Activation is Prohibited (Error Code 1112)
12Next >
17244 60 2020-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InfamousScribbler
lvl.1

Canada

Hi there!

I am having issues with my new Mavic Air 2 drone, which, as the title says, is prohibited from activating with my account. I've tried to activate it yesterday before and after downloading and installing the firmware update that was waiting for me on the Fly app's dashboard, but nothing happened except getting the message ''Activation is prohibited - Please contact DJI support (1112)''. I've tried reaching out to DJI through the online chat, but no matter what time I try, the platform is always offline. I've sent an email, but I'm repeating it here in hopes that either of these ways to reach DJI support will be fast. I'm just hoping that something happens quickly, whatever it is. If it can be fixed remotely, that would be great. If not, well I'll see if I want to ''try my luck'' again or just get a refund and walk away. (Obviously I'm very upset, I was looking forward to using a drone for a few months now and I had finally managed to jump through all the hoops, and then it just... doesn't want to be activated...)

Serial Number: 3N3BH4F00201KB
Model: MA2UE3W

Please let me know if you need anything else to prove that this wasn't stolen during transport or whatever it is that actually happens when that issue arrises. I would be very unhappy if I paid $1600 CAD to experience the joys of postal service delays for the next few weeks/months...
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, please accept our sincere apologies for the troubles with the activation, we have detected an abnormal activation of your aircraft and unfortunately, it cannot be solved remotely. It is recommended to contact your reseller or DJI support www.dji.com/support for the replacement service, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2020-6-21
Use props
InfamousScribbler
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-21 19:01
Hi there, please accept our sincere apologies for the troubles with the activation, we have detected an abnormal activation of your aircraft and unfortunately, it cannot be solved remotely. It is recommended to contact your reseller or DJI support www.dji.com/support for the replacement service, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

No, I'm sorry but your "sincere apology" isn't enough. How can this even happen? What *is* this issue that so many new Mavic Air 2 users have to deal with? And why is it a common error at all? From what I've seen, DJI believes that the units may have been stolen during transport and have been locked down on DJI's end. Is that true? And if it is, then WHY can't DJI remove the lock if you get the proper proof that I've bought the unit and that I did indeed receive it?

Or is it because DJI has shipped units that didn't get tested before they went out and some of them just aren't good? Are you expecting people who gave you $1000+ to just test out which ones actually work?

Either of those scenarios aren't acceptable, and I can't believe that the official response to all of this is "Oops, better luck next time!" What guarantee do I have that the next one I get will work as intended and won't be locked down for some mysterious reason? I do not see the appeal of waiting another 2-3 weeks of shipping delays only to risk finding out that I got another bad unit, and if I don't have some guarantee or compensation for the trouble I'd have to go through again, I might just get a refund instead.
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

InfamousScribbler Posted at 6-21 20:57
No, I'm sorry but your "sincere apology" isn't enough. How can this even happen? What *is* this issue that so many new Mavic Air 2 users have to deal with? And why is it a common error at all? From what I've seen, DJI believes that the units may have been stolen during transport and have been locked down on DJI's end. Is that true? And if it is, then WHY can't DJI remove the lock if you get the proper proof that I've bought the unit and that I did indeed receive it?

Or is it because DJI has shipped units that didn't get tested before they went out and some of them just aren't good? Are you expecting people who gave you $1000+ to just test out which ones actually work?

No, this is not related to the stolen drone during the transportation and it is not a software issue either, it must be replaced no matter via the reseller or the DJI support. We understand how frustrated you are after long waiting for the drone, so sorry about this unpleasant experience with us. Currently, the only suggestion we can provide is swapping the drone, hope for your understanding.
2020-6-22
Use props
VipX1
New

Ireland

InfamousScribbler Posted at 6-21 20:57
No, I'm sorry but your "sincere apology" isn't enough. How can this even happen? What *is* this issue that so many new Mavic Air 2 users have to deal with? And why is it a common error at all? From what I've seen, DJI believes that the units may have been stolen during transport and have been locked down on DJI's end. Is that true? And if it is, then WHY can't DJI remove the lock if you get the proper proof that I've bought the unit and that I did indeed receive it?

Or is it because DJI has shipped units that didn't get tested before they went out and some of them just aren't good? Are you expecting people who gave you $1000+ to just test out which ones actually work?

Did you get a replacement drone yet? Does the replacement work?
I've got the very same issue but I'm afraid of sending the drone back incase it is lost in transit.
2020-7-7
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Something is off with this error code and such......
2020-7-7
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

It has to be costing DJI and their resellers a fortune, not to mention the frustration and wasted time experienced by their customers. I'm baffled that DJI hasn't resolved this issue yet.
2020-7-7
Use props
InfamousScribbler
lvl.1

Canada

VipX1 Posted at 7-7 10:57
Did you get a replacement drone yet? Does the replacement work?
I've got the very same issue but I'm afraid of sending the drone back incase it is lost in transit.

Hi! I did end up going back to Best Buy to exchange the faulty drone and I got a new one last week, which at least was able to be activated online. I'm hopeful that this one will work better, but I haven't had the chance to go out and test it out yet. I'll be back in touch if there's another issue!
2020-7-7
Use props
onemix_ng
New

Nigeria

Good day DJI I just but the DJI Air 2s drone and am having problems activating it. Am get this erro code say ( DEVICE ACTIVATION PROHIBITED. CONTACT DJI SUPPORT FOR ASSISTANCE 1112.). Pls how can I fix this and get my drone flying.

S/N 3YTBJ1X00301B
2021-7-20
Use props
djiuser_fOhcWHS27R6f
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-6-21 19:01

Need help got a error code 1112 on my brand new mavic air 2
2021-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_fOhcWHS27R6f Posted at 10-12 11:59
Need help got a error code 1112 on my brand new mavic air 2

Hi there, could you please send me the serial number of your drone and tell me where you bought the drone from? We will help accordingly.
2021-10-12
Use props
djiuser_jsGB2QAECJxT
New

Colombia

Tengo el mismo problema y siempre dicen lo mismo, a ellos no les afecta en nada, el usuario siempre tiene que lidiar con el problema
2021-10-17
Use props
djiuser_jsGB2QAECJxT
New

Colombia

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-12 22:52
Hi there, could you please send me the serial number of your drone and tell me where you bought the drone from? We will help accordingly.

Hola sera que me puede colaborar, llevo mas de un mes intentando comunicarme y nada
2021-10-17
Use props
djiuser_jsGB2QAECJxT
New

Colombia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-6-22 00:34
No, this is not related to the stolen drone during the transportation and it is not a software issue either, it must be replaced no matter via the reseller or the DJI support. We understand how frustrated you are after long waiting for the drone, so sorry about this unpleasant experience with us. Currently, the only suggestion we can provide is swapping the drone, hope for your understanding.

Hola sera que me puedes ayudar o a que parte lo envio por que he solucionado el problema
2021-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_jsGB2QAECJxT Posted at 10-17 09:35
Hola sera que me puedes ayudar o a que parte lo envio por que he solucionado el problema

Hi there, we managed to find out your ticket number via your forum account and notice that our support team has replied to your email regarding your inquiry. Could you please check that email?
2021-10-20
Use props
djiuser_3q8uXUP21MYx
New
United Kingdom

Hi all, I recently bought my drone and the care package at the same time, my drone came 4 days before the care product and I activated and flew my drone. 4 days later my care package arrived, the following day, today, I tried to register and it said I can’t as I have already activated the drone , I had no idea as first time flyer. Can I sort this or have I just thrown money down the drain? Thanks in advance.
2021-11-16
Use props
djiuser_p7ve2tGTdBkt
New

Netherlands

djiuser_3q8uXUP21MYx Posted at 2021-11-16 09:59
Hi all, I recently bought my drone and the care package at the same time, my drone came 4 days before the care product and I activated and flew my drone. 4 days later my care package arrived, the following day, today, I tried to register and it said I can’t as I have already activated the drone , I had no idea as first time flyer. Can I sort this or have I just thrown money down the drain? Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem with activation. Why can this not be fixed remotely? It seems DJI locks the drone for some reason?
2022-2-3
Use props
djiuser_8sALEqDI0LrA
lvl.1

Turkey

Hi there,
My brother presented me a DJI mini 2. I can not activate it and received error 1112 code
Model: MT2PD
Serial: 3Q4CJBS3A3GNJR
2022-8-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_8sALEqDI0LrA Posted at 8-27 23:31
Hi there,
My brother presented me a DJI mini 2. I can not activate it and received error 1112 code
Model: MT2PD

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. This situation may be caused by the server error. You may try to change other internet or hotspot and try again to see if it works. Thank you.

2022-8-29
Use props
djiuser_8sALEqDI0LrA
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI Thor Posted at 8-29 02:11
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. This situation may be caused by the server error. You may try to change other internet or hotspot and try again to see if it works. Thank you.

He lives in Australia and used it before in there, but I live in Turkey ? Does it couse this error?
2022-8-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_8sALEqDI0LrA Posted at 8-29 12:12
He lives in Australia and used it before in there, but I live in Turkey ? Does it couse this error?

It may be the reason contributing to that. May we know if it works after trying the steps above?
2022-8-31
Use props
djiuser_8sALEqDI0LrA
lvl.1

Turkey

I tried couple of times but it didn’t work
2022-9-1
Use props
romanmaer
New
Israel

I have same activation issue with my DJI mini se. I have contacted the support twice. They have asked to send them all the invoices and wavebills, the support representative has promised me to take care of my case in 2 business days... I am waiting for 3 weeks already, nothing is happening... I am really frustrated. My confidence in DJI is lost...  DJI serial number SN 4CQCK1M0034GHW
2022-9-4
Use props
djiuser_8sALEqDI0LrA
lvl.1

Turkey

romanmaer@gmail Posted at 9-4 22:21
I have same activation issue with my DJI mini se. I have contacted the support twice. They have asked to send them all the invoices and wavebills, the support representative has promised me to take care of my case in 2 business days... I am waiting for 3 weeks already, nothing is happening... I am really frustrated. My confidence in DJI is lost...  DJI serial number SN 4CQCK1M0034GHW

I lost my confidence  too
2022-9-6
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

djiuser_8sALEqDI0LrA Posted at 9-6 12:00
I lost my confidence  too

Then go ahead and go buy a different brand.
2022-9-7
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I disagree. If a customer has all their paper work, receipts, waybills, etc. showing their purchase was legit, someone should be providing some customer service here. And not take 3 weeks about it either. There is a responsibility to show proper purchase or merchandise could have been stolen etc. So merchant is entitled so some measure of protection, but once proper purchase has been demonstrated, take action and fix the issue.
2022-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

romanmaer@gmail Posted at 9-4 22:21

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. We are able to locate your ticket number via your forum account. Please note that our team has contacted you and replied to your email. Could you please provide us with the required information via email? Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_8sALEqDI0LrA Posted at 9-1 12:05
I tried couple of times but it didn’t work

Sorry for the late reply. May we know if your issue has been addressed? If not, please provide us with your proof of purchase for our further checks. Thank you.
2022-9-8
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2922815 ft
Portugal

I’ve just received a replacement drone (DJI Mini 3 Pro) where I was told it was “new” since the one I initially bought was also new but had a factory defect.
Today the replacement drone arrived (without the invoice) and a mark on the camera’s side, and I also have this message, what’s the fix? I hope I don’t have to repeat this whole send it back process again since it took nearly a month… I was looking forward to fly it today.
2022-9-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Billy.RKV Posted at 9-8 10:57
I’ve just received a replacement drone (DJI Mini 3 Pro) where I was told it was “new” since the one I initially bought was also new but had a factory defect.
Today the replacement drone arrived (without the invoice) and a mark on the camera’s side, and I also have this message, what’s the fix? I hope I don’t have to repeat this whole send it back process again since it took nearly a month… I was looking forward to fly it today.

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please provide us with the SN of your drone for our further check? Besides, please tell us your case number. Please rest assured. We will try our best to help you out.
2022-9-8
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2922815 ft
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 9-8 17:41
Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please provide us with the SN of your drone for our further check? Besides, please tell us your case number. Please rest assured. We will try our best to help you out.

It is already being dealt with, but thank you!
2022-9-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Billy.RKV Posted at 9-9 14:10
It is already being dealt with, but thank you!

Thank you for your update. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-9-13
Use props
AIV Bankers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1868471 ft
Albania

Hello, one of my friedns have bought an MAVIC 3 Cine but won't activate it keep showing the error (1112).
How we can solve this issue?
The drone is bought through Ebay.

Thank you!
2022-10-25
Use props
lpaul
New

Romania

Hello, i have the same issue. Just bought the DJI Avata and i am unable to activate it (1112 code error)
SN: 1581F4QWD227N0031QX7

Can you help me out?
2022-11-22
Use props
Abe1991
lvl.1
United States

Can you please help me im desperate at this point.

Serial # 1581f 4qwb2 2a400 30466
Screenshot_20221208_142642.jpg
2022-12-8
Use props
Wojtas_30
lvl.1
Flight distance : 498366 ft
Germany

Hello, I recently bought a new sealed MAVIC 3 Cine premium combo + DJI RC Pro on Ebay, I can't activate it on my account, it still shows error (1112). SN 1581F4QZB21CC1BE03DJ Please help in solving this problem.
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

lpaul Posted at 11-22 07:29
Hello, i have the same issue. Just bought the DJI Avata and i am unable to activate it (1112 code error)
SN: 1581F4QWD227N0031QX7

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We have replied to you in PM. Please check.
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Abe1991 Posted at 12-8 12:02
Can you please help me im desperate at this point.

Serial # 1581f 4qwb2 2a400 30466

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We have replied to you in PM. Please check.
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Wojtas_30 Posted at 12-11 13:11
Hello, I recently bought a new sealed MAVIC 3 Cine premium combo + DJI RC Pro on Ebay, I can't activate it on my account, it still shows error (1112). SN 1581F4QZB21CC1BE03DJ Please help in solving this problem.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Do you still need help?
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

AIV Bankers Posted at 10-25 08:56
Hello, one of my friedns have bought an MAVIC 3 Cine but won't activate it keep showing the error (1112).
How we can solve this issue?
The drone is bought through Ebay.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if you still need help? If so, would you please send us your SN?
2022-12-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules