4837 24 2020-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeisenJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25266 ft
Germany

Hello,
I hope someone in the forum can help me.
In any case, many thanks.

I have had a Mavic Mini since Saturday.
Even the first pairing (according to the instructions) with the remote control was very problematic.
The cell phone was not recognized and the app did not go beyond the first step. As a newbie, that's very confusing.
It only worked after restarting my iPhone XR.
Then the remote control recognized the cell phone.

Since then, the connection between the remote control and the iPhone has broken off on every second flight.
I could not find any understandable reason. It happens absolutely irregularly in different states.

When the connection is broken, I connect my wife's iPhone 8 Plus that is recognized immediately and it can go on.
After my wife's cell phone was recognized, I can reconnect my cell phone immediately.
This is also recognized again and it goes on for a while.

If I only fly with my wife's iPhone (about 10 flights) it is absolutely no problem.
There have never been any disconnections here.

Is there any setting that can cause these crashes !?

rc_connection_lost.png

It can't be the hardware if it just doesn't work with the XR !?
The socket on my XR is as good as new, as I usually use inductive charging. The socket is therefore not used very often and all other cables work or I have never noticed anything here.

I would be very grateful for any kind of tips.
Thanks

2020-6-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Please try a different data capable cable and please check if the iPhone XR is up do date to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-6-25
Use props
Gabegard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9183 ft
United States

I'm not sure what the issue could be, but I have an iPhone XR from 2018 and I have never had any issues with my Mavic Mini.  It's the only device I have ever used to fly my drone.
2020-6-26
Use props
djiuser_KPQLOLm6HJC2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8698 ft
United Kingdom

I have a brand new mini and have experienced this Problem too with my XR, Its intermittent but also happens if i switch to my wife’s XR, I contacted DJ support on twitter but have not heard back yet. It happened around 10 minutes into my first long flight.  I have bought a new cable on amazon but have not had chance to fly it again,
2020-6-26
Use props
SeisenJ
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-25 22:10
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Please try a different data capable cable and please check if the iPhone XR is up do date to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hello, sorry but there is only one data cable in the standard dji package.
So you recommend to buy a 3rd party cable!?
2020-6-27
Use props
djiuser_KPQLOLm6HJC2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8698 ft
United Kingdom

SeisenJ Posted at 6-27 23:29
Hello, sorry but there is only one data cable in the standard dji package.

I bought another pair of cables from Amazon, I will see if they are any better when the wind dies down over here.
2020-6-28
Use props
SeisenJ
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_KPQLOLm6HJC2 Posted at 6-28 06:23
I bought another pair of cables from Amazon, I will see if they are any better when the wind dies down over here.

Would be thankful for any rewponse!!  
2020-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SeisenJ Posted at 6-27 23:29
Hello, sorry but there is only one data cable in the standard dji package.

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. With regards to this inquiry, if there is any spare data capable cable you can try on the said mobile device for us to isolate the issue. Since as posted earlier the iPhone 8 was working smoothly but the iPhone XR was the only device experiencing the issue after iOS update. If the issue still persists after this step there might be something inside the mobile device that is causing the issue other than the port. Thank you.
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_Wpf4JLp6GZFx
New

Spain

I am having exactly the same problem... I don’t understand, instead of and Iphone 8 I tried with an Iphone 6s and worked perfectly. Is there any solution to this problem? I’ve tried to uninstall and install again the all but doesn’t work... I feel so frustrated.
2020-7-25
Use props
fanse2f18b0f
New
Flight distance : 80817 ft
Spain

Same problem here, it works perfectly with an Android an an iPhone 10S, also the mini radar never shows the aircraft in the right place...
2020-9-7
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

You mentioned you restarted the phone.  Did you ReBoot it?
Press these buttons in a sequence
Top Left
Bottom Left
Hold the Right button
The phone will appear to shut off, but then you'll see the Apple symbol, you can release the button.
2020-9-7
Use props
fanse2f18b0f
New
Flight distance : 80817 ft
Spain

I tried reestarting, rebooting, reinstaling the app several times, loging out and in from the app, ussing a different cable, i sent the unit to repair but the problem persists only with iPhone XR
2020-9-7
Use props
djiuser_oJgnoPlQHL7i
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27057 ft
Canada

Any response yet? I’m having the same issue.
2020-9-13
Use props
Jason_Wolf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27057 ft
Canada

Have you heard back form DJI at all? I am having the same issue with XR. Controller and mavic work well together. If the RC not connected to mobile i can still fly and move the Gimble. When i use my gf iphone 8 plus it works well. Reset Iphone and it's up to date.

It works once in a while. In different places it stops working. Any tips or solutions?
2020-9-13
Use props
djiuser_8Tx5UQ96Ssnk
New
Germany

Hello, got my mavic Mini Last Weekend and have the Same Problems with my iPhone XR. From 10 times trying to connect. Maybe One time success. Its very frustrating because the old smartphone Huawei P20 from my wife has no Problems.

Is the IPhone XR Not Supported?

Please help.

Greets from Germany
2020-10-19
Use props
MadMacs
New

Germany

Same Probleme here with my XR. Works Fine with my son‘s iPhone 8.
Andy Solution?
2020-11-5
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I had the same problem with the iPhone.  It was due to debris in the Lightning Port.  It has happened twice to me.  I now clean and check the Lightning Port periodically.
2020-11-5
Use props
PreChass
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1316 ft

Austria

Hello,
i have the same issue with the Iphone XR. Sometimes it works, sometimes you start and it immediately loses connection.
I have tried everything from updating the phone to reinstalling the app. The error always comes back.
With other phones like the Iphone 7, I have never had any connection issues.

Greetings from Austria!
2021-4-27
Use props
djiuser_MDT2Rsk9RgFt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3707 ft
Hungary

I have the same issue with xr. With my wife’s iphone 11 it works well. I bought mini yesterday, this is my first drone so I thougth it’s my mistake.
2021-4-27
Use props
RedSky119
lvl.4
Canada

You could try JohnLietzke's suggestion in post #17. I was having the same issue with my iPhone XR and it ended up being a dirty lightning port. I aggressively cleaned the port with a soft bristle toothbrush and haven't had a problem since.
2021-4-27
Use props
tamas_feher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3707 ft
Hungary

My port is clear, I'm sure there's some problem with type of iPhone XR. I read some posts about the same problem but there's not any method to really solve it.
2021-5-9
Use props
Flying Maggot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 388675 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, just bought the DJI mini and have an iPhone XR too. Having lots of issue connecting it, but it works straight away and brilliantly with my old iPhone 6s and my wife's galaxy s10+. I've cleaned the lightening port and still nothing. Any updates on this issue? many thanks
2021-6-13
Use props
fairwaydoug
New

United States

I have the same issue.  Neither mine or my XR will work with the APP.  My iPad of all things works great but not convenient.   I did not see any fix for this in the forum.
2021-6-27
Use props
fairwaydoug
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-6-25 22:10

It is not the cable, works with the Ipad well.  We have two XR and neither of them will work with the App.  
2021-6-27
Use props
djiuser_vP5uxCtd5rf3
New
Germany

Experiencing the exact same issue with my XR. Everything works perfectly and reliably with my wife's iPhone SE, but on my XR I constantly lose connection (very quickly) or can't even establish one in the first place. I tried re-installing the app and rebooting the phone. Will probably try a 3rd party cable next.
2022-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules