No video signal
1404 1 2014-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mactoddy
New

United States

Hello all,
I'm a brand new owner with a whopping zero flights under my belt.  Just got the Phantom 2 yesterday.  It's test flight was great.  I brought it home, set up my case and charge the battery.  My first attempt resulted in no video signal being sent to my reciever.  I have the GoPro version and the 8 inch added video screen.  Is there anything special I have to do to have it transmit the video signal to the sereen on start up? Yes, before you ask, the GoPro is turned on.   I just wanted to start by getting a look at what the gopro will see but I can't get a signal.  Since it worked yesterday, I'm thinking I am missing something really obvious.  

Thoughts?
2014-11-19
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Ok, sounds like you have a Phantom 2 with zenmuse H3-3D gimbal, correct?  And you bought a 8 inch added video screen, correct?  

Well uhhh, basically here's the short answer: that model of the Phantom does NOT have a built-in video transmitter.  

You'll need to add one.  It should NOT be in the 2.4GHz range because the remote control for the Phantom 2 operates in that range and it would interfere with your flight controls!  Check and see what frequency your 8 inch video screen receives so you don't have to buy a completely different one.  There are plenty of FPV kits on the dealer sites, Amazon, eBay, etc. so you'll have to do a little research to figure out exactly what you want.
2014-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules