1000 12 2020-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1211427 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any word on when we can expect the firmware update on the Smart Controller that will enable it to work with the Mavic Air 2?
2020-6-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey Bill,  I think there's a lot of people here that would like to know that too.
2020-6-23
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

I think DJI are playing the maximum sales game. They are now waiting for the sales to start slowing and then they will release the firmware so the smart controller will work with the MA2.

This will then bring in the sales for all the people that perhaps have a Mavic 2 and smart controller to buy the basic MA2 kit and then the sales will spike again.

All in the sales strategy, this is only my honest opinion
2020-6-24
Use props
DG Boiler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39938 ft
United States

Cauffy Posted at 6-24 11:33
I think DJI are playing the maximum sales game. They are now waiting for the sales to start slowing and then they will release the firmware so the smart controller will work with the MA2.

This will then bring in the sales for all the people that perhaps have a Mavic 2 and smart controller to buy the basic MA2 kit and then the sales will spike again.

Seems diabolical enuff.  Cmon DJI. Let’s roll!
2020-6-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nothing in the latest app and FW release - may be the next one!
2020-6-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

30th February at this rate hehe
2020-6-24
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49918 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Me too. Any ETA ? Here is an idea - update the controller firmware so it can be used on other drones - e.g. mini. Hell it's a $750 item - the more drones that can use it the more they sell..
2020-6-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cauffy Posted at 6-24 11:33

bringing compatible software to an overpriced nearly end of life product will cause the sales of their most advanced and popular drone to spike?  

there are probably only about 200 non-commercial scm's left in the entire world for sale and about another 300 at dji or refurb, exactly what kind of spike are we talking about?*

if that "plan" has any chance of working, they gotta go scm clearance at 50% off.  lol lol

*numbers are approximate, I don't work at dji so I don't have exact figures...but you get my point!
2020-6-25
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-25 09:57
bringing compatible software to an overpriced nearly end of life product will cause the sales of their most advanced and popular drone to spike?   

there are probably only about 200 non-commercial scm's left in the entire world for sale and about another 300 at dji or refurb, exactly what kind of spike are we talking about?*

Speculate much?
2020-6-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

it's not speculation.  like I said it's a guess but an educated guess.  do you have better information?  maybe you can help us with more accurate numbers, I'm happy to hear your thoughts.

do you think there are tens of thousands of scm stacked away at retailers and in a dji warehouse ready to sell after so many years?  if so, this is a mistake.

do you think dji is still manufacturing the scm for the consumer market trying to keep up with demand?  if so, don't expect to see scm2 anytime soon.

so I don't know but here's what I do know:  sw update to the scm to make it compatible with the ma2 is not going to "lift" mm2 sales any more than the googles sw update.  dji already knows the sw doesn't sell the drone otherwise they wouldn't have been able to unload a ton of broken mm on us last fall that were unable to fly half the time.

my guess is a ma2 fmc w/scm package for $1,500+ won't sell.

/s

2020-6-25
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-25 13:35
it's not speculation.  like I said it's a guess but an educated guess.  do you have better information?  maybe you can help us with more accurate numbers, I'm happy to hear your thoughts.

do you think there are tens of thousands of scm stacked away at retailers and in a dji warehouse ready to sell after so many years?  if so, this is a mistake.

Speculation:  the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
2020-6-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BillTheDroneReviewer. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I am sorry that the DJI Smart Controller is not yet compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2, our DJI engineers are still working on it. In addition, DJI Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the Smart Controller through a future firmware update. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest update by visiting out official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you.
2020-6-28
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-25 13:35

speculation
[ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n]
NOUN
the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit" · [more]
synonyms:
conjecture · theorizing · hypothesizing · supposition · guesswork · talk · theory · [more]
investment in stocks, property, or other ventures in the hope of gain but with the risk of loss.
"the company's move into property speculation" · [more]
2020-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules