Huawei Y6p DJI Fly App
7524 21 2020-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Haemmer
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,
had to change cellphone and do have a Huawei Y6p not, how can I get the DJI Fly app to go?
Dont work, I do be come an error ther the Code is not coplatible.
Any idea?

2020-6-22
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Does your phone use 32 or 64 bit android? The app only runs on 64 bit OS
2020-6-22
Use props
Haemmer
lvl.1
Germany

the Phone came out May 2020. it is Android 10. 64 Bit are the all since 6 or so.
Support said, sorry you bought a wrong phone, buy another one..
the are :-(

here the details on the phone
https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_y6p-10222.php
2020-6-22
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Haemmer Posted at 6-22 03:40
the Phone came out May 2020. it is Android 10. 64 Bit are the all since 6 or so.
Support said, sorry you bought a wrong phone, buy another one..
the are :-(

It looks like your phone is one of the ones after the google services ban (although I believe some cheaper devices are still 32 bit)?

Have you tried to sideload the APK? - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/
2020-6-22
Use props
Haemmer
lvl.1
Germany

I hbae DL the Software from the DJI Site via Opra got the error: That the Code is no CPU_ABI conform witht he device.. Dont know what that means
2020-6-22
Use props
Haemmer
lvl.1
Germany

getting the same error :-(
2020-6-22
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Be aware that GSMArena specs report the chipset capability, 64bit it is but it also must be running a 64bit version of Android, and this is not a spec usually found, not on GSMArena nor on the maker's website.
2020-6-22
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Only other thing I can think of is to try installing it from the Huawei AppGallery, the latest version shows up when I search for it there (I have a Huawei Mate 20 pro)
2020-6-22
Use props
Haemmer
lvl.1
Germany

Don't see the fyl app in there on DJI go4, DJI Pilot
2020-6-22
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It must be a device-specific issue then as its there when I search.

I still suspect a 32 vs 64 bit issue (especially as dji go 4 is showing up as that is 32 bit). You could install an app to check your system set up like - https://www.howtogeek.com/253461 ... -or-64-bit-android/
2020-6-22
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

you may be able to install a custom ROM, this would probably void warranty etc but may fix the issue (and give you google play services back)

Have a look here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-y6/development
2020-6-22
Use props
Haemmer
lvl.1
Germany

Don't know if if the issue is google play but rather the dji Fly Code that has an issue with too new hardware :-(
2020-6-22
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It's unlikely to be the hardware, much more likely to be the version of Android Huawei have chosen to use for that phone.
edit - check this thread out - https://forum.dji.com/thread-202136-1-1.html
2020-6-22
Use props
Haemmer
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks, think I found the issue No ARM CPU :-(
Chipset         Mediatek MT6762R Helio P22 (12 nm)
CPU         Octa-core (4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
2020-6-23
Use props
Haemmer
lvl.1
Germany

no the Benchmak showed 32 Bit System :-(
2020-6-23
Use props
Haemmer
lvl.1
Germany

the CPU can do 64bit but the new Huawai Android 10 ony is 32 bit :-(
2020-6-23
Use props
Haemmer
lvl.1
Germany

does it run on Snapdragon CPUs?
2020-6-23
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

it's a performance choice, higher spec Huawei phones with Android 10 will use 64 bit, lower spec will use 32.

There's not much chance of a 32 bit android fly app so your options are limited I'm afraid. Google mandated 64 bit compatibility so alot of developers only produce that version to save cost.
2020-6-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Haemmer. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After check this mobile device ( Huawei Y6p )  that you are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for said drone and for the said DJI application. The DJI Fly application was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment are shown below:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.
3. Supporting ArmV8 64-bit architectures (64-bit processor).
If the said mobile device ( Huawei Y6p ) is not working, there might be a compatibility issue, it is recommended to use the phone in the recommended list for a better experience. In addition I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

2020-6-24
Use props
Haemmer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-24 20:01
Hello there Haemmer. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After check this mobile device ( Huawei Y6p )  that you are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for said drone and for the said DJI application. The DJI Fly application was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment are shown below:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.

jap realized that the phone  is too new for the app :-(
2020-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Haemmer Posted at 6-24 22:38
jap realized that the phone  is too new for the app :-(

Hi there Haemmer. Thank you for the reply. Rest assured that support for additional devices available as testing and development continues for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application. Again, thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-6-25
Use props
Haemmer
lvl.1
United States

will have to sel the phone and buy an old one.. ;-)
2020-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules