Mavic Mini: new flight modes are coming soon.
9106 22 2020-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Junior - Brazil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

With the release date set by DJI for the release of the SDKs, it is a matter of time (probably for the unofficial apps) new flight modes will emerge.

According to the DJI platform reserved for developers, the release date for the Mobile SDK for the Mavic Mini is already set: July 13th.
The SDK (Software Development Kit) allows any person or company that develops applications to create and deploy new features, such as Active Track, Waypoint, Panorama, Follow me, among others, that do not exist today in the official DJI Fly * application that does not have plans (yet) to launch them.
Many people expect the new features for Mavic Mini in the official app, but if it takes too long, it is likely that you will be able to do it on Litchi that already runs Follow me, Waypoint, Panorama, Active track, FPV, etc.
For being relatively inexpensive and having good autonomy for example, this small drone could even be used in professional applications like Pix4D for photogrammetry or DroneDeploy, used in mapping and inspections.

Now we have to wait for the next few months.

(*) it is good to remember that the use of third party applications invalidates the DJI guarantee.

2020-6-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

This is not official, release of the SDK does not mean these new features you mention will become available.
The features you speak of are not simply code that can be written by other developers, in some cases the hardware to support the features is not present in the aircraft. This is BS rumour mongering and falsely raises the hopes of people.

2020-6-21
Use props
Mavic.ca
lvl.4
Canada

Geebax Posted at 6-21 19:34
This is not official, release of the SDK does not mean these new features you mention will become available.
The features you speak of are not simply code that can be written by other developers, in some cases the hardware to support the features is not present in the aircraft. This is BS rumour mongering and falsely raises the hopes of people.

I disagree, all of these features (Active Track, Waypoint, Panorama, Follow me) CAN be implemented via software on the device side and just send control commands to the  drone.  This is how Litchi implements its tracking.  This is from Litchi's user guide:

Warning Because Litchi decodes the video, runs the algorithms to track the object and renders the video, all of this in real-time, a high performance mobile device is required. Be sure to close all background applications and screen recorders before using Track. Video lag will kill tracking.

These CAN be implemented via software whether and when they do is another question.
2020-6-21
Use props
Junior - Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Font: https://www.quadricottero.com/20 ... ni-follow-me-e.html

We know of the limitations of the Mavic Mini, to achieve less weight it was necessary to remove some components, among them the cooler, which limits processing...  however, developers can test new ways, as we see in Ryze Tello, the official app and the Tello FPV app, which even has an interesting Return to Home or the TelloMe with a follow me function.
Lets waiting...

2020-6-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

(*) it is good to remember that the use of third party applications invalidates the DJI guarantee.

The use of third party applications does not invalidate the DJI guarantee.
DJI won't grant a warranty replacement if the use of third party applications can be shown to have caused the incident.
If you cannot find the lost drone DJI won't accept 3rd party flight data.
But if you can find the drone and the recorded flight data indicates the incident was a DJI issue, DJI will honour their warranty regardless of the software used.

2020-6-21
Use props
Junior - Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Labroides Posted at 6-21 20:25

The use of third party applications does not invalidate the DJI guarantee.

Very interesting. I never thought about it that way.

Thank you
2020-6-21
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is good news. The private sector is usually the best and fastest way to make change without major government or corporate investment.
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing your informative insights regarding this matter. Just a friendly reminder to please use the DJI Fly application to ensure stability and safety of the said drone during flight. Thank you and safe flying.
2020-6-24
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-24 23:43
Hi. Thank you for sharing your informative insights regarding this matter. Just a friendly reminder to please use the DJI Fly application to ensure stability and safety of the said drone during flight. Thank you and safe flying.

Dji Paladin, what what do you say about date July 13th ?
2020-6-25
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I think it's unlikely that I'd spend so much on Litchi unless they come up with an app specifically targeted and priced for Mini owners. I believe Litchi is a greatly overpriced app regardless, but not having any competitor has allowed them to ask whatever they wanted, from professional user standpoint it is still a bearable price.

Anyway... adding more features to the Mini I believe could a be a wise thing as the next smaller drone in DJI's lineup is the Mavic Air 2 at 570 grams which is more of a Mini Mavic 2 Pro than an upscale Mini.
2020-6-25
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

The first thing to get "fixed" by others, is the uncommanded decent and keeping it out of the water...
2020-6-25
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Flycaster Posted at 6-25 08:03
The first thing to get "fixed" by others, is the uncommanded decent and keeping it out of the water...

That's not possible with the SDK, only with firmware which DJI has claimed to have fixed this in 1.05 although public testing has found they never removed the code and people are still experiencing it though not as frequently as before. The biggest thing is people need to be on 1.05, to many reports of drones UD from outdated firmware. The few who have been on 1.05 I think some would like to call "Edge" cases but the jury is out on that honestly...

The SDK gives developers access to controlling the drone through an APP, so someone like Litchi would write a new Quick shot. Another evil developer could write an APP that has subject detection and tracking that would tell the drone to move xyz, but any and all of that depends on what DJI has written support for. IF they only allow control via quickshots a lot of peoples dreams for AT will be dashed, I'm hoping for at least yaw control so they can add Spotlight mode.  
2020-6-25
Use props
Maximalo
New

Germany

We bought the DJI Mavic Mini this weekend and we love it! Super cool and it's a lot of fun!

What is really missing is such a Follow-Me mode, such a blatant extra charge (almost twice as much) was not worth it for us, but could it really come in a "slimmed-down" form?

Can you expect an official response from DJI here? I mean, if the SDK is now open and other apps offer competition here: Then DJI has to follow suit itself?
2020-8-9
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Maximalo Posted at 8-9 08:44
We bought the DJI Mavic Mini this weekend and we love it! Super cool and it's a lot of fun!

What is really missing is such a Follow-Me mode, such a blatant extra charge (almost twice as much) was not worth it for us, but could it really come in a "slimmed-down" form?

Sorry to tell you this but don't count on dji for a follow me mode, but in the Litchi app there will be follow me mode but be patient.
The beta litchi version for mavic mini
you just have to wait for the final version ;)
https://youtu.be/FOQKhw5Nd9o
2020-8-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maximalo Posted at 8-9 08:44

Can you expect an official response from DJI here? I mean, if the SDK is now open and other apps offer competition here: Then DJI has to follow suit itself?
1.  No
2.  No
2020-8-9
Use props
Xtianu
lvl.1

United States

I believe that the best improvement on the Mavic Mini would be the shooting in RAW.
2020-8-24
Use props
Junior - Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Xtianu Posted at 8-24 21:05
I believe that the best improvement on the Mavic Mini would be the shooting in RAW.

I think it is impossible, unfortunately, because it doesn't have the memory and hardware to do so.

Sorry

2020-8-25
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

According the chipset and the camera module which mini uses ,It's possible if they offer some kind of caching ram to store the content meanwhile the micros stores, of course, the microsd will store this on a slower speed ,,, it can be adviced by them if you are a RAW fanatic, just wait a little bit for the Raw storing ...
2020-8-25
Use props
Junior - Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 8-25 10:43
According the chipset and the camera module which mini uses ,It's possible if they offer some kind of caching ram to store the content meanwhile the micros stores, of course, the microsd will store this on a slower speed ,,, it can be adviced by them if you are a RAW fanatic, just wait a little bit for the Raw storing ...

Honestly, I didn't know about that possibility. Well, let's wait.
Thank you for this return.

2020-8-25
Use props
sws2810
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418714 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-21 19:34

Have you not seen Litchi UPDATE 2.9.0 for November 2020?  Several fly modes available with WAYPOINTS to come! Litchi apparently had all the hardware they needed to work these miracles... Y E A ! ! !
2020-11-28
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

sws2810 Posted at 11-28 13:29
Have you not seen Litchi UPDATE 2.9.0 for November 2020?  Several fly modes available with WAYPOINTS to come! Litchi apparently had all the hardware they needed to work these miracles... Y E A ! ! !

Quote a guy from 4 months ago...

Way points are only possible via Virtual Stick.
2020-11-28
Use props
sws2810
lvl.2
United States

Does anyone know for sure ifthe Mavic Mini 2 is capable of doing Litchi ATONOMOUS (NOT Virtue Stick!!)  NOT like the Mini 2. How bout the Mavic Air 2??? Is it capable??
2021-3-3
Use props
sws2810
lvl.2
United States

Does anyone know for sure if the Mavic Mini 2 is capable of doing Litchi AUTONOMOUS (NOT Virtue Stick!!) Missions?? NOT like the Mini 1, which , according to Litchi, will only eventually be able to do Litch Missions via Virtual Stick.. How bout the Mavic Air 2 ???  Is it capable??
2021-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules