"Mobile GPS signal too weak, its location cannot be acquired"
455 5 2020-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnPF
lvl.1
United States

I have seen many threads on here about the RTH feature not working when trying to update location to the RC. This is the case for me. I have seen many 'solutions' that are "the development team is aware and is releasing a new firmware update in the next update." problem is, these solutions were posted over a year ago, and i have a brand new DJI Mavberick 2 Zoom that has updated firmware all around. im running the lastest virsion of the app, and my phones software is up to date too. (im running iOS).

For reference, here are all the software and firmware virsions for everything I can think of.

iOS - 13.5.1 (on an iPhone X)
DJI Go 4 - 4.3.37
Aircraft & RC - 01.00.0510
Percise fly safe Database (Aircraft & App) 01.00.01.18
Basic Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.09

The most recent flight I did as a test, took off, walked about 200ft away and tried to update home location to the RC and it gave me the all to famous "Mobile GPS signal too weak, its location cannot be acquired" notification. i did this while it said I had 20 satilites connected to me.

One thing I did try, is I plugged in an android phone and everything seemed to work fine, so it's not likely the problem is the aircraft or RC firmware or the App version. I also tried a couple other iOS devices, each gave the same issue as my own... "Mobile GPS signal too weak..."

This is obviously a very important feature to work when flying from a moving vehicle or even more importantly, a boat.

I really want this fixed, and will provide any details needed to help resolve this very important issue.
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi JohnPF, thanks for your feedback, Android and iOS have different requirements for the GPS accuracy of the device. iOS has a higher requirement of GPS, therefore, it is relatively more difficult to update the Home Point.
When it happens, please move your position, iOS mobile device needs at least 50m away from the previously recorded home point. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2020-6-22
Use props
JohnPF
lvl.1
United States

Can you explain remove your position? As in remove current home point then set a new one? Please explain how this can be done?

Thanks in advance!
2020-6-22
Use props
JohnPF
lvl.1
United States

Update. I took off and then walked 60m to my desired new home point. When I got there I tried to set RTH location to the RC. No luck. I went flying 1000m away from my location and tried to set the new home point the entire flight with no luck. Finally flew it back manually and landed it.

I couldn’t find a way to remove my current home point to try that out. I’d be okay with that as a work around... if it works.
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JohnPF Posted at 6-22 06:51
Update. I took off and then walked 60m to my desired new home point. When I got there I tried to set RTH location to the RC. No luck. I went flying 1000m away from my location and tried to set the new home point the entire flight with no luck. Finally flew it back manually and landed it.

I couldn’t find a way to remove my current home point to try that out. I’d be okay with that as a work around... if it works.

Sorry, by 'remove' I mean move, it is recommended to update the new Home Point at least 50m away from the previous Home Point. If there is no luck with iOS device, please use an Android phone in this situation and fly the drone in an open area.
2020-6-23
Use props
JohnPF
lvl.1
United States

I have tried this, and again, no luck.

The solution surely can’t be get a new phone. I was only testing it with a friends phone. Is there an update with will come out? More trouble shooting steps we can take? Information I can send to help with figuring out why this is behaving this way and get a fix? It’s a fairly basic feature but it’s likely it’s the most important one. If I can’t update the home location to the RC, the RTH feature is worthless for me since most of my flying/filming will take place from a moving vehicle.
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules