1000 2 2020-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Last couple of days I've had a sudden image freeze in the goggles, signal go down to 3-5 and immediate loss of Signal and contact with the Quad.
The first time it occurred the signal and image reqppeared within about 3-5 and full contact resumed before anything critical happened.

Today it happened again but the signal did not reconnect until it was close to the ground and the last images I saw before it crashed.

I've been flying the DJI FPV system for about 6 months, in various circumstances, environments and flying often where this happened.

I try and keep an eye on the signal strength in the goggles and change direction, altitude or whatever it takes to strengthen the signal.

But these 2 times it seemed to happen suddenly and litterlly out of nowhere.

Btw...I was flying in a open area and strickly in line of sight at all times!

So it's becoming a big concern and wondered if anyone else has experienced anything similar!??

2020-6-22
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

My advice:

1. Check your air unit mmcx connections
2. Check that your air unit SD card is up to spec
3. Format SD cards in the goggles and air unit, not in a PC.
4. Consider flying without an SD card in your air unit.
5. Check your goggle power connection, consider adding some form of reinforcement.
2020-6-23
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

mc54 Posted at 6-23 07:13
My advice:

1. Check your air unit mmcx connections

Thanks for the feedback/suggestions.

To those point, I'm not familiar with MMCX connection.  
Can you further elaborate?

I rarely fly with a on-board air unit SD Card, which was the case in this instance.
Although, I wish I'd had a goggle SC Card to refer to the last image I saw in the goggles.

The other thing to note was I had a GPS unit on-board and although that information, regrettably is not recorded in the OSD...(hint hint DJI)...it was visible to my eyes and I should have voice recorded those coordinates to my cell phone before shutting off the goggles.  Then I'd have a more precise area to search for the quad.  Stupid of me, not to have done so.

Goggle power connection is a good observatiion but in this instance that didn't appear to be the problem.  The connection just appeared to dip momentarily, enough to freeze the image on screen and disruption the entire signal.  By the time it reconnected...maybe 20-30 seconds, the quad had flown some distance (fortunately towards me) but was too close to the ground and out of control when it barreled down to the ground.
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules