778 7 2020-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blacker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114541 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This is the first time I ever needed service for a drone from DJI and it has been disappointing one. After 3~4 flying sessions with the Mavic Air 2, I noticed constant weak signal warnings around 500 to 700 meters of distance, with the drone lossing transmission altogether after around 700 meters, rendering the drone to automatically return home.

This issue is been reported multiple times in this forum (example: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=215964) and in that case, the customer got a replacement after sending the drone in.

In my case though, they confirmed the issue and opted to repair it instead of replacing it. I don't understand why in one case the customer had their drone replaced and in my case it was a repair, given that both cases are of the same issue. I had contacted the technical support by chat, but they failed to give me a clear answer.

It is very frustrating getting a drone defective at arrival and having it repaired after only 5 flying sessions, not to mention the wait (been without the drone since the June 11th). If I had purchased the drone in any other retailer, they would've replaced it right away.

Why DJI can't replace it like they did in other cases?
2020-6-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there. Sorry to know about this. We pulled up your case using your Forum account. Upon confirming. DJI, will replace your aircraft and remote controller. As of writing, it will be shipped out soon. You may check the progress here online

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to reach us again for any concerns. We're here to help. Thank you.
2020-6-24
Use props
blacker
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 6-24 13:19
Hi, there. Sorry to know about this. We pulled up your case using your Forum account. Upon confirming. DJI, will replace your aircraft and remote controller. As of writing, it will be shipped out soon. You may check the progress here online

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to reach us again for any concerns. We're here to help. Thank you.

Hi Diana, thank you for your reply.

I got emails referring to repair being done on the drone, complete with quality assurance, which led to me to believe the drone had been repaired. Now you are informing me that it actually got replaced. So the information I got is not accurate?

Thank you
2020-6-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

blacker Posted at 6-24 21:33
Hi Diana, thank you for your reply.

I got emails referring to repair being done on the drone, complete with quality assurance, which led to me to believe the drone had been repaired. Now you are informing me that it actually got replaced. So the information I got is not accurate?

Hi, yes it has been replaced. Kindly use this tracking number 1ZE80E406846145591 in tracking the delivery status.

We really hope that we're able to help you with this matter in providing you the best possible DJI service. Thank you kindly for your patience.
2020-6-25
Use props
blacker
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Thank you, I will keep an eye on it
2020-6-29
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope you are aware that this replacement is most likely not a new one, rather a refurbished unit.. let us know..
2020-6-30
Use props
blacker
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

SupBro Posted at 6-30 18:54
I hope you are aware that this replacement is most likely not a new one, rather a refurbished unit.. let us know..

Yeah, I mean, as long as it works as expected, I don't mind. It was brand new when I first bought it, look how it turned out...
2020-6-30
Use props
blacker
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Got my replacement yesterday and did a quick flight test. I noticed the improvement immediately, the difference is night and day! With the previous aircraft, I would get weak signal warning around 600 meters, and loose transmission around 800 meters. With the new one, I flew over 1200 meters without a single weak signal warning, much more reliable. For those who are experiencing the same issue, I would strongly recommend that you contact DJI for a replacement, it is clearly a hardware issue.

PS: I had an unrelated problem with this new drone that I find it worth mentioning. When I first started the drone, it prompted a firmware update which I did. After that, the drone got stuck on "IMU Initiating. Retrieving IMU data (Code 30066)" and wouldn't allow take off. Tried in a different location to no avail. Went home and tried refreshing the firmware of both the drone and RC through DJI Assistant and the issue persisted. The issue was only gone after I downgraded the firmware on both devices and upgraded them. The flight test was after this operation, so far so good. If someone else experiences the same issue, try these steps.
2020-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules