Display recorded video without telemetry data on screen?
9530 8 2020-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danny Troy
lvl.2
United States

Just started using my Mini and was wondering if there is any way to not have telemetry displayed on the recorded video?  I just want a full screen of recorded video.  Thanks!
2020-6-23
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Telemetry doesn’t record to video, ensure you have a sad card in the drone
2020-6-23
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

If you have subtitles enabled in the app, the video also includes telemetry data, which in the display may or may not be visible depending on the settings of the viewer.
2020-6-23
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

Are you talking about a screen-recording including all the stuff displayed on the Fly App screen?  Or are you talking about white text, i.e. GPS data, overlayed at the bottom of your video screen when playing back the recorded video?

If it's the second case, that is a "subtitle" file, usually an SRT file.  If you're using something like VLC media player, there's an option to turn off subtitles.

Or, in the DJI Fly App, click on the three dots on the top right to bring up the settings menu, then Camera, Advanced Shooting Settings, scroll down to Video Subtitles and disable.
2020-6-23
Use props
Danny Troy
lvl.2
United States

Ah yes, it was the subtitle option turned on.  I had first tried it on my TV, using a medaplayer box to load the usb card.  When I tried it on my PC with VLC or a MS media player, the white text was gone.  Thanks for that good information.
2020-6-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Danny Troy. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared. It is great to know that after you have enabled the subtitle option on the DJI Fly application you were able to solve the said issue. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.

2020-6-25
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Worth noting subtitles (with GPS info) are not hard-coded into the video stream and can only be viewed when recorded (toggle switch on) with a suitable player, usually requiring a manual activation before the subtitles are played back. I think it is recommended to leave the subtitles ON unless you need them unavailable for privacy or other concealing reasons.
2020-6-25
Use props
Danny Troy
lvl.2
United States

m80116 Posted at 6-25 06:57
Worth noting subtitles (with GPS info) are not hard-coded into the video stream and can only be viewed when recorded (toggle switch on) with a suitable player, usually requiring a manual activation before the subtitles are played back. I think it is recommended to leave the subtitles ON unless you need them unavailable for privacy or other concealing reasons.

True, and it's easy enough to toggle them on or off. Better to have available, if for dome reason you need to see the info.
2020-6-25
Use props
AntonioTech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280860 ft
Ireland

Zbip57 Posted at 2020-6-23 07:52
Are you talking about a screen-recording including all the stuff displayed on the Fly App screen?  Or are you talking about white text, i.e. GPS data, overlayed at the bottom of your video screen when playing back the recorded video?

If it's the second case, that is a "subtitle" file, usually an SRT file.  If you're using something like VLC media player, there's an option to turn off subtitles.

Thanks for the info! I had the same problem and was wondering why the data on the screen
2022-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules