123Next >
48854 97 2015-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
js1
lvl.1

United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-29 16:37
From what I can find the P3 must be greater that 20 meters away from the home point for RTH to work  ...

As I said, it worked fine in the past. Also I read the official P3 user manual v1.2. No evidence for any minimum distance. If this would be really the case it should be in the manual.
2015-6-29
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

js1@joopi.com Posted at 2015-6-29 16:54
As I said, it worked fine in the past. Also I read the official P3 user manual v1.2. No evidence f ...

Just try it at 50 meters out, both of your attempts to RTH your distance shows no more than 11.5M. That's not that far just over 30ft.  I had the same problem when I first go mine and thought something was wrong and I read that it can't be to close to the home point.  I tried it further out  and it works perfect just not close to the home point. Sorry about the link it's off DJI's site so I guess it's un permitted. Try this post http://forum.dji.com/thread-18967-1-1.html

-Dog
2015-6-29
Use props
bigjim
New
Flight distance : 3314 ft
United States

Hello,
Well just came back in from flying 2 flights it just keeps getting worse GIMBLE OVERLOAD, LOST SIGINAL,AT 200 FT OPEN FIELD,ANDROID 1.2.0 1.2.8 DRIFTING ,VPS ALL OVER THE PLACE.
CONTACT DJI THEY UPLOADED ME VERSION APP 1.1.0 TO REVERT BACK THE APP GOING TO TRY THIS NOW!!! WISH ME LUCK IF IT GOES UP IN FLAMES I HOPE THEY REPLACE IT!!
2015-6-29
Use props
joel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1805141 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mooseshooz Posted at 2015-6-23 16:18
Same here on P3a with fw 1.1.9 and app 1.2, was fine before so looks like an app issue as stated p ...

I have the P3 with the recent upgrade/FW.  I had several good flights and now when I started it today had the same gimbal warning.  I use OS on a iPhone 6+.  With everyone complaining I'm surprised they didn't see this when they beta tested it.  Can't believe it worked one second, the next it had the warning.  DJI, I hope you're working on a patch.  This sucks.  Unreliable product is unsafe product.
2015-6-29
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

My newest firmware update last week for the phantom 3 prof. Has caused unpleasant reaction to gimbal noises, instability and gimbal motor overload indicator. Wish I did not update to this. Hope DJI steps up with a fix.

2015-6-29
Use props
jefftv
lvl.2
New Zealand

stevedunk Posted at 2015-6-30 07:26
My newest firmware update last week for the phantom 3 prof. Has caused unpleasant reaction to gimbal ...

Just talked to tech support. They say as long as you have done a full IMU callibration and gimbal orientation and as long as this is stable you are happy to fly.However I found another bug. it seems that in the latest firmware it's magnetic declination is out. I am in New Zealand and the drone just keeps circling and if you don't correct it it goes out of control.It is because the drone is trying to orientate itself to a magenetic north in the Northern Hemisphere, while the GPS is saying F,,,....K off you are here...so it keeps on trying to over compensate....fine in Non GPS mode, but a killer if you let it get out of control
2015-6-29
Use props
Timppa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1621 ft
Finland

jefftv@queensto Posted at 2015-6-30 10:46
Just talked to tech support. They say as long as you have done a full IMU callibration and gimbal  ...

Any news for issue?
2015-7-1
Use props
buzzcbr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

Okay - so i have been flying my P3A for a number of months now with no problems at all, Im glad to say.
However, did the latest upgrade and Ive since then ive had 'Loss of Signal' and today I had 'Gimbal motor overload'

I use a mini Ipad 2 for my connection.

Ive never had a problem with this bird before the upgrade, so theres something badly amiss with it.

I landed the bird, turned it off, turned it back on and it flew for the remainder of that battery, and another one without the error showing again, but I lost load of images I shot while the error was showing.

So come on DJI - its obvious that something is wrong with the upgrade, so lets roll back to the previous one while you get it sorted - eh ???

Buzz
2015-7-1
Use props
paul.roebuck
lvl.2

United Kingdom

gerard.a.mollem Posted at 2015-6-19 04:48
Hello there. Onfortunatly I cannot help you but I am experiencing the exact same problem. And more:  ...

Identical issue.

Is this fixed by the so called roll back?

Is it safe to fly?
2015-7-1
Use props
Raul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 348724 ft
Spain

Raul Posted at 2015-6-27 21:16
Same here, "Gimbal motor overload" with P3A v1.2.8 and iPad Air 2 with DJI Pilot v1.2.0.
App don't  ...

I have re-installed the DJI Pilot app and it worked fine for me today. I used 2 batteries this morning without any problems with the gimbal...VPS continues off by my own decision. Now the app does not cached the maps (It's configured for do it) ...anyone knows why?  
Thanks

Raül
2015-7-4
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

just had the same issue, out at a shoot and updated my iso app and now the gimbal error.
this suck, need to find the old app
2015-7-4
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I had gimbal motor overload when the camera was pointed 90 degree to the bottom but i raised gimbal gains a bit and it was solved. When that gimbal overload message appeared i could even hear a strange sound from the gimbal motors
2015-7-5
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

jefftv@queensto Posted at 2015-6-30 10:46
Just talked to tech support. They say as long as you have done a full IMU callibration and gimbal  ...

Non of the so called calibrations or app replacements fixes the problems. Could not film yesterday.  Received weak signal indication after only a short distance and lost total visual display on my mini pad 3. Had to do an emergency return home. What in the heck is going on DJI? Do you really want to receive negative feedback so about your products??
2015-7-5
Use props
video
lvl.1

United States

Having the same gimbal motor overloaded error after ios update 8.4
2015-7-9
Use props
splatcat
New

United States

1.19 Firmware + 1.2.0 Android App - just got Gimbal Overload on my last flight. I've been on this setup for weeks now without a single problem. The only difference was that when I opened the DJI app now it says "Firmware Update Required" - so there has to be some 2-way communication back to DJI that is suddenly telling me I need to update my firmware. Again, no changes to Phantom or App in weeks.

Same flight I saw the "firmware update required" is the FIRST time the Gimbal Overload error showed up. Before that, I had 10+ flights with absolutely zero problems. Again, exact same firmware and same app over the course of a few weeks = no gimbal error. Now with Firmware update notice on the exact same 1.19 and 1.20 Android app = Gimbal Error.

Coincidence? I think not.
2015-7-10
Use props
elk
New

Moldova

This message appears when gimbal make noise and vibrate, several cause of this is the jello effect in video. I think that's not the issue updates and gimbal problem in the last update has detected
2015-7-15
Use props
REBELimgs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46483 ft
United States

stilton Posted at 2015-6-24 01:15
Sounds like it's definitely an Android based issue as I've not heard anyone with an iPad/iPhone with ...

"No Signal" and the number of satellites you have are completely unrelated.
2015-7-15
Use props
buzzcbr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

We all have a gimbal motor overload since the last upgrade, before that mine was fine, now it has this problem,
Edited for profanity.
2015-7-15
Use props
mark_Dags
lvl.1

Canada

I've Had my P3P for two weeks now.  I updated firmware on both P3P and remote on the first day.  Did an IMU calibration as well.  I can say that it preformed great with absolutely no errors at all.  I have about 7 full battery flights in.  And have been using the idap mini 2 for all my flights with no problems.  

Today is the first time I saw the "Gimball motor overload" , I did as usual a compass calibration as I was in a new location.  Used auto take off and noticed that after taking off the hover wasn't stable as it was before (I have VPS off as noted on previous threads).  I raised the height to about 15" and everything was fine.  Flew around for about 5 mins and then noticed "Gimball motor overload".  Brought the P3P back to me and landed with no problems.  
Just wondering why all of a sudden I now get the error?
2015-7-15
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

Gimbal overload error is because of the new app, it just checks the gimbal more strictly and its tolerances. Most of teh time your gimbal is not optial when you get that message. My gimbal was one of those or IS one of those with extreme jello effect since the first day. The old app just did not told users that the gimbal is vibrating and on its limits. I dont know if thats the case but normally you should get this message only when you really have jello effect in your footage because when i take my Phantom3 in my hand and tilt it a bit i can hear the gimbal start to vibrating and than gimbal overload appears. So check your video in full screen mode if you can see jello. I get this message constantly without a pause during flight.
2015-7-16
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

Anyone get any news from DJI regarding this Gimbal problem!!
I've tried everything I have read on line and still the same overload problem and causing the video to look Honorable.
2015-7-16
Use props
PBGixxer
lvl.1

United States

stac57 Posted at 2015-7-17 02:00
I've tried everything I have read on li ...

I received an email finally about 4 days ago where DJI took ownership of this issue and said their engineers are working on a fix.  Stay tuned I guess.  Hope it doesn't take too much longer.

Here is the exact response if you're interested.

"Dear Marc,
Thank you for contacting DJI Technology, North America and your feedback.
Marc, I understand your frustration and would like to provide more support information, however, at this time, our HQ and R&D are aware
of this Firmware issue, and they are working on a patch.
Thank you for your patience and continued support in DJI Technology.
DJI - "The Future of Possible!"
2015-7-17
Use props
ggg5gebhardt
New

United States

Same boat here, brand new DJPro, updated and gamble overload constantly.

Fly ok but I am a newbie and the RTH feature is a nice safety device if working.   Be a day or two before in know as I am a new flyer and still developing my "wings".

So far this thing a a blast!
2015-7-19
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

stac57 Posted at 2015-7-17 02:00
I've tried everything I have read on li ...

If the video is looking horrible the gimbal is not ok.
2015-7-19
Use props
thierryd
lvl.1

St Kitts and Nevis

Hi Guys
I just got this drone and flew already few hours, got this message also few days ago, see the video below where my Gimbal got crazy
I flew after and it was ok except today I got back the same message, any news guys ?

I am in Mini Ipad 02 and got the last update

2015-7-20
Use props
jenta
New

United States

I had a similar problem as the message showing "Gimbal Motor Overload", and I got an impression that this is a DJI's bug when I read the posts in this Forum.
However in my 2nd fly, I found that it is a small robber that holds the gimbal caused problem - it works totally fine after I removed it.
I know this sounds silly, it is the white robber with the red label "Remove before flight" -- I saw it at the beginning and I thought the warning is for removing the plastic holder so I removed that. Actually there are two things holding the gimbal in position for the safe shipment need to be removed.
I know many of you may have a different problem, but if you're new to DJI Phantom 3, check this first.
2015-7-21
Use props
alex279
New

Germany

js1@joopi.com Posted at 2015-6-29 16:54
As I said, it worked fine in the past. Also I read the official P3 user manual v1.2. No evidence f ...

There is evidence!
User Manual English, page 14, Failsafe RTH: !Attention mark! "Aircraft automatically descends and lands if RTH is triggered when the aircraft flies within a 20 meters (65 feet) radius of the Home Point. (...) "
Any more questions???
2015-7-23
Use props
SkyStarr
lvl.1
United States

Now receiving "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" messages shortly after take-off.  Power cycled everything and it worked for awhile before having the same issue again. No issues or changes (other than recent firmware update) with my Phantom 3 Pro. Physically everything looks perfect. Software/firmware issue?  I'm running iOS, so it is not Android specific.
2015-7-23
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

SkyStarr Posted at 2015-7-24 00:26
Now receiving "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" messages shortly after take-off.  Power cycled everything an ...

its not because of FW or software only, the overload message comes for a reason. Not all P3s show that message, the ones with perfect gimbals are fine
2015-7-24
Use props
mjaj93
New

United States

I'm having the same Gimbal Overload problem here and I'm on an Iphone 6+
2015-7-24
Use props
frispete
lvl.1

Germany

FYI: I posted a related message here:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 77362&fromuid=62492
Topic: P3P Out of the blue gimbal motor overload with screen recording

Pete
2015-7-27
Use props
billyvinson81
lvl.1

United States

stilton Posted at 2015-6-24 01:15
Sounds like it's definitely an Android based issue as I've not heard anyone with an iPad/iPhone with ...

I have the iPad Mini 3 and a Samsung Galaxy s6. I get the GIMBAL OVERLOAD message, constantly, on BOTH.
2015-7-29
Use props
billyvinson81
lvl.1

United States

I have iPad Mini 3 and getting the same error about GIMABL OVERLOADED - constantly. Also, I have Galaxy S6 and get the error msg.
2015-7-29
Use props
chappy4838
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11214 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I as many on here have had same problems, turned vps off that helped, but I have now had 2 side ways drift issue which ended in hard landing and flipping over. I always hover couple of feet for a min just incase this happens as I nearly had a fly away first flight after lates firmwear update.  
2015-7-30
Use props
sarverpro
New

France

janibgud Posted at 2015-6-27 23:43
I can confirm that the "Gimbal Motor Overload" is not an Android error, I am using an IOS device (ip ...

Yes I confirm the same bug on iOS since I update the Dji Pilot .
This morning I flew without problem and after upadate of the soft this error appears.. so this is not a technical problem but a software bug..
Hope iDJ will fixed it quickly !
2015-8-1
Use props
wbrumbalow
New

United States

I am not certain this is a bug. I purchased my P3 Pro two weeks ago and it came with the latest firmware v1.2.6 installed. I installed the latest Android app v1.2.0 and all was well for the first 10 or so flights, then I started getting the "Gimbal Motor Overload" error. I went through the gimbal recalibration with no change, still getting gimbal overload errors. If it was a bug it should have exhibited the gimbal overloads from the start.

Alternately, I did a test and noticed inconsistent gimbal behavior and wonder if this is common for everyone. For the test I first did a gimbal calibration, once complete I noted the face of the camera was level (as expected).  I picked the aircraft up and tilted it forward at a hard angle until I heard the gimbal motor straining attempting to level the camera. I repeated the tilting of the aircraft backwards, then left and then right. When I set the aircraft back down on the level surface I noticed the face of the camera was no longer level, it was tilted down and to the left. I repeated this test several times with the same results. This suggest there maybe a gyro related issues at play as well.

2015-8-1
Use props
djjeffrymix
New

United States

How can i fix that gimbal motor overload problem please i just got my phantom 3 pro thank you
2015-8-3
Use props
djjeffrymix
New

United States

How can i fix that gimbal motor overload problem please
2015-8-3
Use props
axidify
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2867146 ft
Malaysia

Hello guys. Check the back of your camera gimbal. Make sure you remove the white foam clamp there. should fix your issues.
2015-8-3
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

axidify Posted at 2015-8-4 00:59
Hello guys. Check the back of your camera gimbal. Make sure you remove the white foam clamp there. s ...

Has nothing to do with it, im sure everybody here removed the foam already. We are talking about the overload message which is causes by a new FW. The new FW will check the gimbal status better than the old FW did and expose bad gimbals. I owned a Phantom3 with permanent gimbal overload message, now i have one that never showed that message !
The old one had extreme jello effect and the new one is perfect
2015-8-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules