Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Several issues????????????
2278 26 2020-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicZoom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1063 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just took my drone out to fly and I got it up to where i wanted to be but notice it was just sinking/lowering down... received error message "IMU initializing do not move aircraft until initialization is complete" so i brought it back down and landed it(i still had an image) and read the message so I let it go thinking it would take a couple minutes only issue is it never completes... while I was in the air I had an image until I started to bring the A/C down... I went through my three batteries and still did not complete... here are some pictures...

kinda sucks I have only flown the A/C less then 20 times since Christmas it was a gift I keep in in the case when not in use and the gimble cover is always on as well... it was actually kept like a baby... never crashed, dropped always in my line of sight never near any trees I have an open space across the street and that is where I always fly...  WTF!!!!!!

This is really disappointing to say the least.

Any help would be appreicated....

IMG_20200623_164856.jpg
IMG_20200623_164918.jpg
IMG_20200623_171407.jpg
IMG_20200623_171431.jpg
IMG_20200623_171922.jpg
2020-6-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

That's what a warranty is for, send it back.
2020-6-23
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC

2020-6-23
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 6-23 15:07
Refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC

It does not recognize the drone anymore... will not connect... It was purchased at BestBuy in Nov 2019 who does the warranty go under?  BestBuy or DJI... BestBuy only has a 30 day return policy... i never have used an warranty on any of my tech... so not sure how to proceed?
This just blows!
Also states that there is no SD card nor internal memory

Thanks  

2020-6-23
Use props
Gregg F
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40846 ft
United States

MavicZoom Posted at 6-23 17:10
It does not recognize the drone anymore... will not connect... It was purchased at BestBuy in Nov 2019 who does the warranty go under?  BestBuy or DJI... BestBuy only has a 30 day return policy... i never have used an warranty on any of my tech... so not sure how to proceed?
This just blows!

It would go back to DJI for Warranty Service.
https://www.dji.com/support
2020-6-23
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MavicZoom Posted at 6-23 17:10
It does not recognize the drone anymore... will not connect... It was purchased at BestBuy in Nov 2019 who does the warranty go under?  BestBuy or DJI... BestBuy only has a 30 day return policy... i never have used an warranty on any of my tech... so not sure how to proceed?
This just blows!

Make sure you have the drone powered on when you connect it to the PC.

If the usb connect and disconnect tones are going off when you connect the AC via a usb cable to PC, then you don't have the right driver for the connection

Have you installed the correct version of DJI Assistant 2, it's on this page , it is a different version to one used for the Spark ?

https://www.dji.com/au/mavic-air-2/downloads

If you have installed this version, go into the folder and re-run the driver install batch file. Pick the file relevant for your system either the 32bit or 64bit

2020-6-23
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 6-23 22:53
Make sure you have the drone powered on when you connect it to the PC.

Okay I checked my version this morning and it is not the same as the one that you provided ... When I return home tonight from work I will update Assistant and connect  drone to see what happens... fingers crossed!

Thanks
Dave
2020-6-24
Use props
KDP +
lvl.4
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

MavicZoom Posted at 6-24 05:59
Okay I checked my version this morning and it is not the same as the one that you provided ... When I return home tonight from work I will update Assistant and connect  drone to see what happens... fingers crossed!

Thanks

Good luck and keep us updated.
2020-6-24
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Will do... I'm a nurse so I work 12 hour shifts and its driving me crazy.... LOL
2020-6-24
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Okay updated the DJI Assistant and it did not work.... tried it on 3 different computers and the same thing... when I plug it in the USB I hear the windows tune that it is connecting... but the DJI assistant does not detect it... when i connect it to my pc it comes up under device manager as a diskdrive "Linux File-Stor GadgetUSB Device"... I left it plugged in for about 3 minutes or so and it just goes off and on with the windows connect sound...  I just guess i am screwed at this point... thanks for trying to help... guess I have to ship it to God knows where...

thanks again...
2020-6-24
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MavicZoom Posted at 6-24 16:18
Okay updated the DJI Assistant and it did not work.... tried it on 3 different computers and the same thing... when I plug it in the USB I hear the windows tune that it is connecting... but the DJI assistant does not detect it... when i connect it to my pc it comes up under device manager as a diskdrive "Linux File-Stor GadgetUSB Device"... I left it plugged in for about 3 minutes or so and it just goes off and on with the windows connect sound...  I just guess i am fucked at this point... thanks for trying to help... guess I have to ship it to God knows where...

thanks again...

Did you re-run the usb driver batch files on win10 machine as opposed to linux ?
2020-6-25
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I only have Windows machines.... I installed the new ver of assistant on all machines and tried to connect did not work... then on all machines re-ran the driver file still did not work.... i am shipping it out today!

Thanks
2020-6-26
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Well shipped out to Texas... stay tuned will update when I find out something?
2020-6-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MavicZoom Posted at 6-26 13:36
Well shipped out to Texas... stay tuned will update when I find out something?

Glad you did the right thing and shipped it back - sorry to read you had to waste so much time faffing about before making that decision. When a drone has that many errors a FW refresh is never the answer, warranty cover is.  
2020-6-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MavicZoom. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and it is good to know that the said drone is already shipped to our DJI Facility for further assessment. Rest assured that our DJI Support Team will do there best to check the said issue and a proper resolution will be provided. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-6-28
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The sad part about this is that I had the Drone since Nov 2019 it was a gift bought on Black Friday... I had it in the air less then 20 times total since then just due to lack of time to fly and most of my flying time was getting to learn how to fly it... with electronics I fear once it is opened up from original it never truly works correctly again...  I feel that I have done everything correctly with handling the drone and taking care of it however there always seemed to be a glitch somewhere software issues with every new update and stuff like that  something always seemed off... I am a novice at this and although I say I've only flown less then 20 times I spent a lot of time with drone sitting on my table updating firmware/software and getting to know all the controls of  the AC its just disappointing and I just sold my Spark a couple weeks ago... I fear that I will not trust flying it again when I get it back...
2020-6-29
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed in one screen shot that your battery was at 20%...and the other shows 46%.....Those readings are most likely a fictitious numbers and those batteries weren't supplying enough voltage to the system.

At any point did you try a 100% full battery?

I realize it's already headed off to support land........

Randy
2020-6-29
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 6-29 11:07
I noticed in one screen shot that your battery was at 20%...and the other shows 46%.....Those readings are most likely a fictitious numbers and those batteries weren't supplying enough voltage to the system.

At any point did you try a 100% full battery?

Good Catch, but before I upgraded to the newer version of the DJI Assistant and tried everything again I charged my 3 batteries to full... and tried each one of them in the drone all with the same results!
2020-6-29
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

MavicZoom Posted at 6-29 11:27
Good Catch, but before I upgraded to the newer version of the DJI Assistant and tried everything again I charged my 3 batteries to full... and tried each one of them in the drone all with the same results!

Ok cool,

I hope DJI gets you covered sooner rather than later!!  Happy flying!
2020-6-29
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Okay UPS tracking says it was delivered and the next day I received this email...

"Dear Customer,

Due to COVID-19 prevention and traffic controls, we are sorry to inform you that if your device has been delivered by North America UPS Post, package receiving is expected to be delayed in our facility. Kindly notice that we will proceed your case as soon as we can.

Your understanding and patience are highly appreciated."

So I guess I wait now....

2020-7-3
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

SO I got my drone back yesterday...

DJI service was very good at keeping me informed the entire process... with that said  I got an invoice stating that they had to replace the IMU module and the ESC Board Module at no cost to me which I though was great... however I got a different drone back... it is not the one I sent... my Aircraft registration tags are gone and the drone itself serial number inside on the sticker do not match the serial number of the drone I sent in to them?  SO what or whose did I get back?  The drone I got back did have the clear tabs all over it covering the lights, gimbel and other areas...
I did get to fly it last night but not for long just wanted to see how it did took it up to max height and around in a circle and brought it home as it was dark... I updated the firmware using the new DJI assistant for Mavics and will try again tonight and fly more on Wednesday as I am off from work.   

But what Drone did I get back is my question??????

2020-7-21
Use props
fans177681fe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1194662 ft
United States

If you bought the DJI Care Refresh, they may have sent you a new drone.
2020-7-21
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans177681fe Posted at 7-21 09:17
If you bought the DJI Care Refresh, they may have sent you a new drone.

Hey Fans177681... I did not have the DJI Care Refresh...
2020-7-21
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

MavicZoom Posted at 7-21 05:42
SO I got my drone back yesterday...

DJI service was very good at keeping me informed the entire process... with that said  I got an invoice stating that they had to replace the IMU module and the ESC Board Module at no cost to me which I though was great... however I got a different drone back... it is not the one I sent... my Aircraft registration tags are gone and the drone itself serial number inside on the sticker do not match the serial number of the drone I sent in to them?  SO what or whose did I get back?  The drone I got back did have the clear tabs all over it covering the lights, gimbel and other areas...

So has anyone else ever had to send their drone in for repair and got a completely different returned to them?  the drone i sent in was tagged with me reg # and the serial number does not match... just wondering if it happened to anyone else... i mean the one i got is working okay right now...

thanks
2020-8-20
Use props
TerminalVelocity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6248064 ft
  • >>>
United States

MavicZoom Posted at 8-20 14:21
So has anyone else ever had to send their drone in for repair and got a completely different returned to them?  the drone i sent in was tagged with me reg # and the serial number does not match... just wondering if it happened to anyone else... i mean the one i got is working okay right now...

thanks

I had a Smart Controller fail and so sent it to DJI in Texas for repair.  They responded with what the problem was and the cost, but when I received the controller back, it was brand new with all the protective wrap and stickers similar to your replacement drone.  Zero cost to me as it was still under warranty. I suspect if your replacement drone arrived in mint condition with no blemishes with all the stickers in place, it was new also.  If you're happy with it, I wouldn't worry about it and press on.  Hope your long hours at work situation has improved so you can fly the heck out of it.  All the best.  
2020-8-24
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

TerminalVelocity Posted at 8-24 18:13
I had a Smart Controller fail and so sent it to DJI in Texas for repair.  They responded with what the problem was and the cost, but when I received the controller back, it was brand new with all the protective wrap and stickers similar to your replacement drone.  Zero cost to me as it was still under warranty. I suspect if your replacement drone arrived in mint condition with no blemishes with all the stickers in place, it was new also.  If you're happy with it, I wouldn't worry about it and press on.  Hope your long hours at work situation has improved so you can fly the heck out of it.  All the best.

Thanks TerminalVelocity... had a mini vacation in Maryland last week took the Zoom with me and it worked fantastic... i am guessing that it is all good... still a bit afraid to fly thinking that it is just going to drop from the sky and that will be it but i flew onward... thanks to everyone on this message that I posted...

2020-9-1
Use props
TerminalVelocity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6248064 ft
  • >>>
United States

MavicZoom Posted at 9-1 08:57
Thanks TerminalVelocity... had a mini vacation in Maryland last week took the Zoom with me and it worked fantastic... i am guessing that it is all good... still a bit afraid to fly thinking that it is just going to drop from the sky and that will be it but i flew onward... thanks to everyone on this message that I posted...

That's great news!   Hope all continues as is going forward.  We don't have much control over internal errors or failures, so all you can do is continue to be attentive with your inspections and watch for little clues while flying as well as periodically review your flight data  for any unusual notifications.  Take care and happy flying.
2020-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules