Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
After returning from Europe and then Puerto Rico, RC nor WiFI
402 2 2020-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DefrostedCanuck
New
Flight distance : 2290 ft
United States

I have been under the impression that there was something wrong for the past year every time I took out my drone (not often as I travel and am busy) it would fail to connect and I would put it back on shelf.  This time I dedicated a day to troubleshooting.  I have downgraded RC firmware and upgraded again, refreshed firmware on MA AC.  Gone through at least 50+ reboots on AC, RC.  Re-installed GO 4 on 3 different devices (Samsung phone, Samsung Tablet, iPad). Nothing works.

I continually get an error about confirming my frequency.  That is when it occurred to me that I was forced to perform a firmware update while I was outside of continental US.  Could the combination have locked me into non-FCC mode?  Or confused the device enough with a non-US firmware download that it now will not operate based on my GPS location (Arizona, USA)?  I had just used it in Ireland and then in USA the day before I flew to Puerto Rico...did the update...and then it has not flown since.

No clue, but I just finished submitting a ticket for repair and truly hope that DJi does the right thing.  I have only flown this AC around a dozen times and would love to use it for years to come.  I have never crashed it, always store in its case, etc.  
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi DefrostedCanuck, sorry to read your experience with the drone, it is the RC failed to connect to the aircraft or the RC failed to connect to the mobile device? I didn't get the case number via your Forum account, may we have your case number so that we could follow up?

The aircraft will identify the country and region where it locates according to the condition of the mobile device and the GPS of the aircraft, and switch between FCC, CE and SRRC in accordance with local laws and regulations. The firmware in global is the same.
For the frequency error, the GPS may not switch to the current country. Please power on the drone outside with a strong GPS signal (at least over 10 satellites). Do not start the motor, wait to see whether the APP will switch the country code.
2020-6-22
Use props
DefrostedCanuck
New
Flight distance : 2290 ft
United States

Thanks, I tried that but still nothing.  I think the issue is larger as it will not broadcast WIFI nor will it connect to RC.  Just thought the 'Confirm Frequency Change' was very coincidental.
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules