfamousScribbler
lvl.1

Canada

VipX1 Posted at 7-7 10:57
Did you get a replacement drone yet? Does the replacement work?
I've got the very same issue but I'm afraid of sending the drone back incase it is lost in transit.

Hi! I did end up going back to Best Buy to exchange the faulty drone and I got a new one last week, which at least was able to be activated online. I'm hopeful that this one will work better, but I haven't had the chance to go out and test it out yet. I'll be back in touch if there's another issue!
2020-7-7
Use props
onemix_ng
New

Nigeria

Good day DJI I just but the DJI Air 2s drone and am having problems activating it. Am get this erro code say ( DEVICE ACTIVATION PROHIBITED. CONTACT DJI SUPPORT FOR ASSISTANCE 1112.). Pls how can I fix this and get my drone flying.

S/N 3YTBJ1X00301B
7-20 16:54
Use props
djiuser_fOhcWHS27R6f
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-6-21 19:01

Need help got a error code 1112 on my brand new mavic air 2
10-12 11:59
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

djiuser_fOhcWHS27R6f Posted at 10-12 11:59
Need help got a error code 1112 on my brand new mavic air 2

Hi there, could you please send me the serial number of your drone and tell me where you bought the drone from? We will help accordingly.
10-12 22:52
Use props
djiuser_jsGB2QAECJxT
New

Colombia

Tengo el mismo problema y siempre dicen lo mismo, a ellos no les afecta en nada, el usuario siempre tiene que lidiar con el problema
10-17 09:30
Use props
djiuser_jsGB2QAECJxT
New

Colombia

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-12 22:52
Hi there, could you please send me the serial number of your drone and tell me where you bought the drone from? We will help accordingly.

Hola sera que me puede colaborar, llevo mas de un mes intentando comunicarme y nada
10-17 09:31
Use props
djiuser_jsGB2QAECJxT
New

Colombia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-6-22 00:34
No, this is not related to the stolen drone during the transportation and it is not a software issue either, it must be replaced no matter via the reseller or the DJI support. We understand how frustrated you are after long waiting for the drone, so sorry about this unpleasant experience with us. Currently, the only suggestion we can provide is swapping the drone, hope for your understanding.

Hola sera que me puedes ayudar o a que parte lo envio por que he solucionado el problema
10-17 09:35
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

djiuser_jsGB2QAECJxT Posted at 10-17 09:35
Hola sera que me puedes ayudar o a que parte lo envio por que he solucionado el problema

Hi there, we managed to find out your ticket number via your forum account and notice that our support team has replied to your email regarding your inquiry. Could you please check that email?
10-20 01:16
Use props
djiuser_3q8uXUP21MYx
New
United Kingdom

Hi all, I recently bought my drone and the care package at the same time, my drone came 4 days before the care product and I activated and flew my drone. 4 days later my care package arrived, the following day, today, I tried to register and it said I can’t as I have already activated the drone , I had no idea as first time flyer. Can I sort this or have I just thrown money down the drain? Thanks in advance.
11-16 09:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules