Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Gimbal Motor Overload"
48820 97 2015-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jusplanome
New

United States

There is a small piece of foam that comes attached with the gimbal.  Make sure you have removed this piece of foam.  It could cause a gimbal overload error also it will effect your capture.
2015-8-3
Use props
emickett
New

United States

Hello all,  I have had my p3p for 3 weeks now.  I had no problems with it until I updated the software in my p3p and controller.  Now I get "Gimbal  Motor Overload " ever since I did the update.  My p3p  used to hover in one place,  now it drifts to the right and there's a noise that comes from above the gimbal.  I  removed the memory card and it had one file saying that the update was successful, but I opened up the  other file and it said that there was ten unsuccessful installs.  I erased the downloaded file and put it back in to my p3p.  But I'm still having the same problems.  I really hope that DJI  gets a patch for our p3p'so soon! As I don't like having a  $1200.00 paper weight!  
2015-8-4
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

emickett Posted at 2015-8-5 02:52
Hello all,  I have had my p3p for 3 weeks now.  I had no problems with it until I updated the softwa ...

WTH? the new FW from today did that to your gimbal?You were running the 1.1.9 version before?
2015-8-4
Use props
emickett
New

United States

Dainho, I've have been running pilot 1.2.0 ever since I received my p3p.  All I did was update the  flight software housed in the gimbal, I also updated the flight controller at the  same time.  I got  back successful updates on both the drone and the flight remote.  has
2015-8-5
Use props
emickett
New

United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-8-5 06:01
WTH? the new FW from today did that to your gimbal?You were running the 1.1.9 version before?

Dainho,
I've have been running pilot 1.2.0 ever since I received my p3p.  All I did was update the  flight software housed in the gimbal, I also updated the flight controller at the  same time.  I got  back successful updates on both the drone and the flight remote.  Has anyone gotten a response from DJI yet? I'm sorry but i don't feel comfortable flying  my p3p until i can revert back to the old program or a  patch to fix this issue.
2015-8-5
Use props
emickett
New

United States

jusplanome@gmai Posted at 2015-8-4 03:40
There is a small piece of foam that comes attached with the gimbal.  Make sure you have removed this ...

I removed the piece of foam for the  gimbal  as soon as it came out of the box.  I keep my  P3p in a  pelacan box that was made for it.  Has anyone heard from DJI yet?
2015-8-7
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

emickett Posted at 2015-8-8 06:19
I removed the piece of foam for the  gimbal  as soon as it came out of the box.  I keep my  P3p in ...

if you get this message with the lstest FW you need to send it in
2015-8-7
Use props
PBGixxer
lvl.1

United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-8-8 06:28
if you get this message with the lstest FW you need to send it in

Well it seems DJI has really kicked some ass after 7-8 weeks of us wondering.....
The new firmware and revamped iOS app now named DJI GO work so well together.

I had my best DJI flight yet.  No errors, long range, good video.  TY DJI for getting a wrap on this!

Marc
2015-8-14
Use props
b.wierda
lvl.1

Netherlands

I had some gimbal errors.

I fixed this by thightening the inbus screw on the arm.
It got loose so the arm got lower and it lay on the frame.
It should be hoovering no touching anything
2015-8-15
Use props
trekzona
New

Australia

Same here been taking pictures here for a few months, downloaded the new update and DJI pro after takeoff did a few circles in the air and off into the jungle like it had a mind of its own. It took 6 of us an hour in the dense jungle to find it. Luckily it was only 200 feet off the ground and we saw which way it headed or we never would have found it.
Please fix!!
2015-11-29
Use props
radioflyerrick
New

I was just outside flying, I was a little over 500 feet away when all of a sudden the camera went absolutely crazy... The gimbal was going all over really fast, just crazy.. So I brought it down and powered down as soon as I could get to it, when I started it back up, no more gimbal, I am getting no response from it at all, the app says that the gimbal is disconnected? How could that happen? Is there a way that I can reconnect it or at least get something working on it?
Ever since this happened also the blades normally shake on start up.. now only one does.. Is this something that has happened to someone else? can someone from DJI please contact me and to see if there is a fix.. thanks .
2016-3-31
Use props
aminphotographe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 669948 ft
  • >>>
Iran

Hi, Please help me to solve this problem I
This problem always occurs after a few minutes flight
photo_2016-06-23_23-26-32.jpg
photo_2016-06-23_23-26-38.jpg
2016-6-23
Use props
info
lvl.1
Norway

I see that everyone has the same problem with the gimbal. I have the same problem and because DJI has said that there is NO guarantee to doubt me on the quality of my phantom 4. As beautiful as he filmed four flights so bad it is the fifth flight with overloaded gimbal error om the controller!
So I have a new Gimbal ordered two weeks ago. I'm still waiting until he arrives and then I will install it. I am afraid that the problem is therefore not solved because the chances are that the firmware must be updated.
So, DJI, please, make a new firmware and then I can see if the order had not been required of the new Gimbal. All very unclear.
2016-8-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

info@titodesign Posted at 2016-8-31 16:41
I see that everyone has the same problem with the gimbal. I have the same problem and because DJI ha ...

Generally speaking, this message is telling you that the gimbal is not able to move freely under control of the stabilising circuitry. Have you got a gimbal clamp on, or is there anything that stops the gimbal from moving?
2016-8-30
Use props
oberjj21
New

United States

I just purchased the P4 and keep getting the same "Gimbal Motor Overload" I contacted DJI and they gave me the response.....................Please try to calibrate the IMU. Open the dji go app go to General settings that is located in the top right part of the screen > Main controller settings > Advanced settings > Sensors > IMU Make sure that the aircraft is in a flat sureface then calibrate the gimbal after calibrating the IMU.

I have a Samsung galaxy 7 and have updated all software for the p4 and my phone. Will try to update and see if it works.
2016-10-17
Use props
fansce99ccc5
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone heard if DJI is going to fix this problem?
Sure would like to take pictures again.
I think it is definitely a firmware problem.
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansce99ccc5 Posted at 2016-11-11 03:58
Has anyone heard if DJI is going to fix this problem?
Sure would like to take pictures again.
I thin ...

Did you already try the suggestions in post #95? What Go app version are you running? Have you tried a different mobile device with a different OS?
2016-11-10
Use props
fans89a7beac
New
Indonesia

hi friends, how to cope gimbal horizon issue in phantom 3 standard?
I've calibration imu and dreadlocks, but the results still can not solve the problem. please solution thanks
2017-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules