Inspire 1 TB47 TB-48 Why?
5788 17 2020-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blown Skies
New

Australia

I'm sure there are plenty of other threads just like this one but this warrants a new thread I believe, my only hope is that it doesn’t get removed because as paying consumers/professionals I think we deserve an actual answer of substance or a solution rather than the some hog wash response.

The Inspire 1 is no longer in production, yes, we are aware. The TB-47 and TB-48 are no longer in production yes, we have heard this many times...... wait a minute... Look at this. https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/dji-inspire-1-raw-official-dji-refurbished-dji/

Yes, I understand these Inspire 1's are refurbished, but I don’t believe the batteries are refurbished (please correct me if I'm wrong). If they are refurbished, then why are all of us Inspire 1 owners not afforded this service?

The Inspire 1 is a rock-solid work horse and currently many owners are searching high and low on the web in the hope of finding a battery that has not already on its last legs and paying between $200-$350AUD. but with very little luck. The way I see it as do many other Inspire 1 owners do is that it is perhaps a tactic to force us to shelf these drones in the hope that we will upgrade to current models which would be great for DJI but instead if forced to shelf the drones and purchase a new drone, the last company I will be spending my money with is DJI.... Why is it that DJI does not at least inform consumers that the $3000 they about to spend will only last as long as the 1 battery that is provided? Yes, I understand Kogan is a separate company but do any international companies have any moral or ethics left these days? Perhaps not but I can assure you that you would certainly retain more customers if you enforced a mandatory disclaimer on 3rd party retailers.

I doubt that I will receive any answer from any DJI representative with real authority on this matter nor a response that offers a real solution to many of us that still operate these birds and have spent $1000's of dollars on them upgrading and keeping them well looked after and in the air but for what it’s worth to your marketing and sales analytics departments, this is why many professional operators/piolets are moving away from DJI Because you just cannot guarantee that DJI are going to be in it with you for the long haul unless you keep throwing money in to their pockets and employing less than desirable sales tactics to new unsuspecting recreational victims that are gullible enough to think they can just go out and buy another battery. If nothing else, at least release the so called smart chip to be sold by itself, or better still the schematics of the battery to open source so we can sort this problem out ourselves, that wont cost you a single dollar, you no longer sell the product remember... At least give us something that shows us we were once a valued customer.
2020-6-23
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

"I doubt that I will receive any answer from any DJI representative with real authority on this matter"

Why did you bother than? You've been talking to a wall, my friend ...
2020-6-24
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sold mine Inspire 1 and the batteries had good life left in them.  Shame that a drone as good as this remains stranded without getting new batteries ever again.
2020-6-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is a great drone but let's be honest - the Inspire 1 was first announced in November 2014 and was succeeded by the Inspire 2 in November 2016. It remained in production for years but as with all technology it had a shelf life. Compared to other DJI models it had an especially long run - as we are coming up to the sixth anniversary of it's original release. They had to draw the line at some point. I agree that third party sellers need to make customers more aware of what they are buying especially if being sold as 'brand new' - though you would have to be nuts to pay what was full retail for an Inspire 1 now.
2020-7-7
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm in this EXACT boat right now.

And I'm forking over the money because I don't want to upgrade needlessly to the Inspire 2.

I'm currently flying the Inspire 1 X5R and will be for another few years. The footage is spectacular.

Best,
Gavin
2020-7-22
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Guys,

Let's not forget that in DJI's web store, they are selling the Inspire 1 Pro's for app 1300 bucks. It still on the site. If this is the case, why do we not have batteries available?
DJI, you got to love em,,,good product but the worst support on any company I ever dealt with. I mean the worst.........
2020-10-31
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jazzyjeff Posted at 10-31 09:20
Guys,

Let's not forget that in DJI's web store, they are selling the Inspire 1 Pro's for app 1300 bucks. It still on the site. If this is the case, why do we not have batteries available?

Those are second-hand refurb models - new production ended over two years ago
2020-11-5
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 11-5 09:03
Those are second-hand refurb models - new production ended over two years ago

So after 2 years out of production,,,no batteries available??
2020-11-18
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jazzyjeff Posted at 11-18 07:11
So after 2 years out of production,,,no batteries available??

Seems that way - and props too
2020-11-18
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Unreal considering DJI is still selling the product in their refurbished models. Spoke to my DJI dealer who I bought the bird from and he said yeasterday and he said they were frustrated also. They could not understand how DJI could sell a product still and not support it?? They are hoping that DJI will release a new batch of batteries.
2020-11-26
Use props
Kevin Halle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you hurry, Amazon has a TB-48 black for only $450.00!!
2020-12-2
Use props
djiuser_KA2wjVg0kBQN
New

Australia

Approached DJI and TB48 is on its way to me in SA
2020-12-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_KA2wjVg0kBQN Posted at 12-29 22:35
Approached DJI and TB48 is on its way to me in SA

Would you kindly share the info how did you approached DJI in this matter? Some pilots are reporting that DJI has some stock of these batts indeed, but they're not available thru DJI Store, at least not in Canada ...
2020-12-30
Use props
DaFred
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3830781 ft
Belgium

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2020-12-30 17:08
Would you kindly share the info how did you approached DJI in this matter? Some pilots are reporting that DJI has some stock of these batts indeed, but they're not available thru DJI Store, at least not in Canada ...

Buy the TB47S 48S for the matrice ! (They are even cheaper). Change the full head , also the connectors to the inspire 1.  (Unplug te balance connector and desolder the black and red wire to the cells.)
This will do the trick. Brand new batteries !!
dji-tb47s-intelligent-flight-battery-540.jpg
2021-1-3
Use props
DaFred
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3830781 ft
Belgium

DaFred Posted at 1-3 10:22
Buy the TB47S 48S for the matrice ! (They are even cheaper). Change the full head , also the connectors to the inspire 1.  (Unplug te balance connector and desolder the black and red wire to the cells.)
This will do the trick. Brand new batteries !!

2021-1-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

That's exactly what I just did, with one only difference: swapped yellow and red wires on connector board (telemetry). Pulling temp prob out may be the challenge, but with little persistence it works. Also, resoldering (-) leads on "smart" boards is easier. Sadly the 47 pack is of mediocre capacity, giving me a mere 10 minutes flight in winter. Oh, well, 48 will be next to go with ...
Better New Year to you!
2021-1-3
Use props
Pribospire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193438 ft

Germany

The swiss company heliengadin.com offers refurbished TB47 and TB48 batteries. Does anybody have some experience with this manufacturer/products?
https://www.heliengadin.com/collections/inspire-1-products/products/dji-tb48-5700mah-inspire-1-battery?variant=32026880016451

I can't understand why DJI stopped the selling of Inspire batteries. These drones are quite expensive and no toys. So professionals need this parts and I would expect a long term support for battery, props and other parts.
2021-1-17
Use props
fansb73ecbe5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 509 ft
Sweden

Pribospire Inlagd kl. 1-17 09:51
Det schweiziska företaget heliengadin.com erbjuder renoverade TB47- och TB48-batterier. Har någon erfarenhet av denna tillverkare / produkter?
https://www.heliengadin.com/collections/inspire-1-products/products/dji-tb48-5700mah-inspire-1-battery?variant=32026880016451
Hallå!

Intressant har någon skickat in och fått batterierna renoverade.

Jag har själv 11st TB48  som skulle behöva renoveras.

Kan idag ha min Inspire 1 pro i cirka 11 minuter i luften och då är den på cirka 3,6-3,7 volt när jag flög med den i 2 plus grader.

Har också ett helt ny inspirera 1 proffs som jag köpte för att ha i reserv om jag måste skicka in en för service.

Det är synd att DJI har ...at sälja batterier.

2021-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules