Missing Father's Day Gift
716 2 2020-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oversight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226683 ft
United States

Add me to the list of Fathers Day gifts stuck in Memphis.  

My wife asked me what I wanted for Father's Day, I said the new Mavic Air 2, to replace my previous Mavic Air.
First I told her to wait for the Father's Day Sale, (mistake), and then I showed her the DJI Father's Day ad (and yes, I subscribe to email ads from DJI).

I also have 'DJI Select' (several years), I always buy 'DJI Care Refresh'

I took Friday and Monday off work to enjoy the weekend with family.
We had a good time, and it was great having conversations why the drone was worth the wait.

That said, my wife was pretty disappointed that all I got for Father's Day was a card (no gift).

I don't see any reason for DJI to wait until mid-June to hold the 'Father's Day Sale', if in fact they know there is a risk (with COVID19) that things will get delayed.
Even with the small number of drones that I have purchased, I should not be responsible for calculating the 'real expected data of arrival'

Estimations are always more accurate with more data, and DJI has 1,000x more delivery data than any customer.  
Please don't tell me what the risks are, please decide what promises you can make and keep.  Then keep your promises.

If you promise a happy family moment on Father's day, please keep that promise.

My wife couldn't care less about drones.  She *was* a customer because I asked her to belive your promise.
What do I tell her at Chrismas, or my Birthday, or my kids birthday.  She now knows we can't trust DJI to keep their promise.  Should I say, "it's ok that presents show up 1-2 weeks after we go back to work and no longer have the time off to enjoy the gifts?" Is that what I say?  You think she cares what's in the box?  All she cares about is the pictures she gets to post on the holiday?  And this year, it was me with a card, no gift.

If you don't know how to estimate delivery dates, please don't make the promises you can't keep.  It doesn't help anything.

2020-6-23
Use props
djiuser_sgQ7eU2h0gf2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187694 ft
United States

I couldn't have said it better!
2020-6-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry that you couldn't receive the Father's Day gift timely. I have managed to get your order number via your forum account, as per check, it has been split into two orders, shipped out by DHL and FedEx, I have forwarded it to our logistics team to help you keep an eye on it, hope you will receive it soon.
By the way, your feedback about the 'Father's Day Sale' will be forwarded to the related team too, we'll keep improving to provide better service to you all. Thank you so much for your kind understanding.
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules