1281 15 2020-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martin.grosymail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1017871 ft
Canada

Hi,
I have a new Mavic pro 2 with low fly time. During my flights, the gimbal can't keep the horizon straight.
Keep in mind that I tested this in near perfect conditions with no wind and low altitude.

During flight the gimbal will loose the level at one point. Flying in one direction will be ok, then if I pan to another direction the horizon will be tilted.
This happen in video as well as during timelapses.
During the timelapse in course lock and front trajectory, the sequence will start with a levelled horizon but will end up with a 5 to maximum 10° offset.

I did full calibration as well as the gimbal auto calibration on a levelled surface many time. Seems good on the ground but as soon as I fly I have problem.

Another issue that I have is that for any reason, when trying to go full front straight with the right stick, the drone will drift sideway + rotate.
Again, I tested it in low altitude in a field without any wind and I can't go straight line, the center of the camera will always end off.

I'm wondering if it's normal on the mavic and I just need to accept those flaws ?
I had a phantom 4 for years and didn't experienced such problems.

It seems that this is a reccurent issue on the mavic 2, any advice will be appreciated.

ps: sorry for bad english -> french.

Cheers.

2020-6-23
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

I have seen an identical thread being posted here in the past... maybe you can find some more details there...?
2020-6-23
Use props
martin.grosymail.com
lvl.2
Canada

KDP + Posted at 6-23 10:54
I have seen an identical thread being posted here in the past... maybe you can find some more details there...?

Thanks. I will check it.
2020-6-23
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

unfortunately i had the same problem and had to return it:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=213030

but with my new one i think its still not fixed, cause sometimes it happens again. My MM had no issues with the horizon level at all...

it seems to me that it is a new problem with newer build dates ... would you please be so kind to chek your serial number here:

http://tools.retroroms.info/

and post your productions date ?

Thanks!
2020-6-24
Use props
martin.grosymail.com
lvl.2
Canada

Mini User Posted at 6-24 00:51
unfortunately i had the same problem and had to return it:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=213030

Hi,
Here is what the tool told me based on my Serial :
Model: Unknown, build on: 1. August 2019
2020-6-24
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

martin.grosymail.com Posted at 6-24 12:23
Hi,
Here is what the tool told me based on my Serial :
Model: Unknown, build on: 1. August 2019

My first one was from November 2019 and had this issue, as strong as yours, my replacment one ist from december 2019 and still has this issue but not that strong...

@DJI is something faulty with your manufacturing process in this time period? Cause every cause with tilted horizons is in this relatively short time period...
i might send my replacement drone in and hope for the best...
2020-6-24
Use props
martin.grosymail.com
lvl.2
Canada

Mini User Posted at 6-24 23:50
My first one was from November 2019 and had this issue, as strong as yours, my replacment one ist from december 2019 and still has this issue but not that strong...

@DJI is something faulty with your manufacturing process in this time period? Cause every cause with tilted horizons is in this relatively short time period...

Thanks for sharing your experience,
I put a GDrive with some footage describing the issue :
https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... 0TbBFMZ?usp=sharing

I also noticed that the camera doesn't come back aligned with the drone sometimes.
That mean when I will go straight front with the drone, the image will look going sideway. It's almost impossible to do a clean straight move forward shot.

Please note that I'm using drones in a professional context and have a background in high end VR cameras systems. I tested carefully the unit in 0 wind condition and low altitude before jumping to conclusion.

Best.

M.
2020-6-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash? Kindly please check the camera mode, if it is on FPV mode please switch it to follow mode. If issue still persist, please refresh the firmware of the said drone using the DJI Assistant 2 and calibrate the gimbal. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-6-25
Use props
martin.grosymail.com
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-25 21:52
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash? Kindly please check the camera mode, if it is on FPV mode please switch it to follow mode. If issue still persist, please refresh the firmware of the said drone using the DJI Assistant 2 and calibrate the gimbal. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi,
- the unit is like new with low flight time, never been crashed, damaged nor hard landing.
- follow mode is activated. Switch from FPV to follow has been made.
-clean reinstall of the firmware has been done as well as calibration.

I’m a pro user, I take great care of the gear and did extensive testing without success in resolving the issue.
2020-6-26
Use props
Brent848
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57480 ft
United States

For what its worth, I had the same problem. Massive tilt in certain directions. I sent it in on warranty, they diagnosed it with a bad gimbal arm. Today I recieved what I presume is a refurbished drone (different serial number) with a January 2020 manufacturing date, the original was November 2019. Did a couple test flights and 0 issues. I don't know how I feel about paying full price to end up with a refurb a month later, but it does look new.

The most you can do is send it in and see what happens. Others have done the same exact process just to recieve a different drone with the same problem.
2020-6-26
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

" I don't know how I feel about paying full price to end up with a refurb a month later, but it does look new.

If you got yours back it also would be a "refurb"; not new.  As long as it works and looks no worse than the one you sent in does it really matter?
2020-6-26
Use props
Brent848
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57480 ft
United States

If you bought a car, and the radio quit after 2 weeks, would you be OK getting a car back that someone else presumably crashed but the radio indeed worked? Is the mainboard weakened from a crash? How much use did the motors get? I know that what I had wasnt used, and now I dont know.

For something that all together costed a little less than $3,000 USD, it does matter. I paid full price, and recieved a defective unit. I didnt get it to them in the 15 day window, I wasted time with forums and "support". I sent it to them 28 days in, so I dont qualify for a "new" replacement. I didnt buy a refurbished drone, I'm not being reimbursed the difference. I paid full price to recieve a refurbished, albeit working drone 45 days after I bought it. Doesnt sit great.
2020-6-27
Use props
martin.grosymail.com
lvl.2
Canada

I will second Brent848 on this, I don't like the idea of getting a refurnished product as replacement from a defect unit.

When I send back a product, let's say my computer, for an anormal issue covered by the warranty I expect :
- complete reparation.
or
- replacement with new unit.

A refurbished unit, even with the verification process can carry flaws.

I paid a à good chunk of money for this product, and I'm really frustrated by the issue in the first place for that price.
I really expect to have a clean reparation or a new unit as replacement .

Will keep you posted.

Thanks
2020-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

martin.grosymail.com Posted at 6-26 03:13
Hi,
- the unit is like new with low flight time, never been crashed, damaged nor hard landing.
- follow mode is activated. Switch from FPV to follow has been made.

Thank you for the additional information. Since the issue still persists after multiple troubleshooting. I would recommend to pleases contact our DJI Support team to further diagnose the cause of the issue. Rest assured that our DJI support team will do their best to assists you regarding this matter. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-6-28
Use props
martin.grosymail.com
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-28 19:24
Thank you for the additional information. Since the issue still persists after multiple troubleshooting. I would recommend to pleases contact our DJI Support team to further diagnose the cause of the issue. Rest assured that our DJI support team will do their best to assists you regarding this matter. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.

Hi,
Ok, will do it.
Thanks
2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are more than welcome. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said drone. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules