course lock
740 6 2020-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_6sY2JRXmnnMJ
lvl.2
Croatia

Has anyone tried using RTH as a poor man's course lock? During the RTH you still have full control of the orientation of the camera. Just initialise RTH to make a flyby of a interesting objest and concentrate on keeping it in view, without also having to pilot the drone. That way you get very similar functionality to the course lock of the more advanced models.

2020-6-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would love to see course lock make a return.
2020-6-23
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

I have seen that people use a new homepoint ahead of the desired path, then initiate a RTH and the drone go to the new homepoint. that can be useful. I plan on trying that eventually, once the hidious wind stop here.
2020-6-24
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, I mount my controller to my mountain bike handle bar.  It’s ok for getting so B roll footage.
2020-6-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you plan it correctly, you should get some footage that’s quite good.
2020-6-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Back in the day that was called home lock - once set you pulled the pitch stick back and the drone would fly back to the home point in a straight line under your manual control. Course lock went from point A to point B in any direction that you locked and you could free yaw the drone without changing the heading of the flight path. It was my favourite flight mode on the Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 Pro and would be the one old school flight mode that I would bring back to the modern drones today if I could.
2020-6-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules