I think we should have an idiot contest... See this video
2880 17 2015-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

Check out the video this guy made doing third person video to drive his Jeep. Even he suffers from the dreaded video lag. I sure hope this doesn't start fad of stupidity.   http://youtu.be/tVOBikGR9Ns

-Dog

2015-6-17
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Mmmmmm Now I've seen it all! OMG!

One word... NUTS! hehe!
2015-6-17
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-17
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-18 07:31
Can someone explain the video lag? He mentioned a couple of seconds which is a significant delay.

For some reason after the P3 pilot app has been running depending on the firmware you get video lag no matter how far or close the aircraft it to you.

Just read the latest firmware update problem that peeps are complaining about overheating.

-Dog
2015-6-17
Use props
Paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4596 ft
Canada

And so, no one touching the controller or keeping LoS on the drone.  *SMH*
2015-6-18
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

Paul@siess.ca Posted at 2015-6-18 23:36

Like I said, if we start a thread for an idiot contest I nominate this guy.  I'm sure there's other ones out there that can top this guy though.

-Dog
2015-6-18
Use props
Paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4596 ft
Canada

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-18 23:40
Like I said, if we start a thread for an idiot contest I nominate this guy.  I'm sure there's other ...

More proof that Darwin was right.  
2015-6-18
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

Paul@siess.ca Posted at 2015-6-18 23:36

You think?

-Dog
2015-6-19
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-18 07:31
Can someone explain the video lag? He mentioned a couple of seconds which is a significant delay.

Did you see the RC antenna position on his video ?
2015-6-19
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

Ulysse Posted at 2015-6-20 15:47
Did you see the RC antenna position on his video ?

Yeah I saw that... I still don't know who is more stupid, the fact that the guy leaves are remote control sitting up on the top of the roll cage while he operates the jeep or the father for being a human road cone.

The other thing that gets me is...  He states in the beginning of the video that he has permission to operate on the property.  But then @ 4:11 he states that he see some security guards watching them but they don't seem to be doing anything which leads me to believe the jerk-off didn't have permission.

I hope the FAA is trolling YouTube and find his video and get him. We have a hard enough time trying to keep a good name about multi-copters.
-Dog

2015-6-20
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-18 23:40
Like I said, if we start a thread for an idiot contest I nominate this guy.  I'm sure there's other ...

Never overestimate human stupidity.
2015-6-26
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

It's a brave new world... I fear this is what the USA is becoming.
2015-6-26
Use props
Louis Eng
lvl.2

South Africa

To me it looks like father and son fun in controlled invironment
2015-6-27
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

young.selina@ro Posted at 2015-6-27 17:14
[/td][/tr]
[/table][/td][/tr]
[/table]

The fact that he puts the controller up on the roll cage and puts the FPV hood on and drives is a pretty good indicator that he is not in control of the P3.  How fast do you think he could react if the P3 were to fly away and potentially hit one of those security guards or his dad?  

I would agree with you if he were in the middle salt flats in Utah. But no, he is taking a risk with our sport and violating at least two if not more of the FAA rules that are in place.

-Dog
2015-6-27
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-28 01:09
The fact that he puts the controller up on the roll cage and puts the FPV hood on and drives is a  ...

As one of my friends keeps saying almost daily - "There is no shortage of stupid in this country."
2015-6-27
Use props
BoostedPhantom
lvl.2

United States

everyone please dislike..
2015-6-27
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-28 01:09
The fact that he puts the controller up on the roll cage and puts the FPV hood on and drives is a  ...

Does he really need to control the P3? He put it up in a GPS locked hover. Isn't that what most of us do for certain photographic situations. I have done it to shoot time laps sunsets while sitting on my deck. LOS maintained, TX sitting on table within reach. battery gets low, P3 RTH if needed. I don't see anything reckless with what this guy was doing. It was a controlled experiment with some lessons learned (video lag). Flame On!!!!
2015-6-27
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

P3PO Posted at 2015-6-28 02:10
Does he really need to control the P3? He put it up in a GPS locked hover. Isn't that what most of ...

Yes he does... Do you think it's okay for both pilot and copilot to leave the cockpit just because the plane is on autopilot?  Your saying that putting 100% of your trust in DJI's never failing technology is safe?  Yeah right.  DJI's technology is only experimental at best, that said hands on controller at all times unless landed and powered down.

His flipping battery warning is going off!  There is a potential that it can hit someone and he would not be able to get to jeep into park, take off the hood and grab the controller then attempted to re-gain contoll of the aircraft in a timely manner.

I am sure that if this guy's P3 made the news because it had crashed into one of the security guards and seriously injured him. You would be saying that he was an idiot for what he did and people like him are going to be the reason drones have a bad wrap. I am proactive I want this technology to be something that we can enjoy with responsibility for years to come.

Stupid is stupid does...

-Dog

2015-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules