Mavic 2 Pro: C1 'Center Auto Focus' Button no longer confirms?
1079 1 2020-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thefalloftroy
lvl.1
Canada

Hi everyone, quick question - I've had a Mavic 2 Pro for about two years. When I first bought and configured it, I assigned my C1 button (on the underside of the controller) to "Center Auto Focus" and until recently this worked as expected - when I would press the C1 button, a green square would appear around my center point and it would emit a beep to indicate the focus had been set. However, recently, this seems to have stopped functioning this way - now when I press my C1 button, nothing seems to happen. At least, there is no visual or audible confirmation anymore. I checked my settings and C1 is still set to "Center Auto Focus" and I also have not performed any firmware updates (at least that I know of, unless it updated itself automatically) that could have caused a change in settings or behaviour. When I press this button is it still achieving Center Auto Focus even though I can't see or hear any confirmation?

I guess I actually have two questions:

1. Has anyone else experienced this and do you know how to fix it? To be honest, I very much liked having this feature since it always made me confident that my aerial shots would be in proper focus (to be fair, I've never really had an issue with any of my aerial shots not being in focus, but maybe this was also because I used to use this feature before most shots). If possible, I would love to be able to get this feature back, even if only for peace of mind when shooting. Or, can anyone confirm that even though I see/hear no AF confirmation that the drone is still achieving Center Auto Focus when I press my C1 button? I can't really tell from the small view on my monitor, but I'll know if shots are out of focus once I see them on my computer and I'd like to avoid that.

2. If for some reason this feature no longer functions this way, does anyone have any recommendations moving forward with regard to focus? Should I "Enable AFC Mode" instead, or does this cause more issues? Does AFC Mode drain the battery faster? If it matters, I primarily use my drone for aerial photography instead of videography (I do shoot video from time to time, but I've never had any issues with focus when shooting video).

Thank you very much in advance for any assistance/advice anyone can offer!
2020-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you know that you can use the shutter button to focus with a half press.
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules