1659 1 2020-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mcfetti
New
Flight distance : 2257 ft
United Kingdom

Newbie Drone operator here!

I found a possible way of getting firmware alerts via my mobile phone 24 x 7 and I don't need my Mavic Mini drone sychronised with my phone to hear about them.

I use a website called IFTTT.com which periodically checks the DJI twitter account for the words '#MavicMini' and 'firmware' and when it finds them it get sent to my mobile using an app called pushover.net  I use these website for other stuff so its easy for me just to add this check and appreciate it might be more challenging or not worth it for someone who wants to set this up specifically for this.
However those who are familiar with these apps might find this useful....my applet in IFTTT.com does this :

If New tweet from search for firmware OR Firmware OR FIRMWARE AND #MavicMini from:@DJISupport, then Send a Pushover notification

I ran this search in twitter directly and it pulled up all historic tweets with the words '#MavicMini' and 'firmware' so I have some confidence it'll works when another firmware gets released,
Of course these search words can be changed to any type of drone and of any make, you just have to know what words or hashtags are included in the tweet when they annouce new firmware updates and search for those instead.

2020-6-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2020-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now