x5s Vertical Lines - ProRes Only Inspire 2
1830 14 2020-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichmondAerial
lvl.1

United States

Just bought the ProRes license for my I2 with the x5s.  Once I turn on the SSD I notice vertical magenta lines showing up in  the image preview, like you see in the attached image. Once I hit record  the problem is much much worse. The lines appear in the recorded video  on both the SSD and the microsd.

Once I turn off the SSD and reboot the drone the magenta lines go  away.  H264/H265 recording is fine as long as I don't turn on the SSD.

I've tried firmware downgrades and upgrades, replaced the vibration  absorption board, contact cleaner on gimbal connections and SSD  connections, and tried my other SSD and the problem persists.

I have also tried my x5s on another inspire 2 and prores worked no  problem and I tried an x7 on my drone and pro res worked fine. I had a  drone tech recommend replacing the vibration board again, but i'm not  too hopeful since the x7 worked. Anyone from DJI have any suggestions?

Any help is appreciated.

i2 x5s prores rines

i2 x5s prores rines
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi RichmondAerial, sorry for the trouble with the drone, could you please upload the original picture/video to the Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here for further analysis?
2020-6-22
Use props
RichmondAerial
lvl.1

United States

Thank you Mindy,
See link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y5kxFxmmPJRmu0onXAbWg8IIwhHE5aH6/view?usp=sharing
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichmondAerial Posted at 6-22 20:08
Thank you Mindy,
See link below.

Appreciate your time to provide the original footage, we've forwarded to our engineers for analysis. I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them.
2020-6-23
Use props
RichmondAerial
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-23 01:09
Appreciate your time to provide the original footage, we've forwarded to our engineers for analysis. I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them.

No problem. I look forward to hearing back from you.
2020-6-23
Use props
RichmondAerial
lvl.1

United States

The Vibration Absorption Board (Part 23) has been replaced again, just in case the cables were damaged in shipping, and the problem persists. This was supposed to be a brand new camera, but all signs point to it as the issue.

Mindy, have your engineers had any luck?
2020-6-23
Use props
RichmondAerial
lvl.1

United States

I have done more testing and seen similar lines in some h264/h265 videos, and also in some JPG pictures taken when recording h264/h265.
2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichmondAerial Posted at 6-29 10:02
I have done more testing and seen similar lines in some h264/h265 videos, and also in some JPG pictures taken when recording h264/h265.

Sorry for the late response, could we also have a screenshot of the firmware information of this drone and gimbal? Please send us a screenshot in DJI Go 4--General Settings--About. Thank you in advance.
2020-6-30
Use props
RichmondAerial
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-30 03:09
Sorry for the late response, could we also have a screenshot of the firmware information of this drone and gimbal? Please send us a screenshot in DJI Go 4--General Settings--About. Thank you in advance.

2020-6-30
Use props
RichmondAerial
lvl.1

United States

Pretty frustrated now.  Yesterday DJI Support chat told me they would have a rep get in touch with me within 24 hours after my case is reviewed by an engineer.  After 27 hours I reached back out and they said to wait 24-48 additional hours.  Then mid chat, they changed their mind and said I should just send the drone in. Then said I could wait the 24-48 hours again after my hesitation to send in the drone to pay for them to fix the pro res issue and they couldn't access the google drive file I uploaded. Especially as these problems did not start until I activated pro-res.  I don't appreciate the attempt to charge a customer to fix a problem that was created by a DJI product for another DJI product. Very disappointed in DJI at the moment.
2020-7-1
Use props
RichmondAerial
lvl.1

United States

Looks like DJI has given up on my case, and will not process a refund on the pro res license, or even respond with anything other than send it in and pay us. I will be issuing a charge back on my credit card because of this.
2020-7-8
Use props
Woodmans918
New
Flight distance : 696680 ft
United States

I have a Matrice 210 RTK V2 and have been working on this problem since I received the X5S.  DJI has not provided any resolution except download firmware, which I have.  I want a legit fix to this issue.  A lot of money was spent on this platform, so consumers expect it to actually work!

2020-7-8
Use props
RichmondAerial
lvl.1

United States

Woodmans918 Posted at 7-8 08:21
I have a Matrice 210 RTK V2 and have been working on this problem since I received the X5S.  DJI has not provided any resolution except download firmware, which I have.  I want a legit fix to this issue.  A lot of money was spent on this platform, so consumers expect it to actually work!

[view_image]

Sorry to hear you're having a similar problem.  It's very frustrating how DJI has such poor customer service for professionals using their products.  I think there is likely a manufacturing issue and/or firmware issue.

DJI doesn't give reasonable access to the firmware, even counting DJI assistant. There isn't an easy way to isolate or fix the problem, without DJI charging you more to fix a problem they created.

Even then you'll be without your drone for an unreasonable amount of time, preventing professionals from doing their work without having multiple backup birds.  

I've spoken with multiple DJI authorized repair centers and they are even limited and typically have to send gimbals and cameras back to DJI China or California for repairs.  This is because DJI requires it, not because the repair centers aren't capable of the technical work.
2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichmondAerial Posted at 7-8 06:36
Looks like DJI has given up on my case, and will not process a refund on the pro res license, or even respond with anything other than send it in and pay us. I will be issuing a charge back on my credit card because of this.

Hi RichmondAerial, I’m so sorry for the late response, we've got the update from our engineers that it seems there is a communication issue between the gimbal and aircraft, it is recommended to send back the X5S and the aircraft to DJI repair center for further diagnosis, our repair center will help figure it out.
2020-7-8
Use props
RichmondAerial
lvl.1

United States

Hey Mindy,
I have to admit, the late assessment from your engineers was not helpful. Also, I am disappointed you didn't address any of the issues mentioned.

The communication issue likely stems from a portion of the camera or cinecore firmware that does not get flashed while using dji assistant.  I'm leaning towards the activation of pro res caused corruption but unable to dig deeper due to DJI's lack true support for their products.

I hesitate to send in the drone to DJI due to potential repair costs of over $2,000 ( Inspire 2 Main controller Module $789, Inspire 2 Service Fee $195, Zenmuse x5s Camera holder Module $1,154, Gimbal Service Fee $65).   

Source (https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry)

While the notes on the repair price site says "If the assessment shows that DJI is responsible for the product's issue under warranty, your product will be repaired or replaced for free." I don't trust DJI to assess their own liability for repair costs fairly.  I am also unsure if this issue would be under warranty as I haven't seen anything about a warranty on the pro res license, and I know my I2 and x5s are not under warranty any longer.

There is also the note "The price of repair parts may fluctuate due to production batches, production time, and suppliers. The quotation sent to you for your product’s repair shall take precedence."  Meaning their pricing can fluctuate without notification until they have your property and determine what they want to charge.
2020-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules