Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Gimbal Motor Overload"
123Next >
48819 97 2015-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
du
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69747 ft

Portugal

Hello, today after the latest firmware upgrade I went to test it outside, but with the vision positioning system on is almost impossible to control it, it just jingle around i needed to turn it off. After the second takeoff a message in yellow started to appear in the screen "Gimbal Motor Overload", it was the first time ... I have tried to calibrate the Gimbal, the compass even the IMU but no way, still happening ...

Ah, and about stability, with the vision positioning sytem off it just flies fine!

I have noticed a video jello shacking too, like every 1 second the video shakes...And this happening since 1.2.6 firmware.

Can somebody help me with this?
Thank you very much.
2015-6-17
Use props
gerard.a.mollem This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-18
Use props
bigjim
New
Flight distance : 3314 ft
United States

OK OK SAME THING FOR ME JITTER IN THE VIDEO, VPS IS NOT HOLDING CRAFT STABLE ALSO 2 WARNINGS TO UP GRADE CAMERA AND FIRMWARE.
I JUST DID THAT AND NOW ALL THE PROBLEMS! GO FIGURE. ALL TEXT SHOWED SUCCESS.
2015-6-18
Use props
jslitzker
New

United States

I'm getting the same error message.  Are all of you using Android?  The error persists on my android but when plugging it into a friend's iphone it works fine with no error message.  The gimbal functions properly and the aircraft shows a green status LED but the app still shows the gimbal motor overload message.  I'm just wondering if you all have the same issue.
2015-6-18
Use props
jbdimassaputro
New

Indonesia

Same with me! im using android and advanced version with 1.2.8 firmware..
today when im flying i got those msg that telling my gimbal was overloaded.. pls dji..
and ofcourse, my vps was error too....
2015-6-18
Use props
Codegit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141719 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I am having the same problem after upgrading to FW version 1.2.8 and using the latest Android app. Prior to this upgrade my Phantom 3 Advance was rock solid, now it cannot keep height and slowly drifts side ways all the time. I have to correct the drift and ascending, descending movements. I have been flying RC Helicopters for MANY years and I can definitely tell you that it is not my flying that is a problem. I have also gone through ALL the correct calibration procedures and nothing helps. It is REAL obvious that this latest FW release has caused problems for "SOME" of us. My bird has only had 7 flights with NO hard landings or crazy flying and as I said it was PERFECT before this FW upgrade. DJI, please sort this out.
2015-6-19
Use props
Grad This user has been deleted
2015-6-19
Use props
du
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69747 ft

Portugal

Man, DJI needs to fix this asap, because at the moment i have a 1500€ paper weight on my shelf... Because I don't feel confident of flying this aircraft until a new firmware fixing all this issues comes out.. Because it costed me 1500€ of savings, and i do't  want to splash it to the ground, for now is stopped there just on the ground.
2015-6-19
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

What does the post above mine mean?
2015-6-19
Use props
sarmiola
New

Finland

Grad Posted at 2015-6-19 22:49
When I did the upgrade, the controller was powered off. After the upgrade I saw and heard the gimbal ...

Hi.
It would appear that the issue is related to the newest DJI Pilot app on Android platform.
Someone pointed out that only Android devices with the new APK seem to be affected.

I've got a first firmware version of P3Pro with no recent firmware upgrades.
The only upgrade is the new DJI Pilot app on the phone and suddenly my drone started to give out the Gimbal motor overload alarm also.

I do not have an iOS device to try it on, but at least for me the appearance of this problem was not firmware upgrade related.
2015-6-22
Use props
stilton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 721312 ft
United States

I'm a new pilot but have had the opportunity to fly my P3P all over the Southeast and Midwest US with 1.1.9 and had no issues whatsoever other than the overheating android issue causing video to lag after 8-10 minutes.  I upgraded today and the FW upgraded the first time without any problem on all 3.  That's when I noticed all of the issues that have been logged by other users.  Hopeful I wouldn't be one of them I took it outside and calibrated everything.  I didn't seem to have any issues but did notice "Gimbal Motor Overload" is present as well as the radio channel quality now shows poor regardless of where I try to fly?

Screenshot_2015-06-22-18-39-46.png
2015-6-22
Use props
Mooseshooz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

stilton Posted at 2015-6-23 08:57
I'm a new pilot but have had the opportunity to fly my P3P all over the Southeast and Midwest US wit ...

Same here on P3a with fw 1.1.9 and app 1.2, was fine before so looks like an app issue as stated previosly. Odd thing is you only have to tilt the phantom on the ground left and right to trigger it, would have thought this should be picked up when they tested the app
2015-6-23
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I am also on android, received the Gimbal Motor Overload error yesterday and also had shaky stability - Adam
2015-6-23
Use props
romainw8@live.f This user has been deleted
2015-6-23
Use props
Anthony Lam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539347 ft
Malaysia

I have my gimbal overload error today. First error after so long of no problem flying, sad
2015-6-23
Use props
stilton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 721312 ft
United States

Sounds like it's definitely an Android based issue as I've not heard anyone with an iPad/iPhone with this issue come up.  I completed another IMU calibration and was able to get the overload message from appearing however I still get a "NO SIGNAL" error despite having 16+ satellites.  I've enabled and disabled VPS but no difference.  As I fly it also shows on the map view where I'm traveling so I'm assuming it's a bug referencing the display only perhaps?

Screenshot_2015-06-23-12-58-49_resized.png
2015-6-23
Use props
alvaroffdelamo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165551 ft
Spain

Hi,

I am an Android user and I am not experiencing any issue with new firmware.

I got the gimbal motor overload message, but it was because i forgot to remove the security plastic holder before turning it on. I assume not, but make sure you guys were not doing that.

Also, do you know if gimbal motor can suffer if you turn it on with the plastic device that it has when stored in the box?
2015-6-25
Use props
Mar8188
lvl.1

Cyprus

SAME PROBLEM HERE. Jello on video, week signal all the time,  and of course "gimbal motor overload".... Everybody has the same problems and dji does nothing....-tested on iphone 6 , ipad mini 2 retina
2015-6-27
Use props
sgi_man
New
Canada

Hi, I got the same problem but I am using a ipad air. I also upgrade to version 1.2.6 one week ago. After the upgrade I got a weak signal video after i turned On the P3 prof then this morning I got a gimbal motor overload
2015-6-27
Use props
Raul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 348724 ft
Spain

Same here, "Gimbal motor overload" with P3A v1.2.8 and iPad Air 2 with DJI Pilot v1.2.0.
App don't make photo or video but light bridge and real time video  works ok
I'm still waiting for better days...
2015-6-27
Use props
janibgud
lvl.1

United States

I can confirm that the "Gimbal Motor Overload" is not an Android error, I am using an IOS device (ipad mini 2) and I have been having the same problems as described by everyone here. The problem is the latest FW update (1.2.6). My p3 worked great before that update and now I have all the errors described in this forum. I spoke to DJI and they don't seemed to concerned, because according to them "Only a few are experiencing the problem". It seems that it only becomes an issue when DJI's reputation is threatened with "many users experiencing the problem", otherwise they don't care enough to expedite the problem. From my own observations, it appears that this issue is more wide spread than DJI is recognizing. Sad but true, DJI's customer support really sucks, and it will hurt them in the long run.
2015-6-27
Use props
Young
lvl.1

Singapore

I have exactly the same problem after upgrading the firmware! Gimbal motor overload, vision system error and even at times, poor radio quality...
2015-6-27
Use props
acollinsdal.yah
lvl.1

United States

I didn't have the gimbal warning after upgrading firmware,,but now I am getting it with nothing different,,,but everything appears fine with the gimbal.....

do I reload firmware or just hope its ok (which is never a good way to go)
2015-6-27
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

janibgud Posted at 2015-6-27 23:43
I can confirm that the "Gimbal Motor Overload" is not an Android error, I am using an IOS device (ip ...

It's not just related to android and I don't think it's the firmware. I updated my P3P to 1.2.6 the day it came out and never had a gimbal issue till I updated the IOS version 1.2.0. yesterday.  I went to fly my P3P and two minutes into warm up and pre-flight got an error "Gimbal Motor Overeated"  I've never had a problem with the gimbal prior to the update of the app. I shut it down and check for debris and obstructions, there were none.  Stared it up again everything seemed ok I picked up the P3 from the top and moved it slowly to check gimbal operation then again same error.  None of the gimbal motors are warm to the touch.

I flew it at about 30' alt and the gimbal seems to be working fine.  I just didn't want to push it till I find the cause.

I noticed the android users had poseted the same error after upgrading to the new android version of the pilot app.  I wonder if it's related.

I guess I will be calling DJI to see what up.

-Dog
2015-6-27
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Germany

Same problem here with Android!
2015-6-27
Use props
cheong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2778799 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi All, I think it is the apps 's bug, my firmware is 1.1.9, my apps is 1.20 for both ipad air and shield, I have the same error on both devices.
2015-6-28
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

cheong Posted at 2015-6-28 16:10
Hi All, I think it is the apps 's bug, my firmware is 1.1.9, my apps is 1.20 for both ipad air and s ...

It sounds to me like it's the pilot app.  Mine was fine with over 70 flights then the day I upgraded to IOS pilot 1.2.0 then not even lift off of the first flight I got the overheat error.

-Dog
2015-6-28
Use props
Paniza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

After updating my apps and firmware, I got a tons of issues like you are saying.

After calibrating IMU and Gimbal multiple times, it all went back to normal. The calibration is very very important to align with the new software.

2 days ago I was trying to launch the aircraft from tall grass, got the motor overload. Once I moved to a place where the grass would not touch the camera, no more message.

I can no longer use the app with my Samsung Tab 3 but it does work with the Z3 without issues so, I will stick with the tiny thing for now.

Good luck!
2015-6-28
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

Same here.   Never happened before.  iPad Air 2.  Newest pilot app and pro firmware.    I think it's the app as I didn't see this error prior to upgrading the app.  It's not inclusive to android.  
2015-6-28
Use props
janibgud
lvl.1

United States

I think I "May" have found the solution to fixing this "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" issue. I had the problem after "upgrading" my current pilot app version to the newest version. What I did that seems to have fixed it is, I deleted the pilot app, and did a clean install. What I mean by clean install is simply deleting the current install (app) and reinstalling it. Seems to have something to do with the Upgrade that has been causing this error message. Good luck and comment if success.
2015-6-28
Use props
rob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571690 ft
United Kingdom

I am on the latest app for ios on ipad mini 3, my phantom 3 pro is on old firmare 1.1.19 as the latest firmware killed my P3A, I had this today for the first time too, wasn't sure it it is an error or perhaps wind gusting causing the issue? either way I wasn't amused lol
2015-6-28
Use props
mmanuszak
lvl.1

United States

janibgud Posted at 2015-6-29 00:30
I think I "May" have found the solution to fixing this "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" issue. I had the pr ...

I tried your suggestion of completely removing DJI Pilot and re-installing and I am still unable to fly with any confidence.  Constant Gimbal Overload errors, and after about reaching 300ft of distance complete signal loss for the video.  Had to return home line of sight and Lightbridge video would not re-establish until I completely powered the P3A off and back on.

This issue is a seriously bad screw up for DJI.  Everything was fine until either the 1.2.8 firmware or the Pilot App update.  Seems to me I had flown after the 1.2.8 firmware without issues, but prior to the latest Pilot App update, so I'm guessing we have an APP issue.  I'm running the iOS version on an iPad Mini 3.

Has anyone heard a word from DJI on the official fix or at least acknowledgement of the problem?
2015-6-28
Use props
rob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571690 ft
United Kingdom

Watch the last few seconds of my video here and you can see the moment mine decided to have the overload issue
2015-6-28
Use props
PBGixxer
lvl.1

United States

Once I got home and watched my video I noticed the "jello" shake and less that desirable video performance that you mentioned.  Why oh why did I upgrade the firmware?  LOL

No way to fall back that I'm aware of, so I sit and wait for a response from DJI.  I submitted a ticket today 6/28/15.

Keep me posted if you hear anything....
2015-6-28
Use props
collinma21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 482684 ft
United States

I'm a brand new Phantom 3 user (just got it today).  Before the first flight, I loaded the latest firmware for the P3A and I'm having a few issues I can't seem to figure out.
1.) No Signal in red at the top center of the screen - I have 10+ satellites on the icon next to the red NO SIGNAL error.
2.) Sonic Sensor error land immediately. - I have no idea why this started but it appeared on my screen and the quad didn't really want to stay at altitude...it would either climb or drop at a constant rate but didn't like staying put.  

I purchased the Phantom 3 because I've had such good luck with the Naza v2 in my Sky Hero...this little Phantom seems to be full of gremlins.

Update:  After reading this thread, I went back and recalibrated the IMU followed by the gimbal. (The gimbal calibration failed the first time...worked the second time?)  After doing that, I went outside and recalibrated the compass before starting it up.  The random vertical climbs and descents went away.  The red NO SIGNAL warning went away and I didn't see the Sonic Sensor warning pop up.  Of course, while I was inside, the system was showing me P-GPS switching over to P-ATTI and it never said anything about the VPS so I hope that portion is working correct?  It's on in the system settings but I have no way of telling if that's actually working or not.

Anyway, until the gremlins come back, my Phantom 3 Advanced is working and I'm happy with the performance so far.

2015-6-28
Use props
js1
lvl.1

Austria

Same issue here.
With Gimbal motor overload "return to home" failed. Just landed at the current position which can be deadly.

2015-6-28
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

js1@joopi.com Posted at 2015-6-29 14:09
Same issue here.
With Gimbal motor overload "return to home" failed. Just landed at the current pos ...

I think that your to close to the home point. When you are to close to the home point the RTH feature will just land.  Check your manual to see the distance you must be.

-Dog
2015-6-28
Use props
js1
lvl.1

Austria

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-29 14:41
I think that your to close to the home point. When you are to close to the home point the RTH feat ...

I don't think there is a minimum distance. If there is a deviation of the homepoint and the actual position then it should RTH. It worked in the past with the same distance. Regardless of that I can't have a RTH function that does something completely different. If it can't execute the RTH function then it should have a warning "can't execute due to minimum range" or so but not just landing. That's weird.
2015-6-28
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

js1@joopi.com Posted at 2015-6-29 15:59
I don't think there is a minimum distance. If there is a deviation of the homepoint and the actual ...

From what I can find the P3 must be greater that 20 meters away from the home point for RTH to work correctly.

-Dog
2015-6-29
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

From what I can find the P3 must be greater that 20 meters away from the home point for RTH to work correctly. In your second attempt to RTH your pilot app shows the distance at 11.5M. That would be to close. Try it at 50M or 60M out just to be sure. Read this post http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... t-gps-signal.42991/

-Dog
2015-6-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules