7352 22 2020-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_frRKtJdMuFjD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178740 ft
Belgium

Hello,

Since i updated to the latest firmware, a couple of days ago, it is noted that the APAS is no longer working, with the slider in the ON position
When in front of an obstacle, the drone just stops, end of the story. Cycling the option of and back on is no change.

Also, active tracking does no longer following the selected object.....The camera follows the selected object, but the drone remains in hover.
Can somebody help please? Prior this firmware update, these problems were not present!

Kind Regards,

Eric

2020-6-23
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I would try and re-install the firmware update...maybe through DJI assistant 2.
2020-6-23
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Rustic17 Posted at 6-23 14:01
I would try and re-install the firmware update...maybe through DJI assistant 2.

Same here Sometimes it works perfect and some others is dead. And some other times stops in action saying there is a very narrow space and there is no obstacle at all.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=218785
2020-6-23
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Make sure you are flying in Normal mode. ASAP does not work in Tripod or Sport.

Mirek
2020-6-23
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have noticed some hesitation when it encounters nearby obstacles, especially if there is no safe path. But if the target moves far enough, it does work. I was doing a demo for my family today and it did stop short. There were a lot of trees and bushes all around, no way to go over or under anything. I waved my arms around and it did follow me eventually through the middle. It was almost like beconning a dog ;-)
2020-6-23
Use props
djiuser_frRKtJdMuFjD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178740 ft
Belgium

Ok, reinstalled the latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2, and no more complaints. Is it recommended to update via DJI Assistant, or will WiFi do the trick to?

Kind Regards,

Eric
2020-6-24
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Mirek L Posted at 6-23 17:05
Make sure you are flying in Normal mode. ASAP does not work in Tripod or Sport.

Mirek

Yes I am in normal mode
2020-6-24
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

djiuser_frRKtJdMuFjD Posted at 6-24 00:47
Ok, reinstalled the latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2, and no more complaints. Is it recommended to update via DJI Assistant, or will WiFi do the trick to?

I already did that but I will test it tomorrow
2020-6-24
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

Niknik Posted at 6-24 13:30
I already did that but I will test it tomorrow

any update about the issue? already solved with re-install using dji asst?
2020-6-24
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

Still working and very well, no issue with the update.

2020-6-24
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Originalas Posted at 6-24 23:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr4Gh8GZx2o

2020-6-25
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Niknik Posted at 6-25 11:40
https://youtu.be/FAbt-V7WK44

And another one in a more clear path totally out of obstacles

2020-6-26
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems 3.0
The Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems 3.0 (APAS 3.0) feature is available in Normal mode. When APAS is enabled, the aircraft continues to respond to user commands and plans its path according to both control stick inputs and the flight environment. APAS makes it easier to avoid obstacles, obtain smoother footage, and gives a better flying experience.
Keep moving the pitch stick forward or backward. The aircraft will avoid the obstacles by flying above, below, or to the left or right of the obstacle. The aircraft will also respond to other control sticks movements simultaneously.
When APAS is enabled, the aircraft can be brought to a stop by pressing the Flight Pause button on the remote controller or tapping Stop on the screen in DJI Fly. The aircraft hovers for three seconds and awaits further pilot commands.
To enable APAS, open DJI Fly, enter System Settings>Safety, and enable APAS.
  • APAS is disabled when using Intelligent Flight modes and recording at high resolution such as 2.7K 48/50/60 fps, 1080p 48/50/60/120/240 fps, and 4K 48/50/60 fps.
  • APAS is only available when flying forward and backward. If the aircraft flies left or right, APAS is disabled.
  • Make sure you use APAS when the Forward and Backward Vision Systems are available. Be sure there are no people, animals, objects with small surface areas (e.g., tree branches), or transparent objects (e.g., glass or water) along the desired flight path.
  • Make sure you use APAS when the Downward Vision System is available or the GPS signal is strong. APAS may not function properly when the aircraft is flying over water or snow-covered area.
  • Be extra cautious when flying in extremely dark (<300 lux) or bright (>10,000 lux) environments. Pay attention to DJI Fly and ensure the aircraft is working in APAS mode normally.

2020-6-26
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

Niknik Posted at 6-26 08:39
And another one in a more clear path totally out of obstacles

https://youtu.be/TlU6PWPLrsc

Yes - while Active Track is now leaps and bounds better than it used to be, there is a lot of room for improvement.
If you want close to perfect tracking, get Skydio 2.

Mirek
2020-6-26
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 6-26 08:51
Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems 3.0
The Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems 3.0 (APAS 3.0) feature is available in Normal mode. When APAS is enabled, the aircraft continues to respond to user commands and plans its path according to both control stick inputs and the flight environment. APAS makes it easier to avoid obstacles, obtain smoother footage, and gives a better flying experience.
Keep moving the pitch stick forward or backward. The aircraft will avoid the obstacles by flying above, below, or to the left or right of the obstacle. The aircraft will also respond to other control sticks movements simultaneously.

Yes, it is like that so?
2020-6-26
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Mirek L Posted at 6-26 10:18
Yes - while Active Track is now leaps and bounds better than it used to be, there is a lot of room for improvement.
If you want close to perfect tracking, get Skydio 2.

My problem is that the exact same route one time works perfectly and another time freezes with no reason in a non-obstacle area. I think somewhere in all that algorithm there are some mistakes like the one command kills another one and that's why this happens. I know they can fix it sure in the next firmware. That's why I insist to help find the conflicts and fix them. I know it can do more than that is only command lines.
2020-6-26
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

Niknik Posted at 6-26 14:02
My problem is that the exact same route one time works perfectly and another time freezes with no reason in a non-obstacle area. I think somewhere in all that algorithm there are some mistakes like the one command kills another one and that's why this happens. I know they can fix it sure in the next firmware. That's why I insist to help find the conflicts and fix them. I know it can do more than that is only command lines.

Yes - I'm sure it will get better.
You cannot do miracles without side sensors but DJI can certainly improve their algorithms. And they will. They always do.

Mirek
2020-6-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Eric. I ams orry to know that you are having issue with the APAS of your DJI Mavic Air2 and it is good to know that after reinstalling the firmware of the said drone lthe issue was solved. In addition, the DJI Mavic Air 2 is equipped with the Advanced Pilot Assistance System 3.0 ( APAS 3.0 ) feature and it is available in Normal Mode. When APAS is enabled, the aircraft continues to respond to user command and plans its path according to both control stick input and the flight environment. APAS makes it easier to avoid obstacle, obtain smoother footage, and gives a better flying experience. Keep moving the pitch stick forward or backward. The drone will avoid the obstacle by flying above, below, or to the left or right of the obstacle. The drone will also respond to other control sticks movement simultaneously. When APAS is enabled, the drone can be brought to a stop by pressing the Flight Pause button on the remote controller or tapping Stop on the screen in the DJI Fly. The aircraft hovers for three seconds and awaits further pilot commands. To enable APAS, open the DJI Fly application, enter System Settings>Safety, and enable APAS. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_t7F74EZIqY28
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112641 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-6-28 22:37
Hello there Eric. I ams orry to know that you are having issue with the APAS of your DJI Mavic Air2 and it is good to know that after reinstalling the firmware of the said drone lthe issue was solved. In addition, the DJI Mavic Air 2 is equipped with the Advanced Pilot Assistance System 3.0 ( APAS 3.0 ) feature and it is available in Normal Mode. When APAS is enabled, the aircraft continues to respond to user command and plans its path according to both control stick input and the flight environment. APAS makes it easier to avoid obstacle, obtain smoother footage, and gives a better flying experience. Keep moving the pitch stick forward or backward. The drone will avoid the obstacle by flying above, below, or to the left or right of the obstacle. The drone will also respond to other control sticks movement simultaneously. When APAS is enabled, the drone can be brought to a stop by pressing the Flight Pause button on the remote controller or tapping Stop on the screen in the DJI Fly. The aircraft hovers for three seconds and awaits further pilot commands. To enable APAS, open the DJI Fly application, enter System Settings>Safety, and enable APAS. Thank you and fly safe always.

I just got my mavic air 2, so I'm a bit late to the game however, I noticed that with the apas 3.0 when I use the controller to control my drone, it does not like to go around objects, it just hovers in normal mode. I tried refreshing the firmware in the dji assistant on my laptop for the drone and the controller and it didn't fix the problem. The apas 3.0 seems to work fine in the active track, but using the controller it falls short.
2021-1-19
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

I'm not sure mine isn't working the same as yours.  I'll make a note to check it next time I fly and post it here.
2021-1-19
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I flew the other day and had APAS brake constantly and not ByPass.  I figured out that the setting was wrong in the DJI Fly app.  I have been using the ByPass since I got it and can not figure out how it got changed other than during some update in the past couple of weeks.
2021-1-19
Use props
djiuser_oweWfIO8QeXL
New
Faroe Islands

I was flying sideways following a boat low over the sea, and the drone crashed into a larger boat, only warning I got was loss of connection and it was gone. It did not stop  by the side sensors, Mavic 2 Pro.
2022-6-5
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Originalas Posted at 2020-6-24 23:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr4Gh8GZx2o

Looks like it is doing what it is supposed too, thank you for sharing, and the interesting scenery.
2022-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules