8762 13 2020-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Hey guys,
I'm in vacation and shot some videos on the drone's internal memory. Is there a way to retrieve the footage without a computer? A restarurant owner saw me flying and kindly asked me to get some aerial shots of his place and I promised to give'im the footage tomorrow. However, I'm not leaving for home for another 8 days. What I tried so far:
- connecting the drone to my iPad Pro (USB-C to Lightning cable). The drone did not get mounted as an SD/external drive does, I can't see it in Files
- downloading the videos via the Fly app, it says files higher than 1080p can't be downloaded to the phone

Is there another way I'm missing? Or maybe a way to have the drone move those files over to the SD card? I have a card reader for the iPad so that would help.

Thanks.
2020-6-22
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

The owner I would think has a computer.......cable up, and download to his computer.

Randy
2020-6-22
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

rwynant V1 Posted at 6-22 11:10
The owner I would think has a computer.......cable up, and download to his computer.

Randy

Computer yes, USB-C to USB cable not so much
2020-6-22
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 6-22 11:19
Computer yes, USB-C to USB cable not so much

That didn't come with your drone?  I thought I saw that adapter cable came with it.........

Randy
2020-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You cannot download to iPad, a bit ridiculous I know considering it’s recognized as a hard drive on a lap top or PC. So unless you have a laptop or pc all you can do is forward on later. It’s all still a bit archaic.
2020-6-22
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

rwynant V1 Posted at 6-22 11:29
That didn't come with your drone?  I thought I saw that adapter cable came with it.........

Randy

Good call, I totally forgot about the RC’s charging cable, thanks mate, that should do it!

As a side note, I was sure the iPad would recognize it as an external drive, not sure why it didn’t
2020-6-22
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 6-22 11:47
You cannot download to iPad, a bit ridiculous I know considering it’s recognized as a hard drive on a lap top or PC. So unless you have a laptop or pc all you can do is forward on later. It’s all still a bit archaic.

Yeah, I was so sure it would work with the iPad... also, not sure why the Fly app won’t allow me to download it as a file.... anyway...
2020-6-22
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Ice_2k Posted at 6-22 12:11
Yeah, I was so sure it would work with the iPad... also, not sure why the Fly app won’t allow me to download it as a file.... anyway...

This is strange. You say that DJI Fly does not support dwonloading files recorded with resolution higher than 1080p.I am able to download 4k files directly from MA2 to my mobile (Android) with no issues.
The only thing which DJI Fly does not support downloading is videos encoded with H.265 codec.

I do it via Play option in Camera View (AC and RC must be connected).

I did not try downloading from internal memory but why would this be any different than downloading from SD?

Mirek

2020-6-22
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Mirek L Posted at 6-22 12:46
This is strange. You say that DJI Fly does not support dwonloading files recorded with resolution higher than 1080p.I am able to download 4k files directly from MA2 to my mobile (Android) with no issues.
The only thing which DJI Fly does not support downloading is videos encoded with H.265 codec.

Yeah, it must be the H265 issue but with an incorrect error message

2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best recommendation for this query, Based on my experience, I was able to transfer video files via SD card adapter to the iPad. Hope this helps and thank you for your valued support.
2020-6-26
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-26 02:35
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best recommendation for this query, Based on my experience, I was able to transfer video files via SD card adapter to the iPad. Hope this helps and thank you for your valued support.

Thanks but, since the topic is about the drone’s internal memory, I’m not sure how an SD card adapter can help
2020-6-26
Use props
GoodtimeGibbo
New

United States

I too am having this issue, does anyone have a link to a tutorial?
2022-9-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

GoodtimeGibbo Posted at 9-28 10:31
I too am having this issue, does anyone have a link to a tutorial?

Use the Fly app album to download it to your phone, then e-mail the file to him.
2022-9-28
Use props
FL_mini3pro
New
United States

connecting drone to USB PC/laptop did the trick. just make sure you turn on the drone. without it - PC does not see the internal drone drive.
2023-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules