Flying below Home point and enabling RTH
765 10 2020-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrrz500n
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9551 ft
United States

Say you are flying from the side of a mountain and going down in elevation with Mav 2. If you are, say 500 ft below from your Home Point. Will it go up to the elevation you have set from your Home Point or from where the drone is when RTH is enabled?
2020-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There's only one way that would make any sense.
How would you program it to work if you were DJI?
**Hint**  All heights are relative to the home point.

2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. For safety reason please initiate the RTH feature above the Home Point's altitude. Please refer to the image that I will be posting for more details about the RTH procedure. Thank you.

2020-6-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-25 23:33
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. For safety reason please initiate the RTH feature above the Home Point's altitude. Please refer to the image that I will be posting for more details about the RTH procedure. Thank you.

[view_image]

With regards to this inquiry. For safety reason please initiate the RTH feature above the Home Point's altitude.

Have you ever flown a drone"?
Your answer is incorrect and misleading.
It doesn't matter whether the drone is above or below the homepoint's altitude when RTH is activated.
At least the DJI design engineers know what they are doing.
2020-6-25
Use props
mrrz500n
lvl.2
United States

I'll be a bit more specific.  Home point is at 6000'and RTH alltitude is 150' I'm following a friend on a mountain bike down to 5000' and lose connection. Will it go straight up from there to 6150' then go to home point? I don't need to hear "You'll establish connection when it comes up" I'm only asking will it go straight up to 6150' before it goes in the direction of Home Point. Period
2020-6-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

mrrz500n Posted at 6-28 16:35
I'll be a bit more specific.  Home point is at 6000'and RTH alltitude is 150' I'm following a friend on a mountain bike down to 5000' and lose connection. Will it go straight up from there to 6150' then go to home point? I don't need to hear "You'll establish connection when it comes up" I'm only asking will it go straight up to 6150' before it goes in the direction of Home Point. Period

Since you aren't clever enough to work it out yourself and the moderator has given you incorrect and misleading "information" ....
Yes. on RTH, your drone would rise to the RTH height you set, fly to a point directly above the home point and descend.
That would mean climbing 1150 ft to 6150 ft ASL in your example.
2020-6-28
Use props
mrrz500n
lvl.2
United States

Labroides. I guess you were one of those that knew everything about anything when you first got something. Because you read everything. Including the warranty about the plastic a product was shipped in. You know the one you need a magnifying glass to read. The way I figure it is I am a bit more on the clever side than you. People like you spent hours reading to learn about everything and anything. DJI also figured that out also. They created this forum so we can ask the people that do read everything about anything the stuff we want to know. It's a big time saver. Be safe wear a mask.
2020-6-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

mrrz500n Posted at 6-30 19:37
Labroides. I guess you were one of those that knew everything about anything when you first got something. Because you read everything. Including the warranty about the plastic a product was shipped in. You know the one you need a magnifying glass to read. The way I figure it is I am a bit more on the clever side than you. People like you spent hours reading to learn about everything and anything. DJI also figured that out also. They created this forum so we can ask the people that do read everything about anything the stuff we want to know. It's a big time saver. Be safe wear a mask.

The way I figure it is I am a bit more on the clever side than you.
You figure that do you?
How do you come to that conclusion?

You're so smart you can't work out what happens when you hit RTH even though the manual explains it clearly?
Even when I point out, that there's only one way it could work?
On the available evidence, the way I figure it is that you're just a dickhead.
Feel free to ask any other basic questions that you can find the answers to in the manual.
2020-6-30
Use props
mrrz500n
lvl.2
United States

Let see. I don't recall saying I was hitting RTH. If I recall I said "lose connection". Maybe I should ask if hitting the RTH button after you lose connection works. Technically it won't because I lost connection. Anyway I won't ask you. You can't see the words to well with balls bouncing off your eyes. What's the problem. I never called you any sort of name. I just asked a simple question. And for doing so according to you, I'm not a clever dickhead. Did someone take a leak in your Post Toasties. Because you've  got issues. Not only at me but others. I can see others agree. Have a pleasant day and stay safe.
2020-7-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

mrrz500n Posted at 7-1 13:58
Let see. I don't recall saying I was hitting RTH. If I recall I said "lose connection". Maybe I should ask if hitting the RTH button after you lose connection works. Technically it won't because I lost connection. Anyway I won't ask you. You can't see the words to well with balls bouncing off your eyes. What's the problem. I never called you any sort of name. I just asked a simple question. And for doing so according to you, I'm not a clever dickhead. Did someone take a leak in your Post Toasties. Because you've  got issues. Not only at me but others. I can see others agree. Have a pleasant day and stay safe.

What's the problem. I never called you any sort of name. I just asked a simple question.
Hey moron ... You asked a question which I promptly answered, thinking I was helping a new flyer.
The response I got was a snarky PM calling me a smart ass and indicating that you still had no idea.

Let see. I don't recall saying I was hitting RTH. If I recall I said  "lose connection".
Let's see ... your thread title was: Flying below Home point and enabling RTH.
And the specific question you asked was:
Will it go up to the elevation you have set from your Home Point or from where the drone is when RTH is enabled?
No .. there's no mention of "lose connection" in there, dickhead.

Now for the prick that doesn't want to read the manual, here's a free (and undeserved) lesson.
Unless you change the default Loss of Signal action (almost no-one ever does), on loss of signal your drone will initiate RTH.
So my answer was appropriate and addressed your question.
What was not appropriate was the snotty responses from you.

Maybe I should ask if hitting the RTH button after  you lose connection works.
Technically it won't because I lost  connection.
Anyway I won't ask you. You can't see the words to well with  balls bouncing off your eyes.
Another completely unnecessary snotty jab at someone that went out of their way to help you?
You really are an offensive dickhead aren't you?

Of course  hitting the RTH button after  you lose connection won't work.
But if you read what I've written above you might learn something relevant and helpful.
And a little extra helpful info ... if you lose signal and push the RTH button after signal is regained, you would be cancelling the RTH that had commenced.

No go and read the RTH section of your manual.
It's all in the most important 4 pages of your manual and you'll find it on p15 here:  
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 2.0_en_20191211.pdf

2020-7-1
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

here is the scenario;
take of point altitude is, let say 500m from the sea level (mSL)
your rth is set  +100m (not from SL) just altitude from the relative ground.
drone flew down to hill and decent to elevation 400mSL but drone altimeter will show on screen -100m  because drone will use the take off location altitude as 0m regardless how high from the sea level ( am I right ?)
when you initiate rth  your drone will aim to reach again +100m .
once reached to rth point it will continue to ascend until altitude show +100m on your drone then will start to decent  
that is my understanding.....
2020-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules